Which Tracks are worth the money?

Hey i'm still new to iracing but i was wondering which tracks do you guys think are worth the money?

For example Bristol was always a fun track in NR2003 but with the new SR and iR system , i don't see how you could race bristol without losing a bunch of points in both categories.

So far I have purchased Homestead, Indy, Daytona, Talledega, Phoenix, NHMS, Texas, Chicago, Watkins Glen, and Infineon, and Road America.

I would say that Homestead is really difficult to race so i would go with something else before i went with Homestead again.

Watkins Glen is a good road course that most series race on.

Road America is a huge track that you can easily raise your SR on as long as you stay on the track. The only problem is that you need a pretty powerful computer to get good frame rates throughout the whole track. I have pentium 4 with 3.4Ghz and 1G Ram and my fps goes down to about 41-46 at certain areas of the track.

Talledega was a ton of fun with the Trucks.
Chicago was also a lot of fun with the Trucks.
Indy is awesome with the Dallara which is how i got suckered into and addicted to iracing.
Still haven't raced on Infineon, Daytona, or Phoenix but i tested on them and they all seem pretty fun.

Right now i am looking at purchasing Michigan, Bristol, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Richmond, and probably some other road course. I have the cars i am interested in but might be persuaded to buy something else. I like the oval racing but i'm not afraid of the road courses. I think racing both helps you learn to become a better driver.

Anyway, which tracks do you guys think are worth the purchase?

I find Zandvoort and Watkins Glen amazing so far. But in all honesty most track content i have bought is amazing. Wish I could say the same about the cars.

Watkins Glenn is probably one of the best: you can race it hard and still be 100% confident that you will not go off track. It is probably the one track where I can really push during a race and not fear incident points.

Silverstone is brilliant as well, Road America, Mosport and Mid Ohio would sit in your collection well.

I definitely want the Falcon and PI, and I looked through some series calendars and the other 3 tracks seem to be pretty widely used. There are a few others that I would consider which are also widely used, like Mosport or Road Atlanta, but I'm just not sure which tracks are better to race. I'm not necessarily looking for an incredibly challenging but rewarding track, I want one that is maybe a little more forgiving?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 357 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%