Which pedals to buy?

Looking to spend around £300-350 on some pedals. Have been eyeing up the Clubsport V3's from Fanatec but heard mixed things about them as a company.

Aside from the regular companies you see every day, what "out of the way" so to speak companies make pedals as well?

I have a T300RS upgraded from a G27 (FFB feels a lot nicer so was worth it IMO)

I found this company: Digital Motorsports, but it seems a bit cheap.

Are they legit? (as much as I hate that phrase!)

Or any other companies you would recommend. I need all 3 pedals please.

I tried it on the throttle first, but I found it almost impossible to blip quick enough, unless I reduced the damping to almost nothing, and by that point it was pointless fitting it :(

I use a Wheelstand Pro, so maybe the stock elastomers with maximum preload is sufficient for me :unsure:

Upvote 0
I'm using only one of the softer elastomers from the BPK together with half of the original foam that's in the cylinder. Makes the brake pedal pressure feel just about right for me.
Damper only on the brake for me.
Couldn't use it on the throttle, as I'm used to stab the throttle in the corners like crazy, Senna-style:cool:,...without being actually fast of course:redface::roflmao:

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

My personal experience, going Fanatec route was an expensive mistake.

Upvote 0
Well I'm hoping these will last me a good few years.

I didn't quite get the gist of what you mean Andrew? Apart from Heusinkveld being better, it's more expensive etc I know it will be better.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Why expensive? It was buy cheap, buy twice situation. Not like V3 with two dampers were exactly cheap, but I have lost money reselling them after getting HE Pro. Just read the linked thread, there are quite a few converts like myself.

Upvote 0
Well I'm hoping these will last me a good few years.

I didn't quite get the gist of what you mean Andrew? Apart from Heusinkveld being better, it's more expensive etc I know it will be better.

He seems to think you don't understand that pedals that cost twice as much as the V3s are going to be better.

The V3s are extremely popular pedals and in my experience pretty durable, there isn't a lot going on with them to fail. If you look around you can find people having issues with every pedal set.

The people that think you will have to buy every fanatec product twice are delusional and inescapably caught in their bubble's orbit.

If you have twice the cost of the V3s in expendable income and can mount them on your current rig, then I think everyone would recommend the Heusinkvelds, if you don't and 350 quid is the higher end of your budget (as you explicitly stated in your OP), then the V3s are a great set of pedals. I had mine for 8 months and now own sprints, and while I would say that the HEs are better pedals, I wouldn't exactly call it game-changing. They're just a solid upgrade.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

He seems to think you don't understand that pedals that cost twice as much as the V3s are going to be better.

The V3s are extremely popular pedals and in my experience pretty durable, there isn't a lot going on with them to fail. If you look around you can find people having issues with every pedal set.

The people that think you will have to buy every fanatec product twice are delusional and inescapably caught in their bubble's orbit.

If you have twice the cost of the V3s in expendable income and can mount them on your current rig, then I think everyone would recommend the Heusinkvelds, if you don't and 350 quid is the higher end of your budget (as you explicitly stated in your OP), then the V3s are a great set of pedals. I had mine for 8 months and now own sprints, and while I would say that the HEs are better pedals, I wouldn't exactly call it game-changing. They're just a solid upgrade.
I don't "seem to think", I bought brand new V3 when they just got out, quite expensive, with two dampers, shipping, tax, etc.
Spend lots of time dealing with sandy feel in dampers, had both of them replaced (didn't solve the problem), had sticky brake pedal, had to use Vaseline on foam (didn't help much).
Then Fanatec announced "performance kit" to make them work "right". Seriously, now I need to pay for something again to fix product design flaw?
Instead of waiting for them to release the kit (they were testing it for like a year) and pay even more, I just dumped the whole Fanatec fiasco and got myself HE Pro, I think I paid probably a few hundreds more than what I spent on CSP.
Had not a single problem since, amazing pedals with consistent inputs, and lots of configurable options.

