Which circuit in Formula 1 do you dislike the most?

This is the first time that I've ever left a thread on this website, so hopefully I did it correctly.. apologies if I didn't!

Which circuits in Formula 1 do you all on Race Department least enjoy? I'm very curious to hear what circuits everyone isn't fond off? Leave a comment, and list a one or even a few, and rate them from being the least worst to being the worst. Also if it's your fancy leave a description on why you don't enjoy the circuit.

The only circuit that I don't enjoy is the Shanghai International Circuit....

Reason: I don't hate Tilke's circuits, but this one immediately stands out. It has a very long back straight, it has a first, second, third, and fourth corner that goes on for day's, It tries hard to be a fast circuit, and it tries hard to be a proper circuit, but... it just simply isn't my cup of tea, I find it dull, but everyone's opinion will differ.

Abu Dhabi. It's just left 90 degrees, right 90 degrees, left 90 degrees, straight.

I've seen stickman drawings less dull than this POS.

Aww come on, name your polls right! I thought it's about one of this year's Grand Prix, not the tracks themselves...
Voted for Sochi, cause that race really was pretty dull - mostly because of Pirelli's tire choice and the brand new surface. But the drivers said the track layout is pretty fun, so my guess should go to Singapore or Abu Dhabi - both are annoying as hell...

Shanghai. Seriously? The long curves before and after straights are awful ideas, and it's always disgustingly smoggy and empty. Time to move away.

In order of worst to not-so-bad:

Yas Marina; Why all the 90 degree corners?
Sochi; It has some nice sections, but these are far too many 90 degree turns and slow sections.
Hockenheim; Not a bad circuit for tin tops actually, but ever since its revision, it has lost its feel (and its flat!)
COTA; It feels way too artificial!
Barcelona; A good circuit but completely botched with the last sector.

Mentions on other tracks:

Shanghai; An alright circuit, but meant for formula cars only.
Singapore; Nice set of corners for a temporary street circuit, usually not a lot to work with in those.
Monaco; A historic track with a nice historic feel to it and no artificial feel like Austin.
Hungaroring; I think this actually has a nice feel to it with the mix of corner types and elevation change.

I don't like Suzuka because of the nausea from the s curves. It's not really entertaining to me. Same goes with the snail on Shanghai and Kuala Lampur. Also, the Barcelona-Catalunya circuit does not fit F1 imo, and with that dull chicane near the last corner. Ugh. I only enjoy watching races if it's MotoGP/3/2.

Barcelona should also be added. The circuit never produces good racing, and it's just dull to drive on games. Spain has loads of race tracks, but all of them are awful. Jerez is just lots of corners, Jarama is fun to drive, but awful for racing, Navarra has a stupid first corner, both Valencias are just dull as hell, and Aragon hasn't got much going for it either.

Yas Marina of course. it's dull to drive in game. the characteristic of that circuit is dull. everything. what's with all of those 90 degrees corners? the kerbs are too high (for me) so it will upset the balance of the car and prone to make a mistake if i hit the kerbs.
out of this year GP, Yeongam Circuit (South Korea) is the most awful circuit that have ever exist in F1.

EDIT
is there any other circuit designer than Tilke with his Tilkedrome nowadays? :cautious:

Last edited:
Yas Marina of course. it's dull to drive in game. the characteristic of that circuit is dull. everything. what's with all of those 90 degrees corners? the kerbs are too high (for me) so it will upset the balance of the car and prone to make a mistake if i hit the kerbs.
out of this year GP, Yeongam Circuit (South Korea) is the most awful circuit that have ever exist in F1.
Oh, the Korean circuit! I totally forgot about that one. Maybe because nobody watched any grand prix of it, even myself?

Oh, the Korean circuit! I totally forgot about that one. Maybe because nobody watched any grand prix of it, even myself?
and guess what. that circuit was built in very unstrategic location if i remembered correctly.
sectors 2 and 3 in Yeongam are totally nightmares. Tilke must be daydreaming about something while designing that track :cautious:

• Deleted member 161052

Shanghai.
You can make amazing pictures on the circuit, but the circuit looks like a man jumping in my view :D :p

Shanghai.
You can make amazing pictures on the circuit, but the circuit looks like a man jumping in my view :D :p
you have been....
Shanghaied.jpg

The new Hockenheim gets loads of insults. but why? It is a great circuit, which produces awesome F1 races. Remember 2008? That was one of the best races of the season (which is amazing, seeing as there were a lot of great races then). 2014 was a good race too. It's a lot better than the Nurburgring, which only really works if it rains.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 437 39.5%