• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

Which do you like better?

eno72

100RPM
Mar 16, 2009
they seem proposals for the icon of a new or improved tool.

The first one gives immediately the idea of what it does (control over cross sections probably), so I go for it

DDawg

100RPM
Mar 23, 2009
they seem proposals for the icon of a new or improved tool.

The first one gives immediately the idea of what it does (control over cross sections probably), so I go for it
ah .. to have young eyes again ...

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Feb 26, 2009
Hold control and scroll your mousewheel up, the images will get bigger.

Hold your breathe and count till next week, things will get clearer.

banger

500RPM
Mar 24, 2009
i like the first one, after scrolling mouse+ctrl for 5 seconds,i need a plaster.:)

Satangoss

100RPM
Mar 23, 2009
Hmmm... the left one is already into BTB interface.
It means edit track cross-section points.

I'd prefer the second one which ideally would allow edit points of track independent of cross-section, using a brush tool as terrain editor does. It's being indicated by new Piddy's signature.

Too optmistic? : )

Brad Dibble

100RPM
Mar 17, 2009
I like the first because i cannot see any detail in the second nad would have no idea what the button was for.

David Allak

10RPM
Nov 9, 2008
Hmmm... the left one is already into BTB interface.
It means edit track cross-section points.

I'd prefer the second one which ideally would allow edit points of track independent of cross-section, using a brush tool as terrain editor does. It's being indicated by new Piddy's signature.

Too optmistic? : )
I think your right, the left icon is definitely already in BTB as the edit track surface tool. So the right must be for a new tool, asking us which we prefer might imply that both will be available in the future. Not just an improved track surface editor, but a new, alternative one?
hmmmm, maybe :)

zaxxon

250RPM
Mar 30, 2009
The first one says "click to edit the profile of the road".
The second one says "road related"

I like the first one if it's use is for opening the profile/materials editing tools.

Martin Weare

100RPM
Mar 17, 2009
The wizard of Arthsea could be a good starting point.

See here [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Wizard_of_Earthsea[/ame]

Quote:
Then, with no idea how to deal with his other foe, Sparrowhawk tries to return to the safety of Roke, but the magical, protective Roke-wind drives away the ship on which he is a passenger. He finds what appears to be a safe haven, the domain of one of the Old Powers, but is nearly enslaved by the ancient guardian. He realizes his peril just in time and, taking the form of a falcon, flees yet again.

An icon of a Hawk is what I would use.

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Feb 26, 2009
I like the second one because it is not an icon, but just a small picture of what will be visible in the next BTB.

Here's a large picture ...

Attachments