Which wheel stand?

Hi guys im looking to get a wheel stand for my new wheel and pedals, something solid and easy to remove from desk area so i can use PC for other games etc.
At first i was considering a wheel stand pro but since discovered the Gt Omega apex and Gt Omega Classic stands which also look nice, thoughts and suggestions welcome.

+1 for the GT Omega Apex. I bought one recently and posted a mini review here:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt-omega-apex-wheel-stand-review.169907/

It's basically an improved version of the Next Level wheel stand for less money. Unlike the Next Level product, on the Apex you can adjust the angle of the wheel and the pedal plate. The pedal plate is also stronger. Like the Omega stand, the Apex also folds down for storage. If you want to see how it survives with a direct drive wheel at 100% force, look here:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
c8IEIvh.jpg

Upvote 0
Then, isn't it true that with the wheel stand model above you slip away with the chair when you put force on the pedals?

It depends on the type of chair and the surface it’s standing on. There are ways around the problem. I only really started to notice my chair moving after I started using a load cell brake and it was easy enough to prevent.

Upvote 0
I'm considering it, but I was thinking if it's too low in height.
Then, isn't it true that with the wheel stand model above you slip away with the chair when you put force on the pedals?

Take a strap like you would see on a duffle bag, and tie one end to the stand and one to your chair and that should keep your chair from moving. I will see if I can find one of my old pictures to post that has this setup.

Upvote 0
Anyone recommend a fairly cheap stand for the T150 Pro with T3PA pedals?

I've bought my nephew the wheel for Christmas but he will also need a stand for it.

Upvote 0
Have you considered the playseat challenge?

Came here to recommend this. I was considering the GT Omega stand thinking I would attach the seat to make it a "true" rig in the future. However, that would require more money and a permanent space...neither is a guarantee as of now. So I pulled the trigger on a Challenge and couldn't be happier. For those considering the T-LCM pedals see (read) my experience here. I see myself having this product for many, many years, and would not hesitate to purchase another for myself or as a gift. :D

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years