F1 2010 Which View?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
hi all

Just wanted to see what View you guys were using in game i use the Can cam above the drivers head is this the most popular one or is everyone using cockpit cam? or is there another one thats being overlooked?

Cockpitview for me. I think Codies made a big mistake with allowing the "console'ish" swingcam camera in this game. Besides it being the most strangest view ever for any race games it also gives you a huge advantage in the rain.

Should either be banned or updated with rain effects imo

I don't agree with the 'elitists' who reckon their in cockpit is the way to go, suggesting that every other view is cheating. May I remind you this is just a game and ultimately doesn't make you a better person in any way.

If the view is in game then please explain to me how this is cheating? Keep your patronising comments to yourself please.

• Stephen White

I think the cockpit view is horrible...

The problem with most cockpit views is you don't get to see anywhere near the amount of track you would in real life, so you are essentially driving blind...this is why a lot of people use the swingman view in other sims - it's to get a sense of the track, not to "cheat"...you are kidding yourself if you think that cockpit views on racing games is the same things as what you would see in real life, to even begin to come close you need a three monitor setup and 3D....

So I totally agree with Crowsy and use the T cam view in F1 2010 (unmodified)...

well to be honest..how low do you think an f1 car is?!
actually you see just above the nose...like in the game..but with a helmet on and strapped in , you hardly see as much as in the game..so i do like it being pretty close to realistic height.
But it's a personal preference , isn't it. it's still a game and everyone should choose what he likes the most , since you still have to enjoy it ;-)
I'm just used to cockpitviews and hardly do any better when i choose another one. Only the fov should be changed a bit..i'll probably look into those mods soon..
Besides that , i haven't tried my track-ir yet in this game..anyone knows if this works?..that's even more awesome, since you can look into the corners with a track-ir .

ah yeah i understand its personal choice i usually use the cockpit cam in other games but i cant realy see properly out of the car on this when im racing with it maybe if i got used to it abit i might be able to drive with it.

But yeah i do realise that a F1 Car is very low and the cam angle is probably bout right but yeah its too low for me and i sometimes am trying to look over the car lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back