Which Brit Pack car are you driving the most?

OK the Brit Pack was just released, but for those who have the beta it's been out for a while so it's not too early to ask which Brit Pack car you have ended up driving the most. I like seven of the eight cars (the Ultima GTR Road is too much work), but definitely a favorite has emerged.

My favorite combo has become the Caterham 360R at Oulton Park (International or Island layout).

For those who are wondering whether to upgrade, I think the Brit Pack itself doubles the value of AMS. Every car and track is a great addition to the sim. For those who only like F1, this probably isn't for you. But if you like sliding around in slower low-downforce cars, this pack is awesome. It has everything from low HP to high HP, and no downforce to moderate downforce cars. And three great sports car tracks.

The poll will be up for a week so there is plenty of time for new Brit Pack owners to put in their two cents. ;)

Last edited:
Yep, for me the Cat 360 at Oulton is the most enjoyable car/track combo in any game. I agree about the Ultima Road too. While it's no doubt impeccably simulated and modelled, it is perilously close to undriveable in my hands :)

The Ultima Road car is very satisfying to come to grips with.
Just tell yourself "there's an egg between my foot and the gas pedal", roll the throttle on NASCAR style.
1st go, I wrecked at every corner, pit exit, and on the straights.
Zero aids and what glorious V8 sound!

Caterhams excellent too. Remind anyone of the LX4/LX6 in LFS?

Also THANK YOU Reiza for including LHD Caterhams and Ultimas!!

CATERfreakinHAAAM!!!
I upgraded to membership package just to get to drive the caterhams, and could not be more satisfied.
this was such a pleasent surprise, as i was bored with every sim car that i like on sims that i play. brilliant!

thanks reiza for sparking up my passion for driving again:)

those who dont have the beta you should definately get this dlc, you wont be dissapointed :)

Haven't installed the beta, only tried out the content today.

I can definitely say I'll be taking the Ultima Road for some track time, that car is pure fun to drive!
Racing wise, I really liked the MCR.
All the others don't motivate me enough to fire AMS outside of competitive play.

Wow. Not only have Reiza delivered brilliant content but the sim is running even better than it already did and the new tracks are very detailed. I feel like I am there.

Bought AC on Saturday and coming back to AMS after a few days off, I think AMS looks better than AC. Incredibly enjoyable the new cars. I haven't tried the Ultima yet but I can safely say I won't be leaving my house this weekend.

Well at the time I write this, the Caterhams combined have 20 votes and the MCR S2000 has 16 votes. I think the MCR is super fun as well, but the challenge is different. You realize that you can go faster around a corner and the grip gets better, so lap after lap you go faster and faster and marvel at how far you can push it.

Votes are almost even split between the Cat 620R and 360R. The 620R is bonkers and I know some people want as much horsepower as they can get. I've done a bunch of laps and a multiplayer race at Cadwell Park, and driving the 620R there is just manic—you feel like you're on the edge of disaster at every curve. I'm sure some people love that. But then I drove the 360R at Cadwell for many laps, and I think the driving experience with this combo is just sublime*. You can be much more aggressive on the throttle going through the corners and push the grip with the throttle everywhere around the track. The 620R is more point and shoot—get it straight and nail the thottle—and then gingerly ease it through the corners. I like the 360R driving style a lot more.

*dictionary.com: "sublime 2. impressing the mind with a sense of grandeur or power; inspiring awe, veneration, etc."

Mostly Caterham so far, the 360R followed by the 620R and then probably the MCR, pretty similar to most people it seems.

Spent a bit more time with the Formula Trainer yesterday, getting it more to my liking. As a big FVee fan I expect this is the car I will be driving most long-term.

Trackwise, probably about 90% Brands so far with a little bit of Oulton.

ultima race so far. Great, maybe just needs more practice but it isn't forgiving at all; woe betide who puts a throttled wheel onto kerb - let alone the green O
The default setup will have you off track if you even think about touching a kerb under power. The Cranking up the diff coast a bit, and a giving front and back wings an extra click or two helps a lot in this regard.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%