PC2 Which FFB mods are you guys using for Fanatec CSW 2.5

RCHeliguy

Premium
Just curious if there is a favorite FFB file for the Fanatec CSW 2.5 wheelbase?

One of these or something else?
  • ULTIMATE Custom FFB
  • FFB Project CARS2 Version PRO
I remember hearing about the David Spade FFB settings a while back.
Also are most of you using the default wheel base settings and maybe a wheel setting of 540 degrees?
I just got a McLaren rim and wanted to play with in it in PC2 to see how it feels.

Also what is the typical wheel range for Formula 1 vs GT3 vs other categories of race cars?

Thanks for any assistance!

Just curious if there is a favorite FFB file for the Fanatec CSW 2.5 wheelbase?

One of these or something else?
  • ULTIMATE Custom FFB
  • FFB Project CARS2 Version PRO
I remember hearing about the David Spade FFB settings a while back.
Also are most of you using the default wheel base settings and maybe a wheel setting of 540 degrees?
I just got a McLaren rim and wanted to play with in it in PC2 to see how it feels.

Also what is the typical wheel range for Formula 1 vs GT3 vs other categories of race cars?

Thanks for any assistance!

Jack Spade, David Spade is the comedian from Tommy boy :)

I use the stock settings, 900 degrees wheel profile + ingame make sure to calibrate your wheel ingame.
The game auto adjust the wheel rotation degree per car based off the RL specs....for the most part.

I use PRO latest version. Feels quite good on the CSL.

Me, too. It's the only one I have tried that is even remotely playable or realistic on the older CSW. And even then, there are some issues that vary by car. PC2 FFB is horribly implemented from a user-interface perspective. Even after 50 times more work than should be required to get passable FFB on a mainstream wheel, I have no idea if I am feeling the best the game can offer or if I have to spend untold hours fiddling to improve it. Not worth the bother, quite frankly, due to other sim-related issues.

I'm using the Pro version now.

I got the Fun Pack with all the Rally Cross stuff and I'm enjoying that more than the other more typical racing.
I'm still enjoying Dirt Rally 1.0 quite a bit which doesn't have amazing FFB, however since I have a transducer mounted to my wheel support with rpm, and some other effects I'm "sort of" approximating what the Accuforce software allows. And my CSW 2.5 feels quite alive with texture of the track.

If Project Cars III expands on the Rally cross aspect, I might get excited about it :)

For some reason I love racing that involves sliding around a lot better than trying to drive a perfect smooth circuit at the limits of adhesion. It's just more fun going for the hand brake and kicking the rear end out and then flooring it kicking up lots of dirt.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back