Which pedals to buy?

Looking to spend around £300-350 on some pedals. Have been eyeing up the Clubsport V3's from Fanatec but heard mixed things about them as a company.

Aside from the regular companies you see every day, what "out of the way" so to speak companies make pedals as well?

I have a T300RS upgraded from a G27 (FFB feels a lot nicer so was worth it IMO)

I found this company: Digital Motorsports, but it seems a bit cheap.

Are they legit? (as much as I hate that phrase!)

Or any other companies you would recommend. I need all 3 pedals please.

I think with brake pedals you need to remember what a real car brake pedal feels like.

There is initial preload (slight movement in pedal) you are then pressurizing the hydraulic fluid the harder you press increasing braking force. In real life I think there is very little movement in the pedal once you are increasing braking force.

Apparently our muscle memory when applying just force is far more accurate / repeatable than just movement control especially in our legs. I guess it's do with the length of our limbs and the number of moving parts.

Upvote 0
Not a proper cock pit rig. Just a T300RS on a desk, with the pedals below connected via the included USB.

@AmazingReflex Yeah that's true. I heard there was something in software to adjust the amount of pressure needed, and the red dial was to adjust preload?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not a proper cock pit rig. Just a T300RS on a desk, with the pedals below connected via the included USB.

@AmazingReflex Yeah that's true. I heard there was something in software to adjust the amount of pressure needed, and the red dial was to adjust preload?
Did you also go for the Brake Performance kit? If you haven't installed it yet that will only increase the firmness.

If you're coming from the T300 or G27 pedals it's probably going to take a while to get your head around how its now about a small amount of pedal travel and how much pressure you apply rather than more pedal movement equals more brake force.

Do you have the pedals braced against something if this is a desk setup? if not you probably need to do that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

There is a setting in software called BRF(brake force) which basically defaults to 50. If you increase it, you will notice the pedals require more force or exertion from your foot to apply brake and reach 100% max threshold. Decrease and the force required becomes much lighter to the point that at minimum you could probably achieve full brake by tapping the pedal with your fingernail.

Spend some time in the Driver software just playing around with that setting and the brake pedal as you can adjust in real-time and get a feel for how tough or light you want it to feel before you hit max brake.

I have the Performance Kit installed and so mine is stiffer to push, but I also run BRF at ~80, so it is relatively comfortable to dial-in 50% or so braking, but I have to really push down firmly to make the brake go to 100%.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is there any pedals option out there between my crappy G27s and the ultra high end other than T-LCM, Fanatec V3s and HE Sprints?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fanatec v3 are $550AU
2 dampers ( brake and throttle ) are $300AU
Performance kit is $50AU
So $900AU + postage

B.J.sim racing standard pedals are $999 with free postage so work out $50+ dearer

Anyone used both have a opinion ?
Thanks

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Seems like the only thing different from HE Pro is laser cut BJ logo on pedal plates.

Upvote 0
Fanatec v3 are $550AU
2 dampers ( brake and throttle ) are $300AU
Performance kit is $50AU
So $900AU + postage

B.J.sim racing standard pedals are $999 with free postage so work out $50+ dearer

Anyone used both have a opinion ?
Thanks
Do you really need the two dampers for the V3s? From what I’ve read the brake performance kit is a must the dampers not so much. People who bought them for the brake ended up putting them on the throttle as the brake performance kit made all the difference. I also get the impression that people who put them on the throttle partly did it just because they’d bought it rather than it improving performance. Quite a few vids on Youtube about the dampers so its worth checking them out before you buy something you might not need.

Of course if this is man maths to justify spending more on something that you think is the next step up fill your boots.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seems like the only thing different from HE Pro is laser cut BJ logo on pedal plates.
I called them out because they stole the design from this guy who admit he was reverse engineering Heusinkveld, (he did it with warning people they're a Pro/Sprint clone, since it's not for profit and he explicitly asks people not to try to make money off them) and people down vote or disagree/dislike what I say lol.
Here's the original:
https://forum.simracing.su/topic/3112-samodelnye-pedali/page/1/

It kind of offends me as an engineer when people recommend BJ Sim Racing.

