Which is better? T-LCM and Simgear loadcell kit

Hi everyone,

I have been using the Thrustmaster t3pa pedal and am looking into these two loadcell options:

1. Thrustmaster T-LCM Pedals
  2. https://simgearau.com/t3pa-pedals
Which do you think is the better bet? Also the Simgear has 50kg and 20kg version of this loadcell plug and play kit. Is 50 kg too heavy for a t3pa pedal on a floor?

I would honestly say that if you enjoy the T3PA pedal set, then I would get the load cell mod.

The T-LCM are a great set of pedals but to be honest with the exception of the load cell on the brake pedal, there isn't much point in upgrading to it if you already have the T3PA's.

The main difference between the T3PA and T-LCM pedals are the latter has a load cell on the brake pedal and each pedal is made from cast metal and overall the T-LCM are more solid than the T3PA but I have used the T3PA and they aren't flimsy.

In regards to the load cell weight, I used to run the Fanatec CSL Elite pedals with their 90KG load cell and had no issues with the pedals moving around. In fact the only thing that did move was me in my seat but I had lockable caster wheels so I would say make sure you have lockable caster wheels on your seat with either option you have presented.

Hopefully the above helps :)

Upvote 0
Before pulling the trigger have a look at this thread; especially post 87:

Since the T-LCM hit the market i can see no reason to go for a loadcell upgrade anymore.
The T-LCM just offer so much more adjustability and tuning potential.

And another reason for later:
the potiometers of the T3PA will eventually give you trouble, and can not be found easyly.
The hall effect sensors should be troublefree for a long time.
I think you can find plenty of info to this topic on the web.

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had an SRS loadcell mod on the T3PAs and I got T-LCMs and they are substantially better. The loadcell mod worked but it wasn't adjustable. It was just a wall of force with no movement and a 100% point I couldn't adjust. The main issue I had was coming off to trail and minor inputs. I had difficulty because the pedal didn't move at all and light force was hard to do accurately. With the T-LCMs I could happily get a more roadcar feel with some movement and force combined and I find that a lot more usable. I wouldn't do the mod now we have a cheap loadcell peddle set from Thrustmaster.

Upvote 0
The T-LCM are a great set of pedals but to be honest with the exception of the load cell on the brake pedal, there isn't much point in upgrading to it if you already have the T3PA's.

There are a number of good reasons to upgrade to the T-LCM pedals. I had the T3PAs with a load cell mod and the difference really is night and day. There are so many adjustments available with the T-LCMs that allow you to customise them exactly how you want them. In comparison, the loadcell mod has very few customisation options. With the T-LCMs, you also get the bonus that all of the pedals have hall-effect sensors rather than potentiometers so no chance any loss of performance as they get older.

Definitely get the T-LCMs - you won’t regret it. I only ever saw the loadcell mod as a stopgap on the way to buying proper loadcell pedals.

Upvote 1
Getting The T-LCM's on friday and being useless with me hands I skipped getting a loadcell mod for my T3PA's , Just wondering after using potentiometer pedals for so long and never driven a real car , will I adjust quickly?

Upvote 0
Getting The T-LCM's on friday and being useless with me hands I skipped getting a loadcell mod for my T3PA's , Just wondering after using potentiometer pedals for so long and never driven a real car , will I adjust quickly?
When I changed from the pots to my T3PA LC mod back in the days, it took me not longer but a handful of laps to adjust to the new brake feel.

BTW the other way round did not work out. I had to use my fallback set of potentiometer pedals one day, and I totally failed. :-D

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years