White line around textures

Have just read a way of ridding textures of the white line by Eric Tozer. So to Eric Tozer or anybody with more Pshop experience than me . I've been making my own winter trees and have ended up with the finer branches white. I went to layer matting to try and rid my trees of this great frost look but although it helped it was not enough. When separating tree from background I thought the thing to do initially was to have the greatest difference between the two. Can you give me some pointers for the masking with the same color.

Hi ebrich
I just use the eyedropper to select a colour in the image that I want to use for the background.
Then make a new layer & fill it with that colour & put it underneath my tree layer.
If you've still got some white coming through you may need to alter your mask until the white doesn't show. tree.jpg
Cheers

Many thanks both of you. Martinez that is not just 'helping a bit' that is the bees knees of tutorials. Is it copyrighted!!?? All that remains is to have the pleasure of going through it. Thanks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%