Who Could Fill the Vacant Mercedes Cockpit?

Actually its Carmen Jorda!
- age 28
- very experienced
- drove open wheeler car (GP3)
- was part of Lotus F1 as a development driver

posted a video of herself driving the Formula A f1 car in Project Cars
https://www.facebook.com/projectcarsgame/posts/905159746266528
1c2df2a0-9b56-46ae-b48c-826939a45ef8.jpg
My gran can drive faster than her. :p

One obvious reason that it's not gonna be Bottas..you can't really merchandise him, and while Finland is in my opinion (as i am a huge Rally/cross fan) the best motoring country in the world, they just don't have a lot of people.
Outside of Finland really no one cares about him, he doesn't have bling like Hamilton, he isn't funny and likeable like Ricciardo, he isn't as flamboyant as Verstappen, not good looking like a bunch of others, so probably not dragging any female fans as well. He is not extrovert like Vettel, Wehrlein, Button...and he is not a genuinely brilliant driver, like Alonso. I am 99,99% it's not gonna him, quote me if i will be wrong.

Wehrlein would be the obvious choice, probably the second most talented driver in the grid, German, good looking, extrovert, doesn't mince matters.
I really don't get the negativity towards him. He made miracles for Manor, got them an incredible point, outpositioned way better cars almost every race, outpaced his teammates pretty much every race. I bet he would set fire under Hamiltons ar*se, pressurize him way more during races, then Rosberg.
Now he didn't listen to his team once, and is the bogeyman? I don't get it..he is a saint compared to Hamilton or Vettel, when it comes to team orders.

One obvious reason that it's not gonna be Bottas..you can't really merchandise him, and while Finland is in my opinion (as i am a huge Rally/cross fan) the best motoring country in the world, they just don't have a lot of people.
Outside of Finland really no one cares about him, he doesn't have bling like Hamilton, he isn't funny and likeable like Ricciardo, he isn't as flamboyant as Verstappen, not good looking like a bunch of others, so probably not dragging any female fans as well. He is not extrovert like Vettel, Wehrlein, Button...and he is not a genuinely brilliant driver, like Alonso. I am 99,99% it's not gonna him, quote me if i will be wrong.

Wehrlein would be the obvious choice, probably the second most talented driver in the grid, German, good looking, extrovert, doesn't mince matters.
I really don't get the negativity towards him. He made miracles for Manor, got them an incredible point, outpositioned way better cars almost every race, outpaced his teammates pretty much every race. I bet he would set fire under Hamiltons ar*se, pressurize him way more during races, then Rosberg.
Now he didn't listen to his team once, and is the bogeyman? I don't get it..he is a saint compared to Hamilton or Vettel, when it comes to team orders.
'The second most talented driver on the grid,' are you having a laugh m8?

'The second most talented driver on the grid,' are you having a laugh m8?

Well i come from football, and when you are talking about "talents", you mean young players, that have the potential to become world class.
And yes, i think Wehrlein has the most potential from the young drivers, after/together with Verstappen.

Well i come from football, and when you are talking about "talents", you mean young players, that have the potential to become world class.
And yes, i think Wehrlein has the most potential from the young drivers, after/together with Verstappen.
He does have talent. But I mean that no one would want to sign him because of his arrogant attitude.

I think it might be Vettel. He seems to be on the outer in Ferrari, he's German and he's a four time world champion. It'd be a good battle between himself and Hamilton

He does have talent. But I mean that no one would want to sign him because of his arrogant attitude.
Where exactly has he shown arrogance? Every time i heard an interview, no matter if in English or German, he seemed pretty humble. I followed him his whole DTM career, and he was humble there as well, even when he won the championship. When it comes to arrogance, there are completely different/worse drivers out there...

Rather seems like his looks and charisma make people, who didn't occupy themselves a little more with his person, believe that he is arrogant...

I think it might be Vettel. He seems to be on the outer in Ferrari, he's German and he's a four time world champion. It'd be a good battle between himself and Hamilton

I wouldn't actually be surprised. I don't think the Seb-Ferrari relationship will last much longer. The honeymoon phase didn't really last.

Where exactly has he shown arrogance? Every time i heard an interview, no matter if in English or German, he seemed pretty humble. I followed him his whole DTM career, and he was humble there as well, even when he won the championship. When it comes to arrogance, there are completely different/worse drivers out there...

Rather seems like his looks and charisma make people, who didn't occupy themselves a little more with his person, believe that he is arrogant...

Nah he has a Verstappen attitude (and you all know how much I hate Verstappen's attitude)

Example A- Questioning why Force India picked Ocon instead of him

Example B- Ignoring team instructions of stopping the car when there was reliability problems

Also he had a reputation in DTM for being arrogant

Enough people that big car companies care about it. Same in football, ouh wait...same in free enterprise. Regardless of men or woman

So by that logic, teams should fight it out to sign Carmen Jorda because she is hot :D

So i guess you also hate Hamiltons attitude?

Correct!!!!

So i guess you also hate Hamiltons attitude?

Absolutely, because i obviously stated, that look is 100%, and the rest is irrelevant :rolleyes:

(This is where I over exaggerate when I disagree with a point. Looks don't really play a part. Having a hot F1 driver won't really attract more fans, especially as they can't see the drivers face when racing. The racing is what matters!)

Correct!!!!
Fair enough then. I also hugely prefer drivers like Ricciardo or Button. But a tad of arrogance shouldn't hinder a career at Mercedes, quite the opposite. Most F1 winners in past decades were pretty arrogant. Comes with the job description, well for most

(This is where I over exaggerate when I disagree with a point. Looks don't really play a part. Having a hot F1 driver won't really attract more fans, especially as they can't see the drivers face when racing. The racing is what matters!)

Doesn't necessarily have to be a good look, but something distinctive, like i wrote in my post above. Something that makes you recognizable, conspicuous compared to others. That is true for every high profile job, btw.

I want Alonso or Button to get the seat. If Alonso gets it that means Button will end up back in McLaren. But would be cool to see him in a Mercedes.

Hamilton vs Vettel... now that would get me more interested in Formula One again.

Would love to see Hamilton up against someone with the talent of a Vettel in the same car. I know he had Alonso back in '07, but loads of politics and stuff interfered with that season imho so it's not really a true and proper team mate battle.

Button did an outstanding job when they were paired together at McLaren, despite it being "Hamilton's team". I like Rosberg, and prior to his years at Merc with Hamilton I didn't really rate him as top top class. He's good, bloody good even, but for me not in the very top echelon of talent like Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, Riccardo and soon to be Mad Max.

Now Hamilton v Vettel would be a great test of who really is top dog in the sport. For me two things would happen - Hamilton steps up yet another gear and really shows he's one of the best and beats Vettel over several seasons, or he throws out his toys, blames everyone for everything and sulks on social media until everyone blames a). conspiracy theory b). poor reliability or c). Mercedes want Vettel to win because he's a German, even though he earns way less than Hamilton and in every interview from Mercedes top brass they never seem to criticise Hamilton but hammer his teammate for everything.... hang on, am I talking about the future or remembering the last three years?? I'm confused ;):p

Whatever happens, as long as Pastor M doesn't come back its all good :D

#mansellformercedes2017

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back