GT5 Who has Gran Turismo 5 already?

I bought it yesterday in a media markt.

The game looks very very good in the first moments.
The cockpit view is great... but I am very sad about the outside cam --> The feeling for speed is very bad. If you drive 250 kmh it feels like to drive 50 kmh.

But on the cockpit view is great... well done sony!!!!

But I argue about the Arcade mode.... You cant drive all tracks.... and only a few cars. First you have to buy the cars in GT5 Mode (buy), the you have to add them to your favourite list. Then you can drive them in the Arcade mode...
This is much much better in Forza, Every car, every track... thats the right way...

But GT5 makes a lot of fun... but for me only in the cockpit view.
the driving physics in forza 3 are a little bit better.

Wish you a lot of fun with GT5... nearly the best racing game on consoles ;-)
My first place for console racing games goes to forza 3 !!!

I've only really dipped a toe in it thus far, did a few of the early licences - oddly enough, the only one I could only get bronze on was the very first one, all the rest I did, which were closer to racing, were silvers or golds, so that bodes well.

Bought my first s/hand car, the Levin/Trueno/AE86, won a kart and did a couple of Kart races (the first two tracks are pretty basic, tbh).

G25 working very well (I defined it as a Driving Force Pro), including the H-shifter.

I wasn't feeling great yesterday, so it was only a brief half hour or so before the GTL event (which I ended up sitting out as well because I was so knackered) but I have to say, I'm impressed with what I've seen.

I'm going to start adding some of the RD names as friends this evening, so if you get a request from deely_stan, that's me :D

Just made my reservation at the Saturn - The Wall in Utrecht:
- GT5
- PS3 (320HDD)

Combo-pack for E344,00.

Will race from work in Germany directly home to pick it up tonight (speeding tickets here we come). Feel like a kid in the candy store now, haha

Impressions guys impressions!!!!

It sucks, no killstreaks, no perks, no finishing moves, I can't stop the other drivers and pull them out of the car and steal it, there is no drive-by-shooting mode, no zombie mode, no top down 2D scrolling game mode, the cars don't transform into mega robots and fight each other for victory and none of the cars can fly, there is no option to mount a vulcan cannon on my hood and no rocket launchers - total bull**** man! taking this back to the store today...man 5 years..what a letdown!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back