Which tracks would you like to see dropped?

I wouldn't mind if they swapped Montreal with mont tremblant every year, and to keep with the gp swapping, swap hungaroring with red bull ring(Austria is next to hungary so they can't get that butthurt), and add charade for the lols.

I'd like to see Hockenheim dropped, there is nothing even remotely characteristic, remarkable, or interesting about that track. Plus, it keeps the Nürburgring, one of the most awesome tracks out there, from hosting the German GP every year, which is a damn shame.

As opposed to many others here, I don't have anything against Valencia, yes, the race might have been boring, but that wasn't exclusively down to track design (one longer drs zone instead of two shorter ones would have helped + the McLaren's inability to cope with the heat on the medium tires made it a lot less interesting than it could have been). Plus, the track has a nice flow to it.

Abu Dhabi and Singapur might not have the best layout out there, but the scenery is just fascinating. And the latter is so damn difficult, it's one of the tracks that really separates the boys from the real men ;-)

Bin Valencia and Bahrain, we already have a race in the Middle East and IMO Abu Dhabi is better than Bahrain. Put Imola in Bahrain's place.

+1. Good call. Bahrain...while not a bad layout could use some trackside references. I know, I know...it's desert. Valencia is just plain dull as a circuit...which is unfortunate, cause the surrounding area is beautiful. One track all walls... the other all sand with zero real references.

I know, I know...it's desert.
So is UAE, but Tilke managed to make the scenery interesting, and with the underground pit lane and the day/night transition, it sort of makes up for the fact that it is long straights/hairpins and as flat as a pancake. At least sector 3 is interesting at UAE as well, love that flat out triple right-hander!
If Tilke could make UAE unique, why not Bahrain? Oh wait, it is, it's just the Crown Prince is a child playing in a sandpit, the only difference between him and a real child is that each of his 24 toys develop about 700 bhp.:tongue:

Singapore is nothing but 90 degree corners and one sweeping corner. Only one sweeping corner? At least Monaco has a variety of corners. A blend of tight and sweeping corners that keeps the flow going. Singapore is however physically exhausting, so it does its job well there but the track itself is just boring.

I suggested dropping Valencia due to boring races but the track itself is probably the best of all the new tracks out there, and it wasn't designed by Hermann Tilke (except for a few parts). I like Yas Marina and Istanbul but they all suffer from Tilke's design, where we have twisty corners, short straight, twisty corners, really long straight, more boring twisty corners. Also what's with the hairpin at the end of the long straight? We don't need a hairpin to overtake just a heavy braking zone. The new Hockenheim is good, but it doesn't compare to the old one, which they didn't have to demolish anyway. The old layout doesn't get in the way of the new layout so they could have kept it for other race series besides F1. That's just the way the FIA thinks.

To be honest, all the street circuits and all the tilkedromes (bar turkey).

THe street circuits on the whole are boring for overtaking, and the Tilke circuits are all too similar.

I think more rotation should be done - there are several countries with more than 1 quality circuits to race on, and it would be more exciting for... fans, drivers, promotors, sponsors, local economies... the list goes on really.

THe criteria for a circuit should be that there is grass present at the side of the track.

Singapore is by far the best and most challengin track, as boring as it is to watch. Love watching it...matter fact its a great track...it just needs to be cut down a bit. MOnaco still great. I say drop Bahrain and bring back Imola...i heard there were words about bringing back the Imola circuit. Or we can start transitioning tracks around....like Nurburgring with Hockeheim....etc. you know.

i'd also drop monaco. the cars have outgrown the track IMO.

Agreed. It's too difficult to overtake, and it isn't as well equipped safety-wise as the other tracks. Where most tracks have a fairly decent run-off area, Monaco just has a metal barrier and the occassional escape road.

I'd however like to see Laguna Seca and Brands Hatch in Formula 1. Although they may be too short to accomadate Formula 1 properly.

Say goodbye to Shanghai, Barcelona, Valencia, Nurburgring, Hungaroring, Suzuka and Abu Dhabi.
Replace with Brands Hatch, Red Bull Ring, Zandvoort, Anderstorp, Hockenheim, Indanapolis GP and Sebring

In no particular order.

Bahrein
Shangai
Barcelona
Valencia
Hungaroring
Korea
Abu Dhabi
most likely India

Meh.

I won't bother suggesting any replacements for those, keeping in mind that most exciting tracks do not meet the incredibly high FIA standards for F1, and upgrading them would automatically mean spoiling them heavily.

Say goodbye to Shanghai, Barcelona, Valencia, Nurburgring, Hungaroring, Suzuka and Abu Dhabi.
Replace with Brands Hatch, Red Bull Ring, Zandvoort, Anderstorp, Hockenheim, Indanapolis GP and Sebring
Are you nuts? We have Austin already lined up instead of Indianpois, Suzuka and Shanghai are both great tracks aswell as Hungaroring and Nurburgring.
Red Bull Ring is half built, most of the stands are missing seats, theres no pitlane complex, altough the barriers and tarmac are still there. Goverment won't allow the build. Although if they did rebuild A1 Ring (Red Bull Ring) it should be in the calander.

i have had a rethink of what tracks i would get rid of, and i would actually keep some of the tilke tracks i despise. if i had bernie powers, what i would do is actually 'repair' some of the tracks instead of getting rid of them.

i think sepang, istanbul and beijing are repairable. all that needs to be done is some of those ridiculous chicanes and hairpins need to be smoothed out.

after watching singapore qualys last night, that track has got to go.. it's almost cruel to make F1 cars race in that environment.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 510 39.0%