Which pedals for my setup ?

Hi everyone,
I'll get a driving sim setup the next month and have praticly all decided, but still hesitating on the pedals.
I'll go for a T500RS wheel, a TH8 RS shifter (+ a logitech shifter, to try both), and probably a Geggur USB handbrake.

Now i'm hesitating on the pedals to finish this setup and i know it's probably the most important to obtain good sensations.
My goal is to obtain the best realism in term of driving / sensations but i don"'t have unlimited budget (it's why i go for Thrustmaster wheel and no Fanatec)

Here are my ideas for the pedals :
I'm hesitating between
-The classic T3PA Pro provided with the T500RS, (No load cell at all, i fear unrealistic / cheap sensations)
-Going for a Clubsport v3 from Fanatec, that seems to be the best quality with all loadcell, but also more expensive
-Waiting for the T LCM from Thrustmaster, upcoming the 26th March (1 pedal Load cell)

I'm posting here to know your idea about it : Is it really worth in term of sensations to go for a Fanatec full loadcell, even if it's more expensive ? What are the concretes differences between the others, what is the interest of getting all pedals in Load cell ?

It's my first driving setup, so i'm ready to invest in it but wants to be sure it will be worth it. All infos, descriptions, experiences about load cell or not etc will be appreciated a lot and will help me in my choice !
Don't hesitate to precisly tell me what would be the best, as an unexperimented in sims hardware, it's what i'm waiting for.

Also, I recently saw the T500RS Wheel was possible to put on the T300RS base. Is it worth to do this / will it be better than using the t500rs base ? I head the t300rs was better in term of performance but really don't like the 28cm diameter, too little for me. If someone know more about it, it would help too.

Thanks by advance !!

The T500rs set is I think pretty good - more powerful ffb than a T300, although the wheelbase is older and (I've read) the feedback isn't so detailed - I don't actually think it is but I had little to compare to...

I had one and loved it, and my mates T300 was a much lesser experience I felt. So, if it's a good price, then go T500rs. The wheelrims are interchangeable between both - the same quick release system is on both wheel bases.

As for pedals. It's either - the T3PA Pro's are good build quality, all metal (you could fit a load cell kit later) or the new TM load cell pedals (probably twice the price)

Like most things it's budget dependant. Again the T3PA Pros were my first pedals and I loved em although fought with the brake, and a loadcell would have been fine. I do like the look of the new TM pedals but (plastic base urgh!) ...

What rig will you attach them to ? I ask because the pressure involved in load cell pedals might not be suitable for some rigs...

Upvote 0
There isn't much between the T500 and T300, go with whatever fits your budget best. I'm now using a T300 and works great. Note that a better wheel wont always make you faster, but it will improve the immersion. I don't have the cash for a DD wheel and base, so a T300 does the job perfectly.

If there is one area to spend more money on first, it is definitely pedals and definitely go for load Cells if you can afford them!!! They will make you more consistent and as a consequence faster. But as per Colin's comments, you probably need a rig to attach them to. That being said when i first got my Fanatec V3 inverted i did run them wedged against the wall. It worked fine, but i had to turn down the sensitivity. As soon as i put them on a rig (NL GT Track) i was instantly faster and more consistent. I'd definitely recommend the Fanatec v3's over the T3PA pro's! It is well worth it, and you will regret getting the non load cell pedals once you switch to a load cell, i know i did. I can't comment on the new Thrustmaster load cell pedals but i'd either go these of the Fanatec v3's if they are in your budget.

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot! It helps me to know i'll definitly go for a T500RS. My goal with this sim setup is not really to go faster (i'm not interested in sim racing for the moment), but more getting a realistic setup with good immersion/sensation of driving, it's why i prefer the bigger wheel.

About the pedals the idea of T3PA Pro with load cell mod was good, but i don't really like to have to install it etc... And i think i prefer invest directly in the Fanatec V3! Compared to other Fanatec stuff he is not too expensive and seems to be really worth it in quality. Since i'll cannot do a big investman like this soon, i prefer directly go for the best.

