Which new Gfx card for a triple monitor setup ?

Simple question which new card would you get for a triple 144hz sim set-up

I have paid for a 3080 with Overclockers and I’m currently sat at 300 in the queue - and losing hope I’ll see it this side of xmas

now that the new cards are out and people have first hand experience

what’s the thoughts on a new gfx card for a triple sim rig ?

cheers

Phil

Simple question which new card would you get for a triple 144hz sim set-up
Simple, but we need to know what resolution and which sims you intend to run and whether you're comfortable turning down some graphic settings to achieve higher framerates. 3080 is perfectly happy pushing triple 1080p in all the sims, but you'll make some sacrifices with triple 1440p. How important are rainy nights in your simracing? How large are the grids you run? Do you notice the difference between epic, high, & medium? Are you planning on triple 21:9 or are you sticking to 16:9?

Last edited:
I’m currently running a 980ti - running @ 1080p with most of the setting turned down to achieve 60+ FPS

I would like to run as much eye candy as possible, with decent grid size

so 3080, or is 3090a lot more ££ for very little additional or does the extra men on a 6800 xt or 6900 xt help

The way it’s going with Overclockers pre-order queue, I’m thinking of hunting for an opportunity to pick up a card elsewhere

Sim of choice is ACC

Phil

Last edited:
Think that the 3080ti will be the sweet spot if you want to run ultra settings and/or triple widescreen. Hoping the 6900 is competitive, but think that NVIDA still has the edge for this round with respect to drivers/compatiblity/features (particularly once their smart access memory solution is implemented).

Last edited:
For triple 1080p, the 3080 is a solid choice, even in ACC. The extra VRAM beyond 8 GB will not come into play for any current sim except rF2; rF2 will max out around 13 GB with triple 4k and 42 AI (each AI added is about 600 MB).

The 6800 & 6800XT are solid single screen performers, but they lose performance when going to triple screens compared to the 3080. 6900 is still an unknown.

Last edited:
Yeah 6800xt seems to be best at 1080p, 1440p single screen and VR (don't include high resolution headsets like the G2 in that though) for simracing. Its probably an acceptable option for ultrawides as well but i've not seen tests yet. But for triples its not as good as a 3080. Memory capacity isn't the issue I think its more the memory bandwidth which is the bottleneck, 3080 and 3090 have huge memory bandwidths. 6800xt uses 256 bit memory bandwidth but compensates with a very fast cache system on the die.

Because of this generally 6800xt looks like its rasion d'etre is being a killer 1080p and 1440p esports card for FPS shooters when you want 200+ fps.

I think a 6900xt will be more of the same, its got the same memory bandwidth as a 6800xt but more CU processors. It'll be an improvement for sure but still not enough for triples, like it'll be a 6800xt and just excel even more in the 1080p and 1440p single screen performances.

Another issue is supply of 6800xt is looking pretty grim right now, worse than the 3080 at launch, there is talk of stock mid december but no promises. None of the suppliers have said when there will be any stock at all. I'd keep the 3080 preorder tbh. If you want to gurantee a GPU before Xmas a 3090 looks to be the only real option right now, but you are paying a premium for not very much of an improvement.

Good video showing 3090 with triple 27" LG 4k 144hz monitors. Dirt 5 around 16min.
TLDR: For Dirt 5, around 34fps with ultra settings, 55fps downscaled to triple 2k. Wolfenstein was able to run 100fps at triple 4k ultra.

Nice :) I got my 3090 FE a week ago, went from struggling to run ACC on tripple 1440p monitors on my 2080ti even at lower settings, to now running it mostly maxed out at around 70-90 fps depending on situation. It looks stunning now.

Enjoy !

Last edited:
I cannot wait - don’t really know what to expect

I have been running a 980ti @ 1080p on triple monitors with reduced graphics to get a steady 70fps

This delivery / purchase will also allow me to complete the build on my godsons first pc, he asked me in sept if I would help him build a PC he doesn’t know I have build it and it’s going to be his Xmas present from us

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back