PC1 Which Wheel Thread

Hi Guys,

I'm mainly an Xbox One gamer, but i have been looking to convert a room in my home to a place i can set my PC and all my gaming stuff up to start sim racing properly...

I'm just wondering, it seems that the Thrustmaster 458 Italia wheel would be the best option, but i'm just curious as to if any other wheel would be good enough to use on both Xbox one and PC.

It's in the Project Cars section because to start with it'll only really be used on Xbox...

Cheers :)

If you wanna go all out then you can spend 10 times, but the wheelbase, a rim and the cheapest pedals will set you back less than €900, vs the TX @ approx €350, so it's closer to 3 times, by far not 6 times, but in the end it's not too important cos it's most likely too expensive for a starter set anyways :)
There might be revealed some new and less expensive Fanatec wheels for XBone, but if you're in a hurry then go for the TX, it's a great wheel at a great price! (but awful pedals :p)

Mine TX cost ar. 330 €, basic set of Fana: V2 524€ + any new rim 350 € + 250 pedals = 1124 + handling + shipping. So its easily ar.4 times cost of TX.
However no idea why we compare it, TX is entry level with useless pedals and Fana V2 is full modular prosumer equipment.

Answering to OP question i would count TX + F1 rim + Fana Elite pedals + TH8A shifter + Cronusmax.

TX is entry level with useless pedals and Fana V2 is full modular prosumer equipment.

Jesus H. A TX is entry level? What would members here that have Momo's, DFGT's and Thrustmaster RGT's have then? Less than entry level? Kiddies toys? A G27 is just a play thing for arcade games then?
:confused::whistling:

Seriously? :speechless:

G25/27 are decent wheels and solidly constructed. The FFB can be set up easily too.

Most wheels of the new generation are overpriced, imho, and it's a real shame that Logitech pulled out of the market. G27 is now the 'entry level' wheel, if you don't want some plastic sub-€100 pos. :p

In the UK, you can pick up a new G27 for about €160. Full price is around €375.

I'd love a decent 'modern' wheel setup, but the level of expense is getting silly. When people start tossing €900 around as being a normal cost, it's time for someone else to enter the market ;)

Jesus H. A TX is entry level? What would members here that have Momo's, DFGT's and Thrustmaster RGT's have then? Less than entry level? Kiddies toys? A G27 is just a play thing for arcade games then?
:confused::whistling:

Seriously? :speechless:
Bingo m8 :)
It depends, entry level to what? Momo, DFGT, cheapo Thrustmaster and MadCatz wheels are all entry level gaming peripherals, with the G27, Fanatec GT3 and the T300/TX being high end gaming peripherals, but the latter ones are also entry level simracing hardware. Anything less than a G27 is toys/gaming peripherals to me.
That's how I look upon it, it's not right, or wrong, it's just opinion :)

I'm quite comfortable with that. But people need to remember, these are just games. Games we play when we are not working. ;) Just enjoy them and don't worry what others have got. Some people in this world don't ever get that opportunity.

I'm quite comfortable with that. But people need to remember, these are just games. Games we play when we are not working. ;) Just enjoy them and don't worry what others have got. Some people in this world don't ever get that opportunity.
Oh agreed, one should get what one feel one can afford! I doubt the CSW v2 I'm getting will make me win more races than a DFGT would, I've seen so many aliens run the DFGT after all, but it's a worthwhile investment for me because I can afford it and because if you spread the money I've spent on simracing out over the hours of enjoyment I've gotten out of it, it's pretty damn cheap tbh.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.7%