My last problem is that the T500RS wheel don't seems to be sold without his pedals, so i'll probably need to go for some second hand buy, i'm a bit worried about this but hope to find a good deal.

About the rig, i admit i have no idea about that. I firstly planed to just put pedals below my desk, attach wheel on it and put the shifter and brake at my right on a little nighstand or something.
If you have ideas of a good rig that would fit with my setup and not be too expensive would be great too !
I precise i'm French and so need a rig where i can put the shifter and handbrake at my right (lower than the steering wheel also if possible, for maximum realistic installation)
Thanks

Upvote 0
If you look for a bigger wheel on the Thrustmaster wheelbase I can recommend the TM Sparco 383mod. The 33 cm of diameter feels A LOT more realistic than the original wheel of the T500RS. I even kept the wheel and converted it for direct drive use on my SimuCube2 because it is also well build for the money.

Did you look at the Playseat Challenge? I would not call it a rig, but an extended wheel stand. I used it once at a friends house and was impressed how good it felt despite the budget underpinnings. Not sure you can install a shifter and handbrake though.
You could think about building an own rig with 80/20 aluminium profile or plywood. There a lots of ideas out there for budget rig solutions.

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for your answer. I didn't knew about this TM Sparco, looks great ! Is it just possible to put it on a T500RS base without getting the T500 wheel ? I'm seeing with people for buying only the T500 base with a sparco wheel, if you can confirm me it can work like this without problem in games, would be awesome!

Yes i will look at this playseat and see for build myself a setup when i'll receive everything, to get something well adaptated to my desk / room

Upvote 0
Did you considered the Fanatec CSL Elite? Since you're in the fence between the V3 and the T3PA, this might be the middle option. You have the loadcell and they're cheaper than the V3.
Regarding the Playsteat challenge, although there's not direct way of attaching gearbox/handbrake, there's many 3D projects out there with supports for that (I still have one for the TM gearbox and another for the Logitech one from my old setup).

Upvote 0
As an alternative...

If you want to save money, T3PA Pro + spring mods + brake conical/load cel.
I used the BBJ spring mods on accelerator & clutch pedals, plus I have a couple more additional springs inside the clutch spring itself.
He said he's working on the spring mods for the new 'TLCM' pedals too.

Ebay shop link for what I'm talking about:

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for your answer. I didn't knew about this TM Sparco, looks great ! Is it just possible to put it on a T500RS base without getting the T500 wheel ? I'm seeing with people for buying only the T500 base with a sparco wheel, if you can confirm me it can work like this without problem in games, would be awesome!

Yes i will look at this playseat and see for build myself a setup when i'll receive everything, to get something well adaptated to my desk / room
The 383mod is an addon you buy seperately from the base. Normally the base comes with the original wheel.
There might be second hand ebay sellers which sell their base with an already mounted 383 mod. But from new, you'll have to buy them separately. The T300 should be available as wheelbase only IIRC. So, without wheel and pedals. At least TM lists it.
If I would be in the market for a Thrustmaster setup at the moment, I'd look at the TS-XW Racer Sparco P310 Competition Mod kit. Same quality wheel as the 383mod, but better wheelbase I would think. The wheel itself is also available separately as is the 383mod.

Upvote 0
Rig wise, I ended up going with a next level racing GT track. It has everything you need including shifter and handbrake mounts, and can be put on either side. Left or right
It is fairly sturdy as well. Coming from no rig it works perfect for me. Fits perfectly under my desk as well where my screens are mounted.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone. I just buyed a Sparco R383 ( I prefered the form of this one than the TS-XW, wanted a circle wheel just like in normal cars). A 33 Diameter wheel will be awesome for realism, maybe i'll even add some steering wheel leather cover to it to make it looks / feel better in hands.