Upvote 0
Just get the HE Sprints , I have the HE Pro's and they are by far the best pedal set I have used and are way way better than Fanatec V3's (what I had before) , I have had the HE Pros's for over 3 years , used almost every day and have never had a problem with them and they still feel the same as when I first purchased them.

Upvote 0
Saw this played out in other places.

The Simforge pedals do look better than Fanatec V3's, but Barry clearly said at the end that other premium pedals feel better.

So at this price point they are likely good bang for the buck but only if you were planning to get V3's.

If you were looking to anti up to HE Sprints than that is still your best option.

Upvote 0
Saw this played out in other places.

The Simforge pedals do look better than Fanatec V3's, but Barry clearly said at the end that other premium pedals feel better.

So at this price point they are likely good bang for the buck but only if you were planning to get V3's.

If you were looking to anti up to HE Sprints than that is still your best option.
That's not the real issue here. Of course more expensive pedals will be better, but not everyone can afford the more premium pedals. The issue is, can we get better than V3 for V3 price, and meet demand?

The real issue is, will this company handle the massive demand, keep their production levels high and be able to deal with the amount of RMA support/requests that inevitably start to happen?

PT2 pedals were legitimately a better pedal set than V3's, period. And they were a good alternative for people who wanted something HE Pro/Sprint level for a better price. But there's a reason they don't exist anymore lol. Chris(?) was stressed out, working overtime to make them, and the money he made barely broken even his labor hours. And he even limited their production.

Whenever these "way better than V3's, comparable to Sprints but much cheaper" pedals come up, there's always issues with them not being able to keep up supply to meet demand. When you're selling things that cheap, that means you have less employees working on them. It's just economics. Either that or you're a big company that has a fabrication factory and you're just paying to have them manufactured somewhere else (Fanatec, Logitech, TM). That's the only way to reduce cost but be able to keep up with demand, unless your demand is really low. And for pedals like this, I almost ordered them when I saw SRG's review, but I stopped when I realized, he has 80k subscribers, and thousands of people commented on FB/his video about how surprised they are with the quality. I wouldn't be surprised if they woke up the next day and were happy at first, but then reality sunk in that they now have hundreds (maybe over a thousand?) of orders for pedals they were prepared to sell, at most 50 units of in the first month.

The show gets a bad rep but Big Bang Theory had a good episode about this where the girl was selling hand-made accessories for like $3 and the guys tried to help her scale up by making a website, she got an order for 1000 of them and 6 people had to work all day and night for a few days straight to meet the order. Will these pedals be the next V3's, or the next PT2's (AKA Penny Blossoms)?

I loved my HE Sprints. Best pedal set I ever owned and they were clearly a whole other league over V3's, but they were expensive. So honestly, they needed to be that much better because if they were even 10-15% less good, they'd be a bad value. It'd be nice to see a more affordable competitor that's not as good, but at least much better than V3's. V3's are honestly not that good (and I say that as a huge Fanatec fan). I actually recommend CSL LC pedals over the V3's.

I just took a look at their website closer. They're based in India, they're using some off the shelf parts (good for some reasons, bad for others) for their build. I have doubts that they will be able to meet a sudden surge of demand. I wouldn't be surprised if they have massive delays and put out dozens of units a month and just have excuses for why production is so slow. Buy if you really want them, but don't expect them to arrive in the middle of May like they're saying. Their order times use static text and doesn't update based on pre-orders received, so it's very possible hundreds of orders have gone in and they haven't updated the estimated ship time to reflect the new production ETA. I'd love to be proven wrong and I will admit I jumped the gun if they go out, but you have been warned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Point taken about the Simforge pedals. Another issue with them is possibly shipping. The comments on SRG's video had from shipping prices $120 on the low end to $250. If any of that is true, then the pedals lose all of its bang for buck.

Thanks for the thoughts on these. I admit I was a bit excited at the asking price compared to its features. But after thinking about it, it seems a little too good to be true.

Not that I was going to get them. I'm good with my CSLE LCs. So I don't need a set of pedals any time soon.

Upvote 0
Point taken about the Simforge pedals. Another issue with them is possibly shipping. The comments on SRG's video had from shipping prices $120 on the low end to $250. If any of that is true, then the pedals lose all of its bang for buck.

