F1 2014 Which Car has the best gear ratios?

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Anyone have a view on which of the cars has the best gear ratios for their driving style?

I was struggling in career with 1st & 2nd in the Williams for tight corners (1st too short, 2nd too long). Took Ferrari offer and found its 2nd gear much better. Generally Ferrari seems shorter in the lower gear range but still does ok for speed on long fast straights.

Well...Ofc Ferrari is better...Codemasters seems to love ferrari, best top speed, almost as fast as the Mercedes, so yeah why not just give them the best gear to :p

The thought also occurred to me, but along the lines of the biggest brown envelope. Sir Frank's team would never stoop so low, but hopefully will have more prize money than in recent years at the end of this season.

I hate the low gears in the Ferrari, far too low!

I'm with you. CM completely guessed at how complex these cars are and assumed that making them practically impossible to accelerate from 1-3 was a good substitute for what they perceived as why drivers struggled initially. But it's the complete opposite. It's the braking systems and the front end of the car under braking. Uhg!

Anyway. Rant over. Question --
Which car has the tallest (or highest) gears 1-3 or 4) in the F1 2014 series?

I'm with you. CM completely guessed at how complex these cars are and assumed that making them practically impossible to accelerate from 1-3 was a good substitute for what they perceived as why drivers struggled initially. But it's the complete opposite. It's the braking systems and the front end of the car under braking. Uhg!

I prefer the Ferrari ratios, but consider its 2nd gear to be the 1st gear. So turns I previously took in 2nd I now take in 3rd, 3rd in 4th. Apart from the dinky thing in Monaco, I can't think of a place I would need 2nd. The Williams car, for me, is not manageable in 2nd in too many turns, but its 1st is way too short. That's the only comparison I have personally; have only tried Williams and Ferrari.

I haven't driven many of the lower tiered cars yet, but I've found the Red Bull to be the tallest (I think) of the top 4 in the low gears. Worst to best is Ferrari, Mercedes, Williams and then Red Bull IMO. Even though the Merc is a lot quicker I enjoy driving the Red Bull more as it feels more traditional (and the default cockpit view is lower).

Agree on Codies dumbing the game down by creating traction issues via the short gearing. The braking in the game, ironically, is the best it's ever been! Impossible to lock up, short braking distances, and even very good trail braking potential. But in reality we know the new braking systems have caused all sorts of issues, especially under steer.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.9%