Which is your favorite WTCC/STCC/BTCC car?

Do you have a preference? Mine used to be the Seat Leon then i started to just use whatever i felt like at the time. I just recently started driving the Opel Vectra and it has now become my new favorite Touring Car.

I really hope its the E46 one :D

Yup!
2012051900009.jpg

:thumbsup:

weel Vectra and Honda are in the top,in that order,and then Seat....but recently, on my coming back, i am trying to switch on the rwd cars,BMW,until now i can allmost match my FWD times...but still allot of practice i must do.but i don't feel confortable with the bmw,even do is terible fun, but in a race there is always a chance for a little punt,and i am a unluky person...:(

I can't drive the BMW at all - whatever technique you need under braking to stop it from going nuts on Monza, i just cant work out. Is the one in STCC2 any easier in this area?

I like the Lacetti because it's quite slippery and nimble in race.

Under braking you say James? Does the car spin out while you brake, how far do you push the brake pedal? I seem to find that the default brake bias sits too much on the rear wheels.
I think I usually have a brake bias around 58:42 and decrease the braking pressue to 90-95% that helps to keep the car in a straighter line at least

Under braking you say James? Does the car spin out while you brake, how far do you push the brake pedal? I seem to find that the default brake bias sits too much on the rear wheels.
I think I usually have a brake bias around 58:42 and decrease the braking pressue to 90-95% that helps to keep the car in a straighter line at least

It's to do with downshifting and engine braking. It spins the car every time. I look at other peoples hotlaps and they down shift normally just like i do in the other cars. I have no idea what they are doing.

It's to do with downshifting and engine braking. It spins the car every time. I look at other peoples hotlaps and they down shift normally just like i do in the other cars. I have no idea what they are doing.

You probably just need to practice more with the clutch. Auto-clutch can do it for you but I find it unpredictable and a bit off-putting.

I left foot brake and could never do it with right foot, not now. Guess that BMW will forever be out of my reach if it requires manual clutch :(

Ah, most people naturally right foot brake so unless you put some serious practice in it'll likely be difficult. I'm about 4 seconds a lap slower in the BMW than a FWD, but I can drive it without spinning. If I try to left-foot brake I just crash.

my favorite touring car is the BMW E30 but i always drive the BMW E90 the 5 speed one as i don,t like the 6 speed one. i have read thought out the thread and some have braking problem with the BMW so here's some tips for you guy's (its not mine they come from an alien with the car) brake bias 63 front 37 rear (tend to be less for the 6 speed BMW) with a brake pressure never higher the 85% (may change for the 6 speed). as for the downshifting and loosing the rear while doing it it tend to do it when the gearing is wrong and when the gearing is right it still do it, first trick try to downshit in the gear you want to take the corner in as late as possible and use more brakes or try to blip the throttle just before downshifting it should prevent the rear wheel to lock.

Always used to drive the Leon as it was nice and balanced and easy to drive (on my crap old laptop with Xbox wheel, precision was difficult so having a smooth easy-to-drive car helped massively!)

Been driving the Cruze in the RDTCC, enjoyable to drive - if a little loose. Only recently started driving the Accord in public rooms and I've found myself matching my PB's in the Cruze with little effort and standard set ups, so thinking maybe that's the car I should be using in the future! Also like the Vectra from the Crowne Plaza add-on, would like to see that used more in club races like it was a few months back.

Wow this is a HUGE BMW group I see here. I too like the BMW's, mind you this is just from racing Forza 4 I haven't raced a BMW in this game yet. But as far as my favorite I'll let you guys take a wild stab in the dark guess.....

Volvo-Brands.jpg

And here's my newly adopted STCC 2 version of it.

7479472898_f4ffffce85.jpg

BTW I like the car so much I replicated it in Forza 4, well as close as I could get. I have a photo of it you guys my be "interested" in at the end of a particular race. ;)

6940603726_69531810fb_z.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years