F1 2013 Which view will you use in F1 2013?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Right so we've found out which track will be your favourite and which driver....

My next question: which camera view will you use for F1 2013?

Mine will be T-cam, yes im a wimp in terms of cockpit view lol :D

However I would like to do cockpit view eventually!!!

I'm going to pipe up here and play devil's advocate... I think it would actually take much more skill to be quicker using the rear view of the entire car - that would be impressive! :ninja:
It's an advantage, but i wouldn't say it's faster.
I drove from this view for a long time. The advantages are great. You can see farther ahead than any other view and have a greater chance of placing the car exactly where you want it. That can make your lap times faster and make you more consistent. It also lets you see more of what is around your car and can help you avoid an accident.
That said, i switched straight to cockpit view from there because i wanted to eliminate all the assists. It's a much greater challenge and a heck of lot more fun. I could never go back to using another view.
When i first switched view i was a couple seconds slower than with far chase view, however once i got more running in the cockpit that time difference disappeared.

Last edited:
It's an advantage, but i wouldn't say it's faster.
I drove from this view for a long time. The advantages are great. You can see farther ahead than any other view and have a greater chance of placing the car exactly where you want it. That can make your lap times faster and make you more consistent. It also lets you see more of what is around your car and can help you avoid an accident.
That said, i switched straight to cockpit view from there because i wanted to eliminate all the assists. It's a much greater challenge and a heck of lot more fun. I could never go back to using another view.
When i first switched view i was a couple seconds slower than with far chase view, however once i got more running in the cockpit that time difference disappeared.

Impressed - I would find it really difficult in chase cam. I firmly think people should use the view that suits them most, as long as they keep it clean and fair I'm happy!

Jumping between Cockpit and T-Cam. With other sims I find the cockpit cam to be 100% fine but the F1 games I've always found it to feel off. Hopefully the wonderful modders around can sort us out with a better cockpit view

Just to add to the T-Cam vs Cockpit cam fight. It doesn't matter which one you use, you have exactly the same speed, exactly the same consistency and so on. Camera position just can't make you faster or slower. Only chase cam makes u slower. Even with the camera that you see only the ground, you can easily be as fast. And by the way, you should try that, it's really fun! :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back