I now need a servo base T500RS without the wheel preferably, to save some money.

About the pedals, all the alternatives are good ideas, i'm still thinking about it but i really think i will go for the clubsport v3, even if it break a bit my budget with this unexecpted wheel.
I'm not going to invest like this before a long time so i want to get the best pedals quality directly, more than getting something pretty good and risk to want to upgrade them in few months and so spend more money.

The next level racing rig looks awesome but also inattainable for me in term of budget, and i'll anyways avoid to buy a rig now. I think i'll firstly get all my setup and do my best to install myself a home made rig!

I would have a very last question to be sure on my choice on pedals :
I think a lot people are interested in SimRacing that is not my case, i would say i'm more interested in SimDriving. Means that i don't buy this setup to do races / obtain good speed performances but more really simulate driving in classic cars.
So is it the Clubsport V3 created only to simulate the pedals of a sport car, or is it also built to simulate regular driving pedals answers, like in our normal cars ?
I never drived sport car and want to be sure with this pedals, i'll be able to simulate "normal driving" and not only "sport driving" in term of functions etc ( i know pedals are really differents depending of type of cars, racing or not).

If someone know enough this pedals to can tell me if it can offer a beter regular driving simulation and not only better sport race sim than other pedals, i would be definitly sure it's the best pedals for me !
Thanks again

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone. I just buyed a Sparco R383 ( I prefered the form of this one than the TS-XW, wanted a circle wheel just like in normal cars). A 33 Diameter wheel will be awesome for realism, maybe i'll even add some steering wheel leather cover to it to make it looks / feel better in hands.

I now need a servo base T500RS without the wheel preferably, to save some money.

About the pedals, all the alternatives are good ideas, i'm still thinking about it but i really think i will go for the clubsport v3, even if it break a bit my budget with this unexecpted wheel.
I'm not going to invest like this before a long time so i want to get the best pedals quality directly, more than getting something pretty good and risk to want to upgrade them in few months and so spend more money.

The next level racing rig looks awesome but also inattainable for me in term of budget, and i'll anyways avoid to buy a rig now. I think i'll firstly get all my setup and do my best to install myself a home made rig!

I would have a very last question to be sure on my choice on pedals :
I think a lot people are interested in SimRacing that is not my case, i would say i'm more interested in SimDriving. Means that i don't buy this setup to do races / obtain good speed performances but more really simulate driving in classic cars.
So is it the Clubsport V3 created only to simulate the pedals of a sport car, or is it also built to simulate regular driving pedals answers, like in our normal cars ?
I never drived sport car and want to be sure with this pedals, i'll be able to simulate "normal driving" and not only "sport driving" in term of functions etc ( i know pedals are really differents depending of type of cars, racing or not).

If someone know enough this pedals to can tell me if it can offer a beter regular driving simulation and not only better sport race sim than other pedals, i would be definitly sure it's the best pedals for me !
Thanks again

I use mine with the damper kit, since it's what emulates a street car the best IMHO.
For racing cars the brake performance kit is more suited.
Never tried the pedals without one of the kits honestly for a long period, so I cannot give my feedback on that.

Upvote 0
Thanks Pedro, it's good to know, even it's a bit annoying to re spend 90usd after already a big investment of praticly 400 for pedals... I will rethink about it and other options.
If someone know the option that would the best simulate normal/street car pedals realistically without spending 500usd it could help a lot !

Also, i didn't thought about it but now I have the second hand choice between different servo bases to go with my Sparco R383 :
T300RS
T500RS
Which base do you think can be the best ? Still in the idea of have great driving sensaitons, and simulate regular / realistic driving, not particulary racing.
I know the T300RS base is more precise, and the T500 stronger, but which one is the more realistic in your point of view ? It's really what i'm searching for.

It's a lot of questions but i really want to get the best setup to fit realistic regular driving and have no experience with different ones, so thanks a lot to people who will still take time to describe their point of view / experience on it!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years