Which mid range wheel and pedals?

Every time I see or hear Logitech G2x, I cringe about my 3 years with my G27.
This clunky, rattling thing with weak ffb and huge dead zone just kills any immersion when I even think about it..
The G wheels are good quality, last a long time and have a good price. Pedals are very good, the shifter is nice (sadly the g29 doesn't have the buttons anymore.. G27 didn't have the sequential option anymore. You see the greedy pattern...).

If you don't care about some "edges" in the FFB around the center, get a Logitech package. Preferably used g27 with the shifter with buttons.

If you want a smooth center with immersive straight line ffb, get something better.

Every time I see or hear Logitech G2x, I cringe about my 3 years with my G27.
This clunky, rattling thing with weak ffb and huge dead zone just kills any immersion when I even think about it..
The G wheels are good quality, last a long time and have a good price. Pedals are very good, the shifter is nice (sadly the g29 doesn't have the buttons anymore.. G27 didn't have the sequential option anymore. You see the greedy pattern...).

If you don't care about some "edges" in the FFB around the center, get a Logitech package. Preferably used g27 with the shifter with buttons.

If you want a smooth center with immersive straight line ffb, get something better.

Second this. I would rather quit the hobby than go back to Gxx, and I'm having only a t300 now. Imo the Logitech series is only for casual fun with friends preferably in arcade games like Forza, but you get nothing out of it in real sims.

No heating problems for me, completely stock t300. I think it's only a problem if you overboost the ffb so it's clipping all the time, but that's a problem in the user end, not the wheel itself. Kind of like giving too much volume to speakers.

Last edited:
I've got a chance to buy a 1+ year old CSL Elite wheel and pedals for AU$750, it's $150 above what I can get a brand new T300 RS GT for and, it's for sale on FB Marketplace - so cash deal and no buyer protection. My thoughts are that as long as I can get to see it working before parting with the readies it should be OK.

So, is the extra $150 for used DD worth it over a brand new T300 belt drive?

So, is the extra $150 for used DD worth it over a brand new T300 belt drive
Csl ELITE is not the DD wheel! It's the old "entry" belt drive wheel from fanatec!
The new DD is the csl DD, no elite in the name!

The csl elite is a good wheel. It can develop issues with the optical encoder, which is a cheap spare part and not too complicated to change. Shipping times are annoying to Australia though I guess.

And it might lose strength when you're using full ffb strength for longer periods due to heat. Similar to the t300.

What pedals would you get with it? Many people love the csl elite pedals with the loadcell, I personally hate them.
The loadcell design is sensitive to where you push against the pedal face/plate. I'm sitting in a swiveling standard office chair with locked wheels. So my legs come from "quite above".
Varying foot position meant inconsistent braking! Wayyyyyyyyyy better now with the v3 clubsport pedals.

If you have a different seating position and always the same foot position, they are great though.

Csl ELITE is not the DD wheel! It's the old "entry" belt drive wheel from fanatec!
The new DD is the csl DD, no elite in the name!

The csl elite is a good wheel. It can develop issues with the optical encoder, which is a cheap spare part and not too complicated to change. Shipping times are annoying to Australia though I guess.

And it might lose strength when you're using full ffb strength for longer periods due to heat. Similar to the t300.

What pedals would you get with it? Many people love the csl elite pedals with the loadcell, I personally hate them.
The loadcell design is sensitive to where you push against the pedal face/plate. I'm sitting in a swiveling standard office chair with locked wheels. So my legs come from "quite above".
Varying foot position meant inconsistent braking! Wayyyyyyyyyy better now with the v3 clubsport pedals.

If you have a different seating position and always the same foot position, they are great though.
Oh crap, thanks for telling me that, do you know when they stopped selling them?

Oh crap, thanks for telling me that, do you know when they stopped selling them?
This one is selling with the 2 pedal elite pedals.
Even being belt drive - it's still a better wheel than the Thrustmaster T300 - isn't it? So - my original question - is a used CSL Elite wheel and pedals at AU$750 worth the extra cost over a new T300 RS GT for AU$600?

This one is selling with the 2 pedal elite pedals.
Even being belt drive - it's still a better wheel than the Thrustmaster T300 - isn't it? So - my original question - is a used CSL Elite wheel and pedals at AU$750 worth the extra cost over a new T300 RS GT for AU$600?
Which steering wheel comes with it?

I would say it's only worth it for a new csl elite..
It's stronger and smoother than a t300 but the csl elite wheelbase and the csl elite pedals aren't known to last forever from what I've heard...

Which steering wheel comes with it?

