Who do YOU Want in a Mercedes Next Season ?

Susie Wolff.
1. She can legitimately sleep with the boss.
2. I would love to see the big girl Hamilton beaten by the little girl Susie
You're funny. And you're not. Depending from the point of view I guess.
But what do I know, we should ask our dear female members here (beside our own one and only Karina from Moskva:)) if they find themselves ...amused. :alien:
By the way, my last F1 idol was Senna. After him, all were only meh, Michael included.
Wish I could see Senna in today's F1 ? Can we all think that hard for a second please !??
Laughable isn't it ?
Forget Max as being "F1 outlaw who deserves a penalty at least his every third race" this one would being punished like 23 during one grand prix. :D
Every his move would be ...dangerous, unsportsmanlike and against the rules.
Eh.. different times, different habits I guess... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

With Bottas leaving, if Nasr can't provide as much $ as Williams may want (or another driver not Maldonado), Massa may come back from retirement and run in 2017. It may sound off but I wouldn't doubt it.

Edit: adding to the thoughts - Stroll brings plenty of money and if Bottas does leave, it may mean the team won't have to pay for their Mercedes parts, leaving even more money for development and work towards 2018 as well. So Massa could even stick around for 2 seasons instead of being retired.

My picks would be Alonso and Vettle. Though personally I feel Vettle wouldn't want to switch from Ferrari, since his idol Michael Schumacher dominated in Ferrari, (but he would technically still be following the footsteps of Schumacher. Since he DID switch to Mercedes, he'd just be making the switch faster).

My picks would be Alonso and Vettle. Though personally I feel Vettle wouldn't want to switch from Ferrari, since his idol Michael Schumacher dominated in Ferrari, (but he would technically still be following the footsteps of Schumacher. Since he DID switch to Mercedes, he'd just be making the switch faster).
I think Mercedes has Alonso higher on the list than they have Vettel.
Alonso is a driver who can develop a car. Vettel is less good in that.

Botass (or PM) vs Hamilton
Interesting to see who wins the most races next year.
Not yet won a race in f1, botass (but maldonado has :)), and didn't get many good results in 2016.

• Deleted member 130869

Alonso has all the Honda talk but because he has a contract. I hope it isn't the case but just wait, if Honda is not fighting for podiums in 2017, he'll be knocking back on Toto's door.

It is easily possible to assess a driver's performances even if they are in an inferior car to the front runners.
Botass has for the last year or two put in a number of mediocre/poor races; causing collisions, for example. Other times, much better.
At the moment I'd say he doesn't live up to the hype.
Shall see next year - quite interesting pair of drivers in the merc it will be, nonetheless.

I suppose Williams must be treating 2017 as a transition year with Lowe just
coming on board and Lawrence Stroll's cash hitting their bank account so I guess we shouldn't expect too much and that's exactly what Massa will deliver. :(

Considering Rosberg won the championship ;)
Exactly, if Nico can win the champ so can Bottas. :D

Let's be honest, Nico had a lot of luck. Hamilton had technical problems early in the season and then the Malaysia retirement. In my honest opinion, even as a Hamilton disliker, he was always generally faster than Nico, easily told from qualifyings.

But of course, getting the title isn't always just skill. Requires, obviously, a fast car but reliable too. Though let's see how the power rates are between teams next year. A few teams might hop forward.

Hamilton was unlucky, but I couldn't take some of his comments on luck seriously this season! He was talking about Rosberg getting lucky due to other teams mistakes when he benefitted from them errors more than Rosberg did :D
lol.

But Hamilton wasn't at fault (FOR ONCE) in Austria...Nico was just being weird.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back