Which screen to use

IMG_3159.jpg
Hey everyone ,

I am waiting for my steering wheel to come in today.

I have got an obutto revolution as a seat but not yet the money to put a triple monitor setup on the monitor stand.

As i want to get going today I have 2 options.

A 37 inch Toshiba TV LCD ( old beast 37bv701g )

Or my normal computer monitors ( also older Dell ST2410 )

What do you guys advice if you had to choose between the 2 options have atm ( buy new monitors , I know )

Above you can see what the setup looks like now , I could shove the obuttto under the desk to use with the 24 inch monitor if i wanted , just intrested what you guys think the better idea would be !

Bram

Last edited:
I would go with the one big single TV! Two screens are just weird in my opinion with the black bar in the middle etc.
But: maybe the TV has huge input lag! Connect it to the PC and see if your mouse is lagging extremely or nearly not noticeable. It's important for racing to have almost no input lag. Not as important as with the mouse for shooting games, but important :)

Upvote 0
That TV is only 50mhz so doesn't look too promising, however input lag and refresh mhz are independent measures so you may get lucky and the lag may be tolerable. Screen tearing could be a bigger problem.

Other option is get another 24" monitor and go triples.

Upvote 0
24"? No, just don't go there because a realistic FOV is impractical. Unless you don't mind. TVs can have bad lag, but a 24" monitor is worse torture for racing games.

Upvote 0
If you decide to go with the TV buy a cheap stand or desk so you are able to get the screen as close behind the wheel as possible, it will make a huge difference. Personally if you don't suffer to much lag I would choose the TV, I have a Obutto Revolution with a 32in TV placed right up behind a T500 which as served me well until I go VR. Enjoy your Obutto great solid rig.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years