Who do YOU Want in a Mercedes Next Season ?

Or he's mad or the money wasn't good enough. 'nuff said. :D
According to his ex-DTM collegues he's a total unpleasant person so I vote for Pascal Wehrlein. Formula 1 needs more strong characters both on and off the track.
So is he "totally unpleasant" or he's just a "strong character", don't get it. :cautious:
Or... it could be both at the same time.
Doubt but can't put my life on it, I'll blame it on my non-native language... :whistling:

Also one Verstappen is enough for me
Here in the Netherlands we have a lot of fun because of him!
And we have even more fun because of you. "He is arrogant", while he is here well known because of his humbleness.
I just loved that moment he won in Spain. A few months before that he met Johan Cruijff in Barcelona. Cruijff's shirt number was #14.
Where did Verstappen win? Barcelona. His time: 1 hour 41 min and 4 seconds. 1:41.4 (14 14).
Where did he qualify? 4th. Finish 1st. 1 and 4.

... while he is here well known because of his humbleness.
Not that I doubt his talent but saying Verstappen is humble is like saying Raikkonen is a genius in media handling.
He will probably have a great career but I reckon he will be one of the most debatable drivers in terms of sportmanship.

Here in the Netherlands we have a lot of fun because of him!
And we have even more fun because of you. "He is arrogant", while he is here well known because of his humbleness.
I just loved that moment he won in Spain. A few months before that he met Johan Cruijff in Barcelona. Cruijff's shirt number was #14.
Where did Verstappen win? Barcelona. His time: 1 hour 41 min and 4 seconds. 1:41.4 (14 14).
Where did he qualify? 4th. Finish 1st. 1 and 4.
:confused:
Then this movie is made for you mate. :)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481369/
No need to thank me. Enjoy.

And now Williams said they're ready to release Bottas...

The moment of my prediction (and some others') to become true is soon at hand... :coffee:

Jenson would be the perfect choice for Merc IMHO.

They need a driver who will be able to get many points for the team, win some races, help to develop the new car, and forces Hamilton to be focused all the time. The problem is to convince Jenson to return to F1 for at least one more year.

Fernando is a no go for me. It will be a management nightmare for Toto to get those two very big egos in line. From a pure spectator perspective, yes, Fernando would be the choice.

Jenson would be the perfect choice for Merc IMHO.
You live in the past mate.
Although a great man, and one of my favorites on the grid, Jenson is in his "pension mode" for whole '16 season. Did you watch the same season as the rest of us ?
You need to take of those pink glasses.:unsure: Trust me, been there, done that. I was wearing same pair of those for Jenson ex team mate, Villeneuve. You just don't want to accept that your idol is no more at the same level as he used to be. Buy, sadly, he's not. Time for retirement. Massa and Jenson got it. You just have to leave ...eventually.
And some even retire these days on their peak, as we may saw it ...few weeks back.
Nico is a man in his own world, obviously. :alien:

Last edited:
You're wrong, I don't know from where you think I'm a Jenson's fan. Nowhere near that :)

I'm old enough to know that Fernando will be a mess for Merc with Hamilton, like it or not, it's the truth. Valteri is by no means up to the task, i'm sorry, but its my opinion only after all.

Pascal is the future for Merc, but this is not the right time, the team needs an experienced driver for 2017: new regulations, new car, they need to get points to challenge the contructor championship, and develop the car at the same time, so Pascal may be would do it very well, but there is a big chance for a fail too, nobody knows, and Mercedes thinks the same apparently because he is the evident first choice for them, but no announcement yet, so...

Who's left without contract and up to the task?

By the way, my last F1 idol was Senna. After him, all were only meh, Michael included.

Bye!

Susie Wolff.
1. She can legitimately sleep with the boss.
2. I would love to see the big girl Hamilton beaten by the little girl Susie

From the friendly noises coming from Williams I get the impression that the Bottas deal is done. Not going to be very flattering for Wehrlein if Williams really get Massa out of retirement instead of taking him. Lack of experience didn't seem to be a problem for some of the great drivers of the past so I guess the teams just don't rate him.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back