Which car is a good compromise between speed and stableness?

Hi,

bought me a wheel (F430 Thrustmaster) and now I am lapping Monza with the 320si. But at the moment I can't get under 2:02.xxx seconds. If I count the best sector times together I have a 2:00.xxx time but I can't get a lap without a driving fault.

Is there a car you would recommend for a beginner which is stable to drive and not too slow :) ?

Are you a beginner or did you drive before with a different controller?

I am asking as 2:00 is not to bad for a beginner in Monza, I think the aliens do around 1:58, I am not sure whether I ever did a lap below 2:00 in Monza, would need to find old results...

1:57 in the Alfa in the high days. With a lot of rear camber and a loooooooooooooooot of practice laps you can get close.
Monza is just a matter of driving laps over and over again untill you know exactly where to brake and throttle, not very challenging imho.
But agree with Simon that the Honda is very stable

Are you a beginner or did you drive before with a different controller?

I am asking as 2:00 is not to bad for a beginner in Monza, I think the aliens do around 1:58, I am not sure whether I ever did a lap below 2:00 in Monza, would need to find old results...

I drove with a xbox360 controller and had the same problem. Never got a lap below 2.01.xxx. Now with the wheel I drove more consistently but still I would like too see a 2.00.xxx one day :).
But a small fault and I do not have the right corner exit speed ... (half) a second lost. Some more pracitce will hopefully help.

I'm happy now that I could brake relative consistenly without locking the wheels :)
And those times below 2.00 ... just wow!

Rotation is 270 degree. Unfortunatly this is the maximum.
Steering lock is 16.
FFB is the SimBin default setting for the Thrustmaster wheels. Feels nice for me.

I downloaded the Monza setups for the 320si from this forum. Espacially the gearing from C.Haba seems really optimized for Monza and I also have a replay of a 1.58.xxx lap of him. So I can see the breakpoints and the line. But ok, doing it myself isn't that easy :). And as I said I do not aim for a time below 2.00. This seems really out of scope for me.

Ok, test with this change

FFB: Set it to Low and strength somewhere 40-50%

As for Steering Lock, I would personally increase it to around 22 seeing Roation is 270 max. But thats how I drive me cars. I have my wheel set at 360 rotation and steering lock at 26-27. Just be extra smooth with the wheel when turning.

Is the Alfa competitive in the league? Asking just because I'm interested. What car is mostly driven?

Mostly driven car is Seat i guess. But mainstream sucks so Alfa rules :D

Try this: Alfa Romeo 156 2007 - Monza 07

If you have linear settings on your wheel i would not go over 15-16 lock.. Just hammer down a 100 laps and i am sure you are under 2:00m.

And if you do, please report back so can buy us all a beer and have a party lol

:party:

If you have linear settings on your wheel i would not go over 15-16 lock.. Just hammer down a 100 laps and i am sure you are under 2:00m.

And if you do, please report back so can buy us all a beer and have a party lol
:party:

Finally got a 2:00.xxx lap with the BMW and I'm really happy :party2:. And I see now that it is possilble to go under 2:00 even for an old non talented guy like me :)

Did a few rounds with the other cars but I realized that I'm already acustomed to the 5 gear BMW that I gave him an other try and well it worked. It is a lot about practise and the hardest thing for me was to learn to break. 2 weeks ago I really thought it is impossible to break without locking and no man on earth could drive a lap in Monza below 2:06. :laugh2:

Ok, the bad for me was that I had seen some other lap times on different raking lists...:laugh2:

Thanks for your help and informations guys!

• primera

mi best time is 2:06misn :( how can i get bettar time? i drive accord and hab logitecg formula force ex

thenk u bery much

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing