Which games do you create for?

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Sometimes features (or future features) may only really work in some games and not in others. It would be useful and interesting to know which of the games you currently create tracks for using BTB.

Feel free to also reply with which game you would most like to see supported in the future.

Assetto Corsa is something I would be interested in making tracks for in the future. At the moment my plans to make tracks revolve around exporting to the DirectX format and then converting to FBX, and then using the modding tools AC is supposedly going to provide to import it. All of this is a convoluted process so native AC support would be good to see in the future.

only problem with that is you need to extended the road vertices to 10 or 12 segements across for road.and add the shader for realroad.also the walls if attached to road mesh will give out a yellow tint,that physical attached to road mesh.terrain also if attached to road mesh will also show up has grass with a yellow tint.

I currently build for rFactor with a view to modelling for A-C & will give permission for tracks I create to anyone suitable that asks to convert them...
Which leads me to....
I'd REALLY like to be able to build tracks for/Export to GP Bikes by PiBoSo but currently tracks (as far as I understand it) need to be converted from rFactor(1) to GP Bikes using 3D Studio Max...
As Im fairly computer illiterate it would be great if PiBoSo's games could be exported to as well please...
(Although, I realize thats a rather tall ask as I'd probably be the only one using it... :( )
Thanks for asking though Piddy, & it's great to know that BTB might have other sim-formats in future!:geek:

Brendon,

I've been away for quite a while, but I'd like to get back into BTB. You probably don't remember, it's been so long, but back in 2007 I started work on an ambitious project of building fictitious street circuits on seven Caribbean islands, the first being Guadeloupe (Basse-Terre). I completed WIP betas for Basse-Terre and Kingston, Jamaica, and had WIPs underway for the other five, all for rFactor, of course, but just as you were developing the interesting trackside detail functions I got very busy at work and couldn't keep up with your pace of development. By the time I made time again a year or so later, my working files were no longer compatible with the latest version of BTB and I got discouraged and gave it up.

What I'd really LIKE to do now is resurrect my Caribbean WIPs, but complete them for GTR2 instead of rFactor. GTR2 has all the elements and mods I enjoy playing most.

So the question: Is it possible for me to get a license renewal for the current version of BTB for GTR2, and an "update" of my WIP files from 2007(!), or will I have to start from scratch?

Best regards,

John "Wee Scot" McDaniel

Hi John, yes you can get a latest license - just log into the btb website as usual. Email me if you have probs.

As for upgrading - can't say for sure until you try. Most recent versions are backwards compatible, but pre v0.4 I can't even remember myself.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back