Which handbrake and gear stick to go for?

I already have the Fanatec handbrake and SST(?) H pattern gearstick but wanting to upgrade them to more substantial units. I probably use the gearstick more than the handbrake but will listen to suggestions on both.
don’t want to break the bank but also accept I need to spend money too.

Anyone tried those all metal construction handbrakes you see on eBay and Amazon for around £70? Or are they a case of ‘buy cheap pay twice’?

Last edited:
I can vouch for the Aiologs stuff. Excellently engineered and bulletproof with amazing aftersales service from Dmitry.

Edit that: just noticed you are after a h pattern

Upvote 0
How is the aiologs handbrake compared to A hudraulik handbrake? Have A hudraulik now but it dont fit on my rig when i get my jinx seqensial shifter and what to fit my fanatec shifter aswell.

So i need A New one or build my hudraulik to reverse (pump on the front insted of rear)

Upvote 0
The Heusinkveld hand brake works great. It uses a load cell, is solid and feels good in the hand. It won't break the bank either. I can't imagine wanting more out of a hand brake.

H pattern shifters are another story. I love my Pro Sim h pattern shifter, but it's very pricey

There is supposed to be another one in the $600 range that works well.

Upvote 0
Whats your budget, I have the Heusinkveld hand brake, which is very good and the Fanatec H shifter, it was a V1 and naturally broke, so sent it back and was upgraded to a V1.5, hasn't skipped a beat since. I find it very good, although rarely use it now, reminds me very much of the box on our MX-5.

Upvote 0
As someone who recently went from a Fanatec handbrake to the Heusinkveld one I cannot recommend it enough. Feel and quality is a big step up, as is adjustability. Cannot imagine you wanting more from a handbrake as has been said above.

Upvote 0
The Fanatec handbrake feels flimsy and I found the potentiometer to be a problem with transducers. I had to resolder the wires and it would drift and require recalibration frequently.

The Fanatec H pattern shifter feels robust and I never had a failure from it. My main issue was that the centering spring isn't strong enough for my taste and has no adjustment. So I would do a 2nd to 5th accidentally just enough to piss me off. You can adjust the effort needed to go into gear and get a comfortable feel, just not the amount of effort it uses to constantly pull towards center.

That's not to say that someone couldn't shift the CS 1.5 accurately. I'm not faulting it in any way in terms of working as an H pattern shifter. I've only heard complaints from people using it as a sequential shifter. I didn't like how it felt in sequential mode, but there have also been failures reported by people who use it in sequential mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have the fanatec h shifter aswell (1,5) big step up from thrustmaster and easy/fast to change to seqensial. H pattern work Great and it have never missed A shift for me and work Great, werry good feel for the price. Seqensial work ok but its not like A stand alone shifter and in the motion rig i sometimes dobbel shift with it. That is why i ordered A jinx shifter for seqensial now and ofc to get A bether feel in the shifter.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

HE Handbrake is hard to beat esp. in configuration flexibility, built like a tank too.
I used to have Thrustmaster shifter, then switched to Fanatec SQ 1.5, it's an improvement over Thrustmaster, not stellar, but not sure you'll find anything better at a reasonable price, hopefully one day HE releases their hybrid version.

Upvote 0
This is the one I have now, but find the H pattern a little bit too close together and I have missed a gear once or twice, so wanting one with a more defined H, possibly a gate overlay so I know which gear I am in at a glance (in fact if I could print an overlay put I would stick with this one).

d4cd8522-5db0-4ce9-b33b-c5749959b538-jpeg.1133885

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%