Which pedals to buy?

Looking to spend around £300-350 on some pedals. Have been eyeing up the Clubsport V3's from Fanatec but heard mixed things about them as a company.

Aside from the regular companies you see every day, what "out of the way" so to speak companies make pedals as well?

I have a T300RS upgraded from a G27 (FFB feels a lot nicer so was worth it IMO)

I found this company: Digital Motorsports, but it seems a bit cheap.

Are they legit? (as much as I hate that phrase!)

Or any other companies you would recommend. I need all 3 pedals please.

I assume you are UK?

As they are based in Ireland (EU), their website is showing prices in Euros without VAT (20%).

If you order then you will be charged the conversion rate your bank card charges plus shipping eg. £25 and you will also get an email asking you to pay the UK VAT plus import fee.

I estimate they will cost you about £395 to your door based on £300 euro / pound conversion + £25 shipping + £60 UK vat + £10 import fee.

Upvote 0
Hi yeah I'm in the UK. Oh shoot yeah £400 nearly is a bit more than I want to spend...

What about Fanatec directly?

Edit: I see customs charges and VAT. It's £277 for the Clubsport V3 pedals, with both the custom charges and VAT, how much will it cost?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll bite the bullet and grab them. I can't see anything else around that cost that gives you what they do.

One last thing, I've read I need a Clubsport USB Adapter to connect them to the PC via USB, any specific one I need?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fanatec-...098814?hash=item48f9d4813e:g:vQsAAOSwAuVgD000

I found this. So should be just that and job done?

Edit: Pedals have been purchased now. I would have only kicked myself if I settled with T3PA/Pro or the T-LCM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fanatec Clubsport V3s here:

Out of the box, the optional damper kit for the brake, and the optional brake performance kit are missing.
Hence, the brake lacks the substantial resistance a hydraulic system gives you, and the pedal feels mushy.
Once the damper kit and the pads from the performance kit are installed, the brake "feels" real (to me)
Damper kit is ~EUR 90,-, and BPK is ~EUR 35,- (roughly) to add to the base price though

My set had some ever so tiny ridges on the hinges, so required a drop of oil every few weeks to keep from squeaking.
After dissasambling the pedals, and filing away the ridges, re-lubrication is necessary maybe once a year,
and more because of dust, that creeps into the hinges over time

Other then that, they do work well since 2016, the hall sensors and load cell are super reliable and immune to dust build up.
Sometimes, for whatever reason, the driver forgets my setting for the loadcell, but it's a minor issue.

Not sure if I would buy again in 2021, because there are quite a few more options now (e.g. Heusinkveld Sprint, Protosimtech)
at around the same-ish price point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did look at Heusinkveld, but what I can see they're around 577 Euros.

I don't think I got the brake performance kit with the V3's, were they in the accessories options?

And you must add the VAT on top of that, so yes, quite some EURs more, as TheNatural pointed out...

Yes, there is an "add accessories" option to get the brake performance kit and/or the damper.

P.S. I edited that post like 15 times...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think I got the brake performance kit with the V3's, were they in the accessories options?

To be honest you might want to email Fanatec and ask them to add the Brake performance kit on. Its about £25 but adding it after will cost more as Fanatecs only postage option to UK is 20euro.

If you email them and ask to add to the order they will. For an extra £25 its worth it.

Upvote 0
Agreed, you will save quite a bit on P&P if you order it all together. I bought the Brake Performance Kit and damper afterwards and the P&P for 2 small boxes was rather steep.

(p.s. I wouldn't have bothered buying either, having tried them both out - both still sit in their boxes next to my desk)

Upvote 0
(p.s. I wouldn't have bothered buying either, having tried them both out - both still sit in their boxes next to my desk)

Strange, I have never heard of anyone preferring the V3s without with BPK, for me they were nearly unusable without them, consistent trail-braking was a nightmare.

I've never head anything to the contrary.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing