Which pedals to buy?

Looking to spend around £300-350 on some pedals. Have been eyeing up the Clubsport V3's from Fanatec but heard mixed things about them as a company.

Aside from the regular companies you see every day, what "out of the way" so to speak companies make pedals as well?

I have a T300RS upgraded from a G27 (FFB feels a lot nicer so was worth it IMO)

I found this company: Digital Motorsports, but it seems a bit cheap.

Are they legit? (as much as I hate that phrase!)

Or any other companies you would recommend. I need all 3 pedals please.

When ordering the Heusinkfelds I didn´t think about that, but it makes perfect sense.
In the german Simracing Forum there are reports from small " manufacturers" ( which should be called copyists) who sell simplified Heusinkfeld "clones".

They buyers have problems with the shipping process as the sellers don´t have a system which is tied into the parcel delivery systems.
They "simplifications" fail as they are not engineered by professionals and not tested to exacting standarts.

My Sprints cost double the money but are backed by a professional engineering company with excellent costumer service.
This company has been around for years now and does know what they are doing.
They have theyr own propietary software which allows a lot of adjustment and the use of profiles for different cars/tracks.
They just work!!

( what I didn´t know up front: the turnaround time between ordering and delivery was 28 hours from The Netherlands to Germany!!)

So :

expensive? Yes.

worth the money? At least for me. definetely yes!!

MFG Carsten
People don't realize that Niels doesn't seem like the "huge billion dollar company" type.
If he could sell Sprints at a cheaper price, and maintain their quality and standards, I'm sure he would. But they did the math and even with the ramped up logistics system and simplified electronics and components, that's the price they charge to pay for manufacturing and be able to employee engineers, sales staff, support staff and still at least give him a salary worth doing this for.
If you have a high quality pedal set, with good electronics, good engineering and you're selling them at half the price of Sprints... I wonder where you cut costs. And most customers won't know.

Those BJ Sim GT "HE Ultimate cosplay" pedals look amazing... And I was super tempted to buy them, but I had no idea what a support request would be like since I have no idea how many employees they have. PT2 pedals? Chris doesn't make them anymore. It's what, one person handling RMA/support tickets?

Upvote 0
Just a question. Could I order Pedals directly from Heusinkveld? I am not feeling the mark-up I have seen at some third party retailers in the US.

I encountered something that reminded how Fanatec likes to cut corners in the ease of use department. The USB cable on my CSLs worked it's self loose. I discovered this I went to plug them into the PC, and got no signal. Once I realized they were unplugged at the other end of the cable, I immediately went full Yosemite Sam when I tried to plug them back in without removing them from my wheel stand. 15 minutes later, and I finally got them bolted back on. What the Hell Fanatec! You couldn't put the control box closer to the left side of the pedal base?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank god!

I'm taking the "I'm good with the Pedals I have" comment back. They work, but after having to deal with a spiky throttle and now the stupidly placed control box... I think the HE's are warranted.

Upvote 0
They arrived in Japan from Europe in 3 business days. Faster than something I ordered on Amazon Prime in Japan that shipped domestically from Tokyo. I have no idea what kind of voodoo they're doing for their logistics, but they're very fast.
If I had to guess, they have some system where the pedals are already in a shipping box, and when an order is received, the label is generated with tracking and fixed to the box, and it just gets picked up daily.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just a question. Could I order Pedals directly from Heusinkveld? I am not feeling the mark-up I have seen at some third party retailers in the US.
Yes you can.
It´s what I did, the shipping was astonishingly fast.

The website says all versions are in stock, so if you order now they are in the UPS truck today with your name on it.:cool:

MFG Carsten

Edith says:
on a ( very late) second thought:
have you calculated shipping and import dutys to the US?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
had sticky brake pedal, had to use Vaseline on foam (didn't help much).
Anybody that reads this and thinks it's a good idea - please don't. Only use a silicon based lube on your foam inserts. A petroleum based lube will eat away at the foam and make your brakes worse.

EDITED: Pure Petroleum Jelly shouldn't chemically react with Polyurethane foam though I can't be sure about the reaction with the Klueber wax that coats the PU inserts. Also Fanatec support currently recommend PTFE Dry Lube.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Anybody that reads this and thinks it's a good idea - please don't. Only use a silicon based lube on your foam inserts. A petroleum based lube will eat away at the foam and make your brakes worse..
Use of "technical" Vaseline on PU foam is in the user manual.
1619028944670.png

Upvote 0
Use of "technical" Vaseline on PU foam is in the user manual.
View attachment 467678
I'm happy to stand corrected, so how did that work out for you? or anyone else that's tried it?

is Technical Vaseline the same as Vaseline? I don't think it is. I have visions of people going to their medicine cabinet to fix their pedals.

Just as a note, Fanatec have been coating their Foam inserts with Klueber wax since 2016 and don't recommend lubricating them as it shouldn't be required, but if you suffer stuttering brakes their customer support say use PTFE dry lube, it's less likely to attract dirt than silicon lube. Maybe take it up with them to find out why their manual doesn't say that.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

When pedals were released there were bunch of questions regarding this on their support forum, some users were saying that "technical" vaseline is silicone based, some were saying that it has to be petroleum based. Vaseline by definition is petroleum gelly, there is no silicone variant I've ever heard of. The quote above is from their current User's manual, it hasn't been changed since initial release.
I've solved my problem by replacing pedals with HE Pros, but for current users perhaps contacting their support would be a wise thing to do. My guess if Vaseline was a no-no, that'd be fixed manual already, but with Fanatec you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Do you really need the two dampers for the V3s? From what I’ve read the brake performance kit is a must the dampers not so much. People who bought them for the brake ended up putting them on the throttle as the brake performance kit made all the difference. I also get the impression that people who put them on the throttle partly did it just because they’d bought it rather than it improving performance. Quite a few vids on Youtube about the dampers so its worth checking them out before you buy something you might not need.Of course if this is man maths to justify spending more on something that you think is the next step up fill your boots.:)

I own the V3 with brake performance kit and damper installed on the throttle pedal.

My comment is that i could live easily without the brake performance kit, because i don't really want to push like a deamon everytime I brake. That said I appreciate the benefit of this upgrade.

Regarding the damper on the throttle, i like it because it makes my throttle input smoother, and then the weight shift front to rear, both during power phase and braking.

It is personal taste. I like it so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I encountered something that reminded how Fanatec likes to cut corners in the ease of use department. The USB cable on my CSLs worked it's self loose. I discovered this I went to plug them into the PC, and got no signal. Once I realized they were unplugged at the other end of the cable, I immediately went full Yosemite Sam when I tried to plug them back in without removing them from my wheel stand. 15 minutes later, and I finally got them bolted back on. What the Hell Fanatec! You couldn't put the control box closer to the left side of the pedal base?
I ordered direct and was using the pedals 50 hours after pressing buy. I live near Detroit.

Upvote 0
I have my Clubsport V3's now for a while, can this be locked or something? it's proper dragging on.
Aside from this quote, you could un-follow the thread to stop getting notifications about new posts. That'll save you from the stress of hearing about a thread you no longer have interest in, and it leaves the door open for future discussion. A win, win; basically.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%