Which View do people use?

Just out of interest, which driving view do you use?
Single screen, no VR.
have always tried to use drivers eye view, but quite like the dashboard view in some cars as can't quite get a comfortable view in some cars.

Classic cockpit view for me. Dashboard view looks wrong to me.

With a lot of adaptation of my perception of distances, apex / turn in points I could for sure manage also dashboard view. But happy with the former so no need to change.

Cannot use the moving drivers /helmet view at all. I miss all my apexes 100% and misjudge the amount of wheel rotation I need... :roflmao:

...using an ultrawide 49" samsung btw.

As both dash view and cockpit view may have the same kind of settings and both views are working with TrackIR5 ..... and moreover I should use the same settings in cockpit view as in dash view ... no need to worry I always have the same view anyway. :D

In my install ... if I fully extend my arms I nearly touch the screen ( 34" Ultrawide curved ) ... and that's just where my real car's dashboard has its edge. ..... so same kind of view, nor wheel nor driver's arms on screen .... just mine as Eckhart above.

NB: I just tweaked the Hud.json settings in order to have the engineer's written messages visible as they were hidden behind the T300RS base. ( and using Crew Chief rather than the original spotter-engineer. )

I just bought this and been testing it out both flat screen and VR.
It's more impressive than AC, PC2, WRC 8, DR I'd have to say...and in VR in all 3 that do it (no VR for WRC 8).

I have not settled on my favorite view yet, but tend towards either cockpit or bonnet.

Last edited:
That's for the same reason I mostly use the Dashview ... but never could find a real good view setting in pure cockpit view before the TrackIR's implementation.... and still not quite perfectly afterwards. :(
Finding the perfect distance from the virtual steering wheel is easy...I just envision what I see in my own car.
In ACC's seated view, I want to have my eye-point no more than a theoretical 5 inches above the top of the steering wheel.
I also want a slightly downward pitch to be able to "guestimate" the L/H and R/H corners of the hood for turn in positioning of the car..
For some unknown reason, I can't seem to achieve it in ACC.
I can get the distance but the proper level of pitch seems elusive.
I'm not sure if the range of adjustment is less.

Well seeing as I am sim racer and I use a wheel and pedals I always have done and will always continue to use the normal cockpit or helmet view. I never have the steering wheel showing either as that looks daft having two steering wheels. I am a traditional flat screen user with Track IR5.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%