Who do YOU Want in a Mercedes Next Season ?

I just don't want boring driver there. But who's asking me, you say. :D
I would love Sainz but, tbh, he's kind of boring too, although mostly match Max's pace while he's been in TR, he let him all the spotlights.. he just sits there and complain how it's not easy being in shadow of someone whos been called "the new Senna". Just plain boring.

Agree, Bottas is quite boring too. A bit more interesting than his teammate Massa. Those cool Finnish battles with Kimi did helped a bit. :D

Vehrlein. Boring too. He beats Rio for most of the time, but he's nearly as close as some other drivers sho started in worst team (read Minardi) beat their temmates. Namely Alonso or Webber. Addionaly, he seems like a too nice. Wish we could have someone who's more like MadMax, Alonso, Vettel, (old)Kimi, Perez, Grosejean,... you know... Maldonado... Don't laugh, he has some good drives. :D

Simply put... a driver like Hamilton deserves someone who'll drive all the attention from him a bit, wish I could see his behaviour then. And make him swallow his words "I don't care (implying he's just too good for anyone and whoever they bring he'll just destroy him)" when they ask him about who'll they could bring for Nico now.

So... yes... Alonso is from that standing point by far the best option.
He's not boring at all, he's also political, shady, celebrity, charismatic and still very very fast.
But yeah... once again... who's asking me. :D

He seems too nice? He lost the Force India seat because of an attitude problem :D
Who's lost Force India seat ? :O_o:

Also one Verstappen is enough for me
Ahh... you really can't stand a look of him, aren't you ?
And I thought I don't like him. Then I met you. :laugh:
Every time he's mentioned, you have to Mars-bar(ed) him.
I hope you like that new term mate, I invented it just for you. :rolleyes:

Who's lost Force India seat ? :O_o:

Wehrlein lost out on the seat to Ocon (because of an attitude problem ;) )

That's what I meant

Ahh... you really can't stand a look of him, aren't you ?
And I thought I don't like him. Then I met you. :laugh:

To be honest, I didn't think I would dislike anyone more than Hamilton :D I think I've said why I have such a strong dislike towards him (let's face it, I probably have). No denying he's the best overtaker in the sport and is quite annoyingly a future star, I just dislike his defence and his attitude. He's young so I'll probably grow to hate him less as he matures. He's on the right track as well. (he hasn't moved under braking in a long while so good on him for that)

Also don't just think I hate Max ;) He get's a lot of exposure so I have more oppurtunities to complain about him ;) I mean here's all the other drivers I hate or dislike (Hamilton, Raikkonen, Palmer, Nasr, Ericsson, Wehrlein and Kvyat)

Can I vote Ocon? :D

I know I said he was meh earlier, but actually I think Bottas actually might be a very good choice. The guy should be driving for Ferrari right now instead of fricking Raikkonen, and I would love to see if he would be able to challenge Lewis.
Why would you vote Ocon? He hasn't shown that he's F1 material so far.

Sorry, but Mercedes aren't going to sign a number two who is way past it. It would be an interesting partnership for sure but it would have been better in the earlier years of Lewis's career
I don't he's past it, he has beat Vettel in the second half of 2016 and although Mercedes won't sign him, I think he has a season or maybe two in him.

I don't he's past it, he has beat Vettel in the second half of 2016 and although Mercedes won't sign him, I think he has a season or maybe two in him.

He has -2 seasons in him because he should have retired at the end of 2014 :D

Why would you vote Ocon? He hasn't shown that he's F1 material so far.

Rewatch Brazil and come back to me on that one.

(Also, with over half a season less experience, what exactly were you expecting from Ocon?)

It is no use putting all your eggs in one basket , you stand to loose everything should they fail to pull it off. Senna , Prost show's you just how effective risking putting two of the best talent in F1 in the same team , when they almost took every single win.

Its may have been volatile at its max point but it worked & worked well.

So I would go with Alonso I think he has more hunger for a another world Championship than Lewis after all the barren years .

I would hope Lewis as grown up a little since that last time they shared the same team.
For Mercedes it should be win win option they still have the best engine even if they do not adapt to the new rules has well has the current one's they should still be in the winning seats , even if the other top teams close the gap.

Mercedes simply have to have the best driver package they can afford.
Their History proves they do not settle for 2nd best when signing drivers.

Less there is some wonder kid out there Alonso has to be on their list.

He has -2 seasons in him because he should have retired at the end of 2014 :D

Rewatch Brazil and come back to me on that one.

(Also, with over half a season less experience, what exactly were you expecting from Ocon?)
Ocon was good at Brazil, I can't deny that. But I expected him, with all his lower category + Force India and Renault testing experience to be matching Wehrlein consistently after a couple races.

With Kimi, in 2012 & 2013 he was very quick. I think he would've retired at the end of 2015 but Ferrari had faith in him and he has done very will this season by beating Vettel10-9 in the qualy battles this year.

With Kimi, in 2012 & 2013 he was very quick. I think he would've retired at the end of 2015 but Ferrari had faith in him and he has done very will this season by beating Vettel10-9 in the qualy battles this year.

He was quick in 2012 and 2013, but since his back injury, he hasn't been the same since. He has been outscored by his teammates every year since then (including being absolutely dismal in 2014 and 2015). I think quite a lot of drivers on the grid could outscore him over a season nowadays.

Ocon was good at Brazil, I can't deny that. But I expected him, with all his lower category + Force India and Renault testing experience to be matching Wehrlein consistently after a couple races.

He had four FP1 sessions in a Renault, and had never driven the Manor beforehand. Not really the experience needed to challenge a very quick driver with over half a season more experience. (Junior Formula experience isn't going to help you drive a car you've never driven before quicker than a teammate with more experience.

But then again, there's this stat again "And also, let me give you a fun little stat. In races where both Manor cars finished, Ocon beat Wehrlein 3 times, and Wehrlein beat Ocon 3 times." Talk about matching his teammate

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back