I would say it's only worth it for a new csl elite..
It's stronger and smoother than a t300 but the csl elite wheelbase and the csl elite pedals aren't known to last forever from what I've heard...
The Elite P1 for Xbox wheel.
So I'm probably better off saving the extra AU$150 and getting a new T300 RS GT?

The Elite P1 for Xbox wheel.
So I'm probably better off saving the extra AU$150 and getting a new T300 RS GT?

I would save the 150$ for the next upgrade to DD wheel. No matter if you bought the fanatec or thrustmaster, you will be lacking todays high standards (DD).

If you buy the t300, you will get a new working wheel that works for sure, and most likely will please you with the specs until you start wanting a DD wheel.

With Fanatec being second hand wheel, it's a lottery if it works or not and how long it works. Fanatec isn't really known for quality, even some might think so because it's highly marketed. Also I don't think Fanatec would please you any longer than a T300.

DD wheel is in a class of it's own and sooner or later you want it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Fanatec isn't really known for quality, even some might think so because it's highly marketed.
Yeah it varies quite a lot... I don't really get what they're doing to be honest..

My csw 2.5, v3 pedals and the Porsche 918 rim I've owned all work flawlessly from day one since 2.5 years, zero issues at all.

But:
- csl elite pedals: throttle 2x spikey pot, clutch pot 1x, load cell design a fail.. It lasts, but varying brake input depending where I place my foot is just stupid.

- McLaren V1 wheel: had to get it replaced by an overhauled one without the failing shifters

- McLaren v2 wheel: had some play in the QR with the csl DD I tested for 2 days and now I feel a bit of that play with my csw too. Now, that I know how it feels...

Then there's this weird DD1/2 mini display bug that causes ffb spikes and somehow can't be fixed...

So sometimes they really build great quality products and then they do really stupid stuff with other products.
In general, the clubsport range seems to be very good though. Wheels, base, pedals.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1066209

Thanks guys, I think I will go with the T300, was a bit nervous about the used one in that it's not so much a matter of how old it is as one never knows how many miles it's done.
Just a word of warning: I remember when I bought my used T300 - which the owner claimed to have used less than 10 times - and once I started using it, a burning-like smell started coming from the wheelbase. It really put me off and had me cursing under my breath a lot.

Plenty of owners have reported similar things:

Thankfully the smell started dissipating after about a week, and was fully gone in a month. I'm unsure whether it's due to the plastics or the grease, but my guess is the plastics. It smells similar to the other plastic-enclosed electronics that have left directly from the factory. In any case, I highly recommend you keep your racing room well-ventilated while using the T300 initially.

Hi,
First post, sorry it's a big one :)

Need a bit of help deciding which wheel & pedals to upgrade to from my current Momo. It's for use on a PC with a F-GT Lite seat, playing Assetto Corsa, F1, Project cars, RF 2 and the good old Richard Burns Rally. Currently it's down to:
* Logitech G29/920
* Thrustmaster TMX/T150 (probably Pro for the TP3A pedals)
* Thrustmaster TX/T300 GT (again probably Pro for the TP3A pedals)

What I've worked out so far:
* Logitech is old (getting on for 10 years) gear driven technology, so not the best FFB but rock solid build with leather bound wheel, can be hard mounted and a decent set of pedals.
Cost $390 from Costco

* TMX/T150 - better FFB than Logitech - Hybrid belt/gears, add on gear shifter or handbrake is better then the Logitech. BUT can't be easily hard mounted without buying a plate from Richmotec in the US at $77 inclusive of postage, wheel is rubber coated, pedals OK, possibly on a par with Logitech?
Cost: $404 from Catch of the Day with my current $15 off voucher

* TX/T300 - best FFB - fully belt driven, interchangeable wheel (I'm not likely to do that), can be hard mounted, pedals same as TMX Pro.
Cost: $599 from centrecom,com

So, price aside, the best is obviously the TX/T300 but is it worth the extra $200 odd over the other 2?

And, regarding them, does the better FFB of the TMX/T150 outweigh the build and mounting issues?

On the TMX/T150 mounting, I could probably jimmy up a plate from MDF or perspex based on the Richmotec one.

I realise any of these is a big step up from the Momo and I'm sort of leaning towards the TMX/T150 but happy to receive any advice anyone out there can give me.
Get a used t150 they are everywhere. Store the pedals away, they are terrible and get a set of tlcm (load cell brake pedals). I have this setup and the pedals are what really make you faster and much more consistent. This should cost about 450 to 500 dollars canadian. These are the best pedals you can get for the money and make way more difference than any wheel. The load cell will gain you much sought after reduction in lap times. I sure love mine. Was going to update my wheel as well but decided on the pedals first. Glad I did. Can pu a wheel anytime pedals make all the difference. Good luck with your shopping.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back