Which title and background music in AC?

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
I think we all remember the great background music in racing titles such as GT Legends, GTR 2, DIRT2, STCC 1 and others and I was wondering if AC will have music playing as well.

What kind of genre will be chosen?

Music can however also be a big turn off when the wrong songs are chosen (RACE 07) and become very annoying.

What songs would you prefer?

I'd rather AC simply have an ingame mp3/radio player that lets you choose your own songs/station to listen to than Kunos having to deal with music licensing costs. :)

As for the style I'd preffer, it depends on the situation. For example, while driving a Mustang on a desert road I'd like to be listening to some 70's rock, while driving an Aventador around a high speed ring I'd listen to some trance and while using the drift mode in AC I'd like to listen to Super Eurobeat. :D

For menus and replays, somewhat relaxing music would be the best.

What I can't stand though is how some devs simply decide to throw random current songs into the game just because they are popular, and then you end up doing races while having to listen to trash like Gangnan Style. EA is particularly guilty on this.:mad:

To be honest I'd prefer Rom Di Prisco's music.
Because guy made a lot of great background music for early NFS series games (up to and including NFS:porsche) and he seems to understand what type of music is suitable for racing games...

Just watch it:

Rom Di Prisco's music is too heavy on the beats in my opinion. But some nice lounge music that gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling will do for the game menu. In the car I listen to the music of the engine.;)

Haha! Italian 70s music, cool. I am trying to imagine AC with bright funky colors and a beach in the menu background =) I think it seriously wouldn't fit, but who knows, maybe it would be a surprise hit, a stand-out from other similar games and people might love it xD

Well, practically, what makes great menu music is the ability to listen it for a million times and not ever thinking of turning it off. So, if you manage to listen to it for just 100 times, you should better be without music.

I think that Rom di Prisco did some great tunes for NHL2002 for example, less beaty but more bassy, a perfect balance between NFS fast tunes and boring lounge music. This Rom di Prisco's style phase was the best in my opinion, I never ever had an idea on my mind to turn off the main music and I was playing that game so much:

And I can perfectly imagine a car spinning in the background and reflecting the light.. awesome. I think that p&g v3.0 music is amazing too, very subtle, goes in and out, mixes with background garage sounds in the garage, if I remember correctly (nice touch) and is never boring.

I just hope that AC doesn't have some "shallow" electronic music like that awful theme from Simraceway. Or LFS music, it is more subtle and bearable, but still, "empty" and you feel like there is no music.

But THE ABSOLUTE BEST RACING GAME THEME EVAH! (good ol' 90s):

Perfect balance between epicness, bassiness, beatiness, repetition.. When I'm off the computer, it just makes me go around the house humming the theme.. Just perfect, but again wouldn't fit AC style, and the 90s are gone..

Seriously looking, AC has a serious style, carbon black, red and white-serious style, if you know what I mean.. xD The music from the Ferrari trailer is terrible in my opinion, it's too EPIC! Something that would fit World in Conflict perhaps. If this was in the menu, you would go mad when getting in the game for the third time and turn it off. AC needs something subtle and powerful, long, calm and sweeping.

But hay, this is all MY OPINION, of course. Music is ALWAYS the most difficult subject to discuss about cause tastes are different =)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 396 40.0%