Which Racing Sim, simulates a V8 Supercar Season most accurately?

Which Racing sim can accurately Imitate a real Aussie V8 Season?

• AC

• AMS2

• RaceRoom

• RFactor2

• I-Racing ie: season not accurate

• Other - Please comment

Results are only viewable after voting.

OZ67

OZ67
Premium
Hello Sim Racers, I would like to enjoy a V8 Supercars Season with all the Aussie V8 cars and Season tracks , Any year. Default sim or mods. What would you recommend? Cheers.

Last edited:
G - None of the above.

Unfortunately no sim is going to have all tracks for a given season. Automobilista 2, Raceroom and I-Racing are immediately discounted because mod tracks aren't available for them although they do have some tracks.

AMS2 has a V8 alike car, Adelaide and Bathurst.

I-Racing, last I looked, has official V8 supercars, Bathurst, Phillip Island and Oran Park.

Raceroom has Bathurst but no V8 Supercar.

Rfactor 2 and AC are probably your best bet, with an outside chance with Automobilista 1 if you don't mind old graphics. A search of the rfactor 2 steam workshop will find you a v8 supercar mod and a smattering of tracks of varying quality. AC and Automobilista 1 will probably require a bit more legwork, a search of the download section here at RD and probably other sites too. AMS1 has a V8 alike as a default car.

Another vote for the original rFactor from me :)

V8Factor Unleashed with skins covering 2007-2012 here:
Cockpits are a little visually dated, but the cars drive very well. And car models and skins look good!

For Aussie and NZ track mods to use with these cars that should cover the complete seasons, check this post:
If you dig around, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi V8 layouts for rF1 are also on the Internet, but are admittedly harder to find.

What led me to this thread is that myself and others here on RD are currently working to assemble a full trackpack covering the 2007-2012 seasons with well-calibrated AI at each track. A big task... :rolleyes: With any luck, we'll get it done and release it here on RD!

Last edited:
Another vote for the original rFactor from me :)

V8Factor Unleashed with skins covering 2007-2012 here:
Cockpits are a little visually dated, but the cars drive very well. And car models and skins look good!

For Aussie and NZ track mods to use with these cars that should cover the complete seasons, check this post:
If you dig around, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi V8 layouts for rF1 are also on the Internet, but are admittedly harder to find.

What led me to this thread is that myself and others here on RD are currently working to assemble a full trackpack covering the 2007-2012 seasons with well-calibrated AI at each track. A big task... :rolleyes: With any luck, we'll get it done and release it here on RD!
thats brilliant mate!

I use V8scorsa for AC , nice cars with 4 models, most of V8 Supercars 2022 season Australian tracks are available as mods for AC.
1649396815805.png

Attachments

• 1649396723945.png
    1649396723945.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back