Where to start with sim racing rig.

Hi everyone
I been playing racing games since I was a teen with early GT series games

I been on and off using and learning about sim racing with a driving force GT I have a mid range PC a PS4 and PS3. I play forza 7 just with a controller because it is impossible to get my wheel to work with it. Project cars 2 GT5&6 F1 2012 and 2017 I want to get into GT Sport, iracing maybe rfactor 2 I mostly like driving modern race cars with high down-force like prototypes, F1 mid 2000's to current and Indy cars

I don't have a set budget ,but I don't think I will be going with a OSW type or custom setup
I been looking at a few different setups watching lots and lots of reviews and compression my concussion between.

TS300 RS with better pedals later however there's limits to what I can use on the PS4 here or CS Elite set where cost could be almost equal if I don't want a clutch and I could upgrade later if I wanted the CS pedals both sets you can get different rims if I prefer later.

any advise,and think you everyone.

Hey guys i've got the same "problem" i just need a seat and a chassi where i can mount my t500 and pedals. i want to spend around 1000€ wich is a lot for me. Sadly im not very good in building one my own so it needs to be pretty easy to set up thanks for ur help ( space aint a problem, i rly want a bucket seat ^^)

Upvote 0
Check out : https://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-om...ega-pro-racing-simulator-cockpit/pro-cockpits
I actually have the Art version, but if I was buying again from this company,
I'd buy the Pro version instead, as it looks a bit stronger.
After buying my TS-PC wheel, I had to strengthen my Art cockpit with two square section tubes to stop it flexing so much, now I think I could actually use a DD wheel in it, it doesn't flex at all now.
To put it together, all you need is a few wrenches, a few allen keys, ( which all come supplied ), and some patience. There are also you tube videos showing how to put it together. And they're well under your budget too :D

Upvote 0
Hey guys i've got the same "problem" i just need a seat and a chassi where i can mount my t500 and pedals. i want to spend around 1000€ wich is a lot for me. Sadly im not very good in building one my own so it needs to be pretty easy to set up thanks for ur help ( space aint a problem, i rly want a bucket seat ^^)

1k is a very healthy budget. I would get something from SimLab offering and be done with it.

Upvote 0

Simetik K2 cockpit + a seat of your choice

Upvote 0
I posted below in another forum and copy and pasted it here as a friend is purchasing a new sim rig and below is his Internet sourced prices.

If you ignore the pricing as this is for a higher-spec rig, the list below provides an insight into the various components of a Sim Rig.

Cheers

=============================================

...Turn key sim rig solutions are available in Australia. For example MotionForce 1 sells motion rigs starting from AUD 104,000 at http://www.motionforce1.com/#technology

The Motion Force rig is used by some Australian Supercar teams such as http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/erebus-adds-simulator-program-for-2018/

A friend is in process of sourcing a similar spec rig to MotionForce but doesn't want to pay for a turn-key solution. He is negotiating final costs but below is his full retail price list sourced from the Internet.

Note: Below is Australian pricing which is more expensive than say Europe or USA.

AUD
$2,400 80/20 Sim Rig Chassis (eg Sim-Lab or JCL V2 - shipped to Australia)
$599 Oculus Rift + Touch
$3,897 Triple 34" Monitors - ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 IPS G-Sync
$980 rSeat Australia 3XTL Triple Monitor Stand for Large Monitors
$105 Additional brackets to mount 34" monitors to rSeat Monitor Stand
$199 4th Monitor for Z1 Dashboard Telemetry - AOC E2770SH 27" FHD LED Monitor
$2,150 SimuCube Servo and Drive (Large Mige)
$140 Holger QR1 Steering Wheel Quick Release (Motor Side)
$2,000 F1 Steering Wheel with Holger QR1 Quick Release and button box
$1,500 GT Steering Wheel with Holger QR1 Quick Release and button box
$2,095 Heusinkveld Sim Pedal Ultimate
$1,143 Simworx Sequential Shifter & Handbrake Set
$600 Buttkicker Advance * 2 (seat and pedals)
$499 iNuke 3000DSP Amplifier (2 Channels) & Buttkicker Compatible Cables
$360 Button Box * 2
$200 Button Box Ram Mount
$150 Keyboard Tray - Articulated
$1,199 TAGA Harmony 306 - 5.1 speakers; Sherwood Active 8" down firing subwoofer, Yamaha RX-V385 AV Receiver (Package Deal)
$149 Speaker Stand
$412 Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II - Wired & Wireless Headset
$3,500 SimXperience GS-5 Motion Seat (incl shipping) - Price Unknown. Estimate Used
$120 Replica Racing Seat (short term pending SimXperience GS5)
$37,840 D-Box 4250i Actuator Motion Platform (3.0" spec)
$3,800 PC: i7 8700K and GTX 2080 (incl extra sound card and USB Expansion Cards)
$203 19" Rack Cabinet 508mm Deep
$170 Surge Protected Energy Saving Powerboard *2
$58 Longer DisplayPort Cables
$120 Cable Management
$300 Illuminated keyboard & mouse
$129 Logitech K830 Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard for in rig usage
$100 SimVibe Software
$320 Various Racing Software Titles
$35 Z1 Dashboard Telemetry Software
$200 Android Tablet
$100 Tablet Ram Mount
$20 Tablet Telemetry Software
$53 Diversitech MP4-E E.V.A. - 4 * Anti-Vibration Pad 4 x 7/8
$132 Rubber Mat
$80 Floor Fan

$68,057 TOTAL (AUD)
I went through this company for my motion.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back