Which 2009 F1 car is the most "beautiful"?

I feel the opposite actually. My favourite is the McLaren and if you compare with 08' I would say the new one looks much better. With all the "glued-on" bits and the large fin the old one looks ugly and agricultural.

The new one has more continuity in the body line (especially in top-view). I also enjoy the passage between gearbox and rear wheels. On 08' this area was covered with ugly bolt-on wings.

This is definitely the right way forward, but the front and rear wings spoil it a little. As Tony Southgate commented in Racecar engineering, there is no excuse for building an ugly racecar.

Really look forward to start of 2009 season!

I feel the opposite actually. My favourite is the McLaren and if you compare with 08' I would say the new one looks much better. With all the "glued-on" bits and the large fin the old one looks ugly and agricultural.

The new one has more continuity in the body line (especially in top-view). I also enjoy the passage between gearbox and rear wheels. On 08' this area was covered with ugly bolt-on wings.

This is definitely the right way forward, but the front and rear wings spoil it a little. As Tony Southgate commented in Racecar engineering, there is no excuse for building an ugly racecar.

Really look forward to start of 2009 season!

I really agree, i do like more the 2009 cars. I started this poll beacause i heard so much negative impressions about their look. However i find them more "clean" and enjoyable to look at.

Yeah. I think it should be more about optimizing the large surfaces than adding small bits to guide the air.

The Red Bull is good looking as well. Love the rear pull-rod setup. Makes for a really low and narrow area around the gearbox. I think it could be one of the fastest if it works well. But the nose ruins it a little for me

Where's the haters?:) Would like to hear from another point of view... I agree that the front and rear wings look bad:highfive: They look alot better on 2008 cars

• Andy Marsden

Very hard decision to make and I can't decide on one set team so I will go with 3!
Mclaren, Red Bull & Renault

not sure which one i like but i know every time i see an overhead of the Mclaren i can not help being reminded of a birds skull it is almost predator like in it's appearance.

80's cars please and with lots of turbo's on the them.. Lets go back to the 1000bhp era

i think shape of the 90´s would be the best :)

Attachments

• 4571.jpg
    4571.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 243
  • anditz

that pic of the mclaren is not the actual 09 car it was more of a prototype for me the mclaren does look the best but nothing beats 07 mclaren

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%