Who do YOU Want in a Mercedes Next Season ?

Out of all the contenders, the most deserving driver of that seat is the one who is ignored the most.

Carlos Sainz Jr.

If I were Toto Wolff I'd be pulling out all the stops to get that guy in my car.

Alonso for two reasons.

Firstly, I regard him as one of the strongest drivers and it would spice up the next season to see what he can do alongside Hamilton. Could mean fierce battles both on and off the track.

Secondly, as Alonso unfortunately has the worst timing in the history of F1, him leaving McLaren would consequently mean that they will be a top team again next year which would be great. :D

All three are deserving; however, I think Pascal Wehrlein has the most upside of the bunch. I may be a bit partial as a DTM fan, but I was impressed by his driving for most of the 2016 season...especially seeing him race in a Manor with it's "go kart engine" vs real F1 engines.

Alonzo v.s. Hamilton would peak everyone's interest. Plus I don't think he's near done. Ask Johnny Herbert who earlier in the season said he ought to retire. That was added motivation. Plus I think he is the best at overall racecraft. But maybe the answer is a short term deal with a driver until someone more interesting and a bit younger is available. Maybe Perez for example or Grosjean although he's probably eyeing Kimi's seat for 2018

I'd go with Sergio Perez over Bottas, he gets every bit out of that Force India and has placed on the podium more than a few times.

You heard it first here, ladies and gents.
Confirmation then, @Tobias Röhner , the first driver to go from simracing (and some local karting events) directly into Formula 1.
You're an inspiration to us all, tobes

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back