RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Wow.

A race of two halves!!

Pre pit stop: Terrible start - I end up dead last :whistling:. Picked up two places when I took advantage of Reggie Blain Snr and Sam squabbling for the place in front of me. Then had a lonely race until the pit stop.

Post pit stop: Straight away I felt no confidence in the car after changing only the front two tires. The car felt very oversteery after that for the rest of the race. Dennis then suffered his graphical glitch (as mentioned above), and we duked it out for the last eight laps in epic style!!! I had set my 6th gear one step too short for following in a car's slipstream which meant I could never quite get Dennis down the main straight. Almost got by on the penultimate lap only to have too tight a line to get on the power on exit and consolidate the pass. A little tap on Dennis on the last lap fortunately didn't affect the result for either of us Great battle, and enjoyed it every bit as much as Dennis! :D

As it turned out (and as I realized at about 15mins in), my brake pedal seemed to constantly send the slightliest brake signal

I noticed this from the start when I got behind you that's why I asked if you had your lights on or if you were trail braking.

Not a bad day. Final lap in Qualify jumped me into 8th off the line. Did 3 weeks in a row of driving Formula Masters cars and McLaren so took me a while to get comfortable with the brakes and handling of the mini. Finally started finding my pace near the end grabbing almost a second a lap on Dennis and Kevin as they battled but ran out of race time :(

As I said haven't been in the Mini since before the servers went down and have to say I have missed these mini Fridays. Not a lot of chat or banter this evening but not surprising as you really needed to concentrate on this stupid track.

Great stuff as usual!

For once, I was actually very happy with the setup, and the car, didn't act like it had a life of it's own. It felt perfect. And I went into my own imaginary land, and ran around in a delirious state, thinking I was going to stay close to the top, when the race started. I even manage to humiliate @Björn Golda and showed him who was the boss, by stealing his hopes to start in front of me ;)

Then all the aliens came, and in return humiliated me, by showing who's was the real boss, and kicked me down to 5th. After that I went into the bathtub and played a really funny game, called "Hey, I'm a Emo, and I like to cut myself" And I also cried a little. But Satan showed up with some really delicious cookies, made in hell, and after that, I everything were fine again. :sneaky:

Okay, now on to the race. I didn't really executed the start very well, and lost my 5th place to @Arunas Linkevicius, but manage to steal it back in T3. We did trade some paint, due to the corner being filled with drivers. I saw a small gap behind @Peter Ell, since I just had little to much speed, and being afraid of bumping him, I decided to go there instead. I knew, Arunas was around there somewhere, but didn't know exactly where, so that's why we traded some paint.

On lap two, at T1, @Matthias Klein gave Peter Ell a kiss, and that was my ticket to pass them both. Now, at this point, I was forced to drive my nuts off. Peter Ell refused to let me go, and he was constantly at my back. On lap 6, I missed the breaking point by few centimeters, and at T1 he passed me. In the meanwhile, we both had succeeded to leave the other ones in the dust.

However, I wasn't going to give up that easy, so I sticked to Peter and that fighting between us, had us magically, somehow, made it possible to catch up to both @Reggie Blain and @Nelson Ullinskey. On lap 8 though, Nelson went off, and Peter and me passed him when he was looking for some babes on the beach. I'm now up to 3rd, and spent that lap behind Reggie and Peter.
I wasn't a threat to any of em, but I was there, watching, planning my move.

But I gave up that thought, and decided to pit on lap 9. When I exited the pit, I was down to 11th place, but after T2, I was in 7th instead :O_o: but thats pretty unimportant at this point, since not everyone had done their stops yet. Anyway, now the tedious work to try drive the car started, since I only changed two tires. I lost some time, and speed, but could still hold my spot away from Matthias, who kept getting closer and closer.

On lap 12, at T1, Peter just came out from the pit, and teamed up with Matthias, to hunt me down.
I was now up in 2nd place, and had to pray to the gods, both the old and the new ones, not to do anything dumb to lose my spot. I had to drive the car like I had stole it, and like my life depended on it. Peter had a few funny attempts to try to pass me at T1 a few times, but I always took it back.

On lap 15, Peter gave me a kiss at T1, but was very kind to stop and let me retake the spot.
We continued to fight to the death, but it was clear that he had better tires, and at the end of lap 15, both Peter and Matthias gave me the finger and passed me, after somewhat a confusing pile up we created :roflmao:

Rest of the race, we all three pretty much stayed together. And then last lap came, when Peter bumped Matthias at T7. Matthias went to Neverland, and Peter himself stopped to let Matthias get back to his spot. However, this was like stealing candy from a kid, for me, so I moved to 2nd place, and thats where I finished as well!

It was epic racing, pretty much from start to finish.
Also, my writs hurts like hell!! :thumbsup:

Hey guys,

Preparing, practice and quals were nothing "in front" of the race, so there's nothing to talk about. :cool:

Little bit of Matthias, little bit of Daniel, a quarter of Arunas and a pinch of Nelson and we cook an epic race. So much happened that I am not able to describe them... They know... ;)

@Daniel Linder and @Matthias Klein , I hope you enjoyed this race as much as I did. :D

Sorry Matthias, your early breaks and no braking lights, made it impossible for me to avoid bumping on you. :unsure:
I waited for you but then I realised you did the same and that proves your high quality attitude.:thumbsup:

The Peak of The Race. :confused:

LOL, I bumped on Daniel, he slips and while I'm waiting for Daniel to pass me again, I have to keep Matthias back "within walking distance" from his attempt to overtake me. ( I suggest you take a look at it from Matthias POV. Happens around 18.45/Lap 15 ) A moment over my capabilities.:rolleyes:

That's all from me. I think Daniel gave us a detailed and humorous description of the rest race.
:thumbsup:

P.S.: Ahh... Wrists do really hurt like hell!:confused:

Last edited:
..Okayama what a track !
upload_2014-12-6_16-1-8.png

I am in...

Last edited:
I would like to run other tracks than '07 and use cars from other packs in WTCC and STCC. We do that to some extent but it would be nice to open the field, but not lose drivers. For instance, this week we run Okayama and there are two versions, did I pick the version that will bring the most drivers?

A reminder as well that many of the addon's are available on Steam at ridiculous prices, the others are reasonable.

FYI: Race Injection contains
  • STCC The Game 2
  • Formula RaceRoom
  • GT Power Expansion
  • Retro Pack
  • WTCC 2010 Pack
So, owning these, you can also mark Injection :) Btw, Raceroom, which used to be a free DLC on its own, got added to all R07 owners at some point, IIRC - so you might wann re-check whether there's a not-installed addon lingering in your steam library :)

Also, as far as I know/have experienced, the Crowne Plaza Addon cannot be properly installed anymore. No idea why, Steam will "install" it, but there's no data/track/Vectra added.

That's great! By the way, which version of Okayama will we be racing? I see there is server available for our STCC event, but the track is "unknown" (I have all DLCs).

Well, that unknown thingy is real pain. Even thou you might own everything, you still end up with not bing able to join. And the reason for that is mostly a mod that is somehow interfering with it. That's one of the reason I am not really a huge fan of using stock content. (I have around 20 car mods and double that amount when it comes to tracks) It's a real pain to try figure out which one it is. However, you can in a way, decrease the tedious work to figure it out, by downloading something that is called "Sim Racing Manager"

It should be available here on RD, or just Google. Thanks to the SRM, you can disable mods, without the need to un-install them, for the Club racing, and then later, enable them again. However, as I said, it just decrease the work by a tiny bit. You might have to disable 2-3 mods, and then launch the game, to see if it works, perhaps back out, disable a few more, until you are able to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.0%