Thanks for the thoughts on these. I admit I was a bit excited at the asking price compared to its features. But after thinking about it, it seems a little too good to be true.

Not that I was going to get them. I'm good with my CSLE LCs. So I don't need a set of pedals any time soon.
Set aside $50 a month if you can. In a year, you'll have enough to upgrade to HE Sprints.

Upvote 0
At $50 a week, it won't take a year to save up for HE Sprints. More like 4-1/2 months. I've been doing double that for a little while now. But I'm good with the pedals I got.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's not the real issue here. Of course more expensive pedals will be better, but not everyone can afford the more premium pedals. The issue is, can we get better than V3 for V3 price, and meet demand?

The real issue is, will this company handle the massive demand, keep their production levels high and be able to deal with the amount of RMA support/requests that inevitably start to happen?

PT2 pedals were legitimately a better pedal set than V3's, period. And they were a good alternative for people who wanted something HE Pro/Sprint level for a better price. But there's a reason they don't exist anymore lol. Chris(?) was stressed out, working overtime to make them, and the money he made barely broken even his labor hours. And he even limited their production.

Whenever these "way better than V3's, comparable to Sprints but much cheaper" pedals come up, there's always issues with them not being able to keep up supply to meet demand. When you're selling things that cheap, that means you have less employees working on them. It's just economics. Either that or you're a big company that has a fabrication factory and you're just paying to have them manufactured somewhere else (Fanatec, Logitech, TM). That's the only way to reduce cost but be able to keep up with demand, unless your demand is really low. And for pedals like this, I almost ordered them when I saw SRG's review, but I stopped when I realized, he has 80k subscribers, and thousands of people commented on FB/his video about how surprised they are with the quality. I wouldn't be surprised if they woke up the next day and were happy at first, but then reality sunk in that they now have hundreds (maybe over a thousand?) of orders for pedals they were prepared to sell, at most 50 units of in the first month.

The show gets a bad rep but Big Bang Theory had a good episode about this where the girl was selling hand-made accessories for like $3 and the guys tried to help her scale up by making a website, she got an order for 1000 of them and 6 people had to work all day and night for a few days straight to meet the order. Will these pedals be the next V3's, or the next PT2's (AKA Penny Blossoms)?

I loved my HE Sprints. Best pedal set I ever owned and they were clearly a whole other league over V3's, but they were expensive. So honestly, they needed to be that much better because if they were even 10-15% less good, they'd be a bad value. It'd be nice to see a more affordable competitor that's not as good, but at least much better than V3's. V3's are honestly not that good (and I say that as a huge Fanatec fan). I actually recommend CSL LC pedals over the V3's.

I just took a look at their website closer. They're based in India, they're using some off the shelf parts (good for some reasons, bad for others) for their build. I have doubts that they will be able to meet a sudden surge of demand. I wouldn't be surprised if they have massive delays and put out dozens of units a month and just have excuses for why production is so slow. Buy if you really want them, but don't expect them to arrive in the middle of May like they're saying. Their order times use static text and doesn't update based on pre-orders received, so it's very possible hundreds of orders have gone in and they haven't updated the estimated ship time to reflect the new production ETA. I'd love to be proven wrong and I will admit I jumped the gun if they go out, but you have been warned.
When ordering the Heusinkfelds I didn´t think about that, but it makes perfect sense.
In the german Simracing Forum there are reports from small " manufacturers" ( which should be called copyists) who sell simplified Heusinkfeld "clones".

They buyers have problems with the shipping process as the sellers don´t have a system which is tied into the parcel delivery systems.
They "simplifications" fail as they are not engineered by professionals and not tested to exacting standarts.

My Sprints cost double the money but are backed by a professional engineering company with excellent costumer service.
This company has been around for years now and does know what they are doing.
They have theyr own propietary software which allows a lot of adjustment and the use of profiles for different cars/tracks.
They just work!!

( what I didn´t know up front: the turnaround time between ordering and delivery was 28 hours from The Netherlands to Germany!!)

So :

expensive? Yes.

worth the money? At least for me. definetely yes!!

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline