GT5 Who has Gran Turismo 5 already?

I got the PS3 and GT5 here in front of me. All the way home super excited. Called The Wizard when I arrived at the shop and he told me to buy a HDMI cable (check!).

Raced home. Unpacked the combo box. Rapidly fixed the wires/cables and other stuff. Hmm where to plug the sound in my monitor. WHERE!!!?????

Oh no, the monitor doesnt have any sound out, :no:

Okay, back up plan: going to attach this thing to my TV and .... here it comes.... race with a controller (God forgive me, don't revoke my access to sim-heaven please 3x)

The Wizard will send me some speakers with a soundoutput tomorrow so ill should be okay to race on my monitor AND with the G25.

Back to installation / updating :)

I just completed my first level. This is the last time ever i play with a controller and on a TV :) Racing with a controller is like watching women's beachvolleyball where they are fully dressed up, no fun at all.

Ill wait until i have found a workaround tomorrow for the sound. Can't wait to get this wheel connected to the ps3!

First impressions of the game are good :)

Robin, I also must complain about wait times. I have loaded it on the PS3(8GB of data) but I still have load time. Sometimes, I think the game forgets that I am there waiting for the next window or menu, like when you are put on hold on the phone and you don't hear anything. It is ABSOLUTELY FRUSTRATING! GT5 must give us a patch!

I have the "OG". I just think that If it has loaded data material to my HD, then there should be little waiting. In fact, i wasn't waiting for a race to load. I was waiting for the system to save the fact that I had painted my car then return to the GT menu. 90 seconds is a long time to wait when nothing is happening on the screen and the yellow hard drive light on the front isn't flashing.

I got the PS3 and GT5 here in front of me. All the way home super excited. Called The Wizard when I arrived at the shop and he told me to buy a HDMI cable (check!).

Raced home. Unpacked the combo box. Rapidly fixed the wires/cables and other stuff. Hmm where to plug the sound in my monitor. WHERE!!!?????

Oh no, the monitor doesnt have any sound out, :no:

Okay, back up plan: going to attach this thing to my TV and .... here it comes.... race with a controller (God forgive me, don't revoke my access to sim-heaven please 3x)

The Wizard will send me some speakers with a soundoutput tomorrow so ill should be okay to race on my monitor AND with the G25.

Back to installation / updating :)
Doesn't your monitor have a connector for headphones on the back?
Than buy 3.5mm jackplug male both sides.
One in the monitor, the other in the line-in in the pc, and you got yer sound via the pc. That's how I'm doing it.

I have the "OG". I just think that If it has loaded data material to my HD, then there should be little waiting. In fact, i wasn't waiting for a race to load. I was waiting for the system to save the fact that I had painted my car then return to the GT menu. 90 seconds is a long time to wait when nothing is happening on the screen and the yellow hard drive light on the front isn't flashing.

maybe an issue with the blu-ray reader?

Ill wait until i have found a workaround tomorrow for the sound. Can't wait to get this wheel connected to the ps3!

Bram, just to be clear, in the settings, you can select what output the video comes from and what output the audio comes from - they don't have to be the same.

I've got mine in my little study/office with my Pc & my hifi. I've set it so video comes down HDMI, audio down the AV out (ie the red/white on the default lead), which plugs straight into my hifi, so loudness rulez.

The red/white will plug into any device with an "Aux In" or "Line In", so a combination of (cheap) plugs will get pretty much anywhere :good:

well i had 5 hours on this with my dfgt and boy im not impresed i just cant see where 5 years have gone into this, the graphics are poor most of the time very flat, alot of the cars are ps2 ports cleaned up, dont get me wrong it does look nice in places , (f12010 gfx are better) , but what kills it is the shocking ai its the worst i have seen in a game they just brake so hard aproaching any corner and you bang straight into the back of them they even shove you out of the way to hold there racing line and you end up spining out , the only good thing is the phisics very good for a console game, 6.5 out of 10 for me , back to iracing and rfactor for me.

So after five hours in a row testing I can say I am a happy man buying a PS3 :) To get all things working I bought a great new monitor today: Samsung 27" beast. The game looks amazing on such a big screen.

More racing tomorrow :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back