I would never ever recommend Fanatec pedals to anyone. They are just expensive, fancy looking fragile toys. If you ever get you hands on HE or HPP pedals you will see the difference right away.

Surprised to hear recommendations to get Fanatec from someone who actually replaced his with HE Sprints.

Anyway, it's your money, buy once cry once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

The HE sprints are twice this person's budget.
Looking to spend around £300-350 on some pedals.
£350 = €402
Sprint Pedals 3 pedals set is €577.69, seems like it could be just €175.69 or £152 short.
Just giving some perspective as OP asked for other options available. IMO, this is the best one, even at a little stretch of the budget.

Upvote 0
£350 = €402
Sprint Pedals 3 pedals set is €577.69, seems like it could be just €175.69 or £152 short.
Just giving some perspective as OP asked for other options available. IMO, this is the best one, even at a little stretch of the budget.
Screenshot 2021-02-25 191327.png

Screenshot 2021-02-25 191435.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

1) I can see them at €577, must be VAT difference
1614279629794.png

2) Your own quote
The HE sprints are twice this person's budget.
Budget, not V3, so not quite sure what did you find so funny with my post and what is the meaning of yours.

This exchange is getting silly to be honest. I think OP got all the information he needs. Bye.

Attachments

• 1614279729822.png
    1614279729822.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 0
I think it's important to think back a bit before pushing your current priorities on someone else.

When I initially got a full Fanatec Club Sport group, I was testing the water to see what I thought of having a sim rig and I kept those controls for close to two years. This was also within the budget that I considered "appropriate" at that point. It looked good to me and I had no reference point. I was happy with those controls for a while.

I knew there were more expensive things out there, but I assumed correctly that by the time I made those upgrades I would have taken a deep dive on what was available and have much stronger feelings about what I wanted.

Critical to me: I knew that I didn't want to buy higher end equipment where I was completely relying on the opinions of others and had no clue myself

Many of the controls on my rig right now were developed during the two years I used those Fanatec controls. So even though I don't have a single Fanatec control on my rig right now In don't consider that a waste.

In fact one reason I purchased a full Fanatec group was that I saw reasonable resale value for the controls if I decided to sell them later.

Also let's say that someone gets a taste for high end hydraulic brakes later. Would the HE Sprints have actually saved them money? HE Sprints also have strong resale, so it would likely be a wash. What if they decided that they wanted a lot more pressure and decided that the HE Ultimates were a better match?

I remember people trying to talk me into buying a direct drive steering system a while back. They were ugly and bulky back then and people were taking a lot of time to tell me that they were not that hard to set up. On top of that they kept telling me how bad my Fanatec gear was, but I never had an issue with my CS 2.5 wheelbase. I'm glad I waited. I think the solution I ended up with is much cleaner.

It's important not to get religious about equipment. They are just toys. And just because you own something doesn't make it the only valid choice.

BTW I was recently flirting with the idea of getting HE Ultimates for my rig, but I backed off because my NLRv3 would be overpowered by them if I used too much brake pressure. At some point I'll probably end up with a full chassis motion system, but not today. In the mean time I'm very happy with my NLRv3 even though I know there are much better motion systems out there. It is possible to be happy with your equipment while knowing that there are better things out there. Likewise I'm happy with my SC2 Pro, but I'm glad that my favorite steering wheel has a real USB plug. I don't like being tied to anything and I like the fact that all of my components are completely stand alone, because NOTHING is forever :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just to update, I have my pedals now. Bit of confusion with the shipping charges, apparently the driver wasn't told I had paid the costs, but that is resolved now.

The brake pedal is quite stiff, can this be loosened? I haven't even plugged them yet just taken them out of the draw string bag.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can loosen them off with the red preload adjuster on the brake.
This will add travel to your brake and it will feel lighter.

I would try it quite firm through as you will have more control once you get used to it

Are you using them on a rig set up?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%