PC1 Which Wheel Thread

Hi Guys,

I'm mainly an Xbox One gamer, but i have been looking to convert a room in my home to a place i can set my PC and all my gaming stuff up to start sim racing properly...

I'm just wondering, it seems that the Thrustmaster 458 Italia wheel would be the best option, but i'm just curious as to if any other wheel would be good enough to use on both Xbox one and PC.

It's in the Project Cars section because to start with it'll only really be used on Xbox...

Cheers :)

Although I've never played with a Logitech, this Thrustmaster TX Italia has far far surpassed my wildest expectations. I don't know how they did it with the price. Yes, the pedals are crap, but that can be easily rectified or lived with. And the wheel, although by itself feels cheap, turns into a "real" feeling wheel when attached to the wonderful power unit.

P.S. - I will never buy Fanatec again. Ever. Long story on another thread.

Yes import duty is the stopper on that plan. We seem to get stung various ammounts depending on what day it is and what the inland revenue guy had for breakfast.

The pixmania outlest looks a good buy. Cheers

Andy

Damn. Even a package marked as "family photo albums" sent from Uncle Jim?
When you send a package over borders you are required to put the value on a customs clearance sticker on it, depending on which country the receiver in there are different laws on taxes and VAT, but for instance in Sweden we don't pay taxes on gifts value $50 or less. So if you buy something at $200 and have someone mark it as a $50 gift, it'll most likely go through customs for free (unless they suspect you are tricking them ofc). But the problem is however that if your goods disappear during freight, you have no insurance for the full $200 value of your goods and you have just wasted all your money.

When you send a package over borders you are required to put the value on a customs clearance sticker on it, depending on which country the receiver in there are different laws on taxes and VAT, but for instance in Sweden we don't pay taxes on gifts value $50 or less. So if you buy something at $200 and have someone mark it as a $50 gift, it'll most likely go through customs for free (unless they suspect you are tricking them ofc). But the problem is however that if your goods disappear during freight, you have no insurance for the full $200 value of your goods and you have just wasted all your money.

Maybe privately insure the goods and ship through an international private carrier so as to split the declaration and the insurance?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%