Which Game to buy !?!? iracing vs ACC

Hey whats up guys new sim guy and really into gt racing on assetto corsa right now and its kinda making me want to adventure onto some other serious driving because theres not to many races always going on that are full of players on AC so looking into a few options if anyone can help

Keep AC and buy all the add stuff for 40$ to open up other tracks and races

Buy AC Competizione for 40$ plus t he 15$ add on probably for more cars/races

Buy iracing membership plus who knows what price add ons in game for more races

I guess my question is which is the best ? and which is the most active / bang for my buck ?

Thanks for the help !

Last edited:
There is no 'best'

Every sim has pro and cons. It depends what you personally want.

I always liked games which are highly moddable. It extends their lifetime, leaves room for creativity and there are endless cars and tracks. Therefore AC is my go to Sim. Because of its moddabillity, AC has a very big community.
There often are very cheap offers o get every DLC.
Mods like SOL and the CSP make th game much richer visually and elevate it on a higher level. Be sure to play it on PC because of that!

ACC is your go to Sim if you live GT3 cars. Since the latest patches it is absolutely breathtaking in terms of physics, graphics and the whole experience. Perfect! I personally am not a fan of GT3s, so i am not using it too often. But a complete GT4 package was announced, which should allow Multiclassraces and much fun! The rating system is good, so competitiveness is always given.

If you have the money and really want to be professional, iracing is another good option. Its ranking syste. is perfect and its really competitive.

iracing has recurring charges and is way more expensive than any other title out there in the market. You are not only paying for the content but the large community behind it. It is unbeatable in terms of multiplayer experience. (And if you are good enough, you might even compete with people like Lando Norris.) Meanwhile ACC only costs you like a nice dinner. My advice is to buy the ACC, see if you can get your safety rating up and join the competition server. Also see if you just like hotlapping yourself or multiplayer. If both yes, then buy iracing and commit to it. It will not disappoint you.

Iracing can easily run you hundreds of bucks, so these two things are not comparable in terms of money, thus why you need ACC to see if you want to commit your time, money and energy into a mere game.

iracing has recurring charges and is way more expensive than any other title out there in the market. You are not only paying for the content but the large community behind it. It is unbeatable in terms of multiplayer experience. (And if you are good enough, you might even compete with people like Lando Norris.) Meanwhile ACC only costs you like a nice dinner. My advice is to buy the ACC, see if you can get your safety rating up and join the competition server. Also see if you just like hotlapping yourself or multiplayer. If both yes, then buy iracing and commit to it. It will not disappoint you.

Iracing can easily run you hundreds of bucks, so these two things are not comparable in terms of money, thus why you need ACC to see if you want to commit your time, money and energy into a mere game.
Agree 100% with all the info so far in this thread.

It should be said, though, that running ACC, especially in VR, requires a fairly hefty system. If your system has only the minimum specs, I'd steer clear of ACC or upgrade your hardware.

You are missing a fourth bulletpoint in the poll: 0 All racing sims

If you can afford it don[t miss out as most new PC games all have very strong points you'll love. Don't limit yourself to one game when you can own and play them all :)

thanks for the pointers guys ! I ended up paying for the year subscription for iracing and its definitely a good game so far but ya after a day in I can see how it becomes expensive hahah everything I want I pretty much am going to have to pay for

Still have been thinking about buying the ACC due to not having to buy all kinds of stuff in iracing but not sure yet

I definitely like the GT / F1 racing in AC so I guess my next question is...

how good is ACC compared to AC racing? Would guys recommend buying the AC upgraded car packs and tracks or buying the ACC game and tracks next ?

thanks for the pointers guys ! I ended up paying for the year subscription for iracing and its definitely a good game so far but ya after a day in I can see how it becomes expensive hahah everything I want I pretty much am going to have to pay for

Still have been thinking about buying the ACC due to not having to buy all kinds of stuff in iracing but not sure yet

I definitely like the GT / F1 racing in AC so I guess my next question is...

how good is ACC compared to AC racing? Would guys recommend buying the AC upgraded car packs and tracks or buying the ACC game and tracks next ?

I'm stuck between the 2 aswell.
How is it a month in ? Currently enjoying SRS on AC but want to move up to a system with rating. Still enjoying iRacing ?

Hey whats up guys new sim guy and really into gt racing on assetto corsa right now and its kinda making me want to adventure onto some other serious driving because theres not to many races always going on that are full of players on AC so looking into a few options if anyone can help

Keep AC and buy all the add stuff for 40$ to open up other tracks and races

Buy AC Competizione for 40$ plus t he 15$ add on probably for more cars/races

Buy iracing membership plus who knows what price add ons in game for more races

I guess my question is which is the best ? and which is the most active / bang for my buck ?

Thanks for the help !
assetto corsa 1st
competizione 2nd
i racing 3rd
this is based on money and fun.ac is vast with mods.awsome fun.but thats me.

Theres a promo on for iracing:
PR-HOTLAPS

3 months for $4.78 (remove default 50% discount to use this code)

If you want to try it out.
Tried the mx5, then after that it was a minimum of $100 to be able to compete fully in the next series bmw 12 series (thats the car and 5 more tracks, so you'll have 8 of the 12 tracks for that seasion) couldn't justify spending that much, especially as imo the physics felt worse than AC.
Think the community/rating aspect of iracing is great though.

I've now bought ACC, testing it out soon.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 355 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%