Where to start with sim racing rig.

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by TOS020mike, Jul 15, 2018.

1. TOS020mike

TOS020mike

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone
    I been playing racing games since I was a teen with early GT series games

I been on and off using and learning about sim racing with a driving force GT I have a mid range PC a PS4 and PS3. I play forza 7 just with a controller because it is impossible to get my wheel to work with it. Project cars 2 GT5&6 F1 2012 and 2017 I want to get into GT Sport, iracing maybe rfactor 2 I mostly like driving modern race cars with high down-force like prototypes, F1 mid 2000's to current and Indy cars

I don't have a set budget ,but I don't think I will be going with a OSW type or custom setup
    I been looking at a few different setups watching lots and lots of reviews and compression my concussion between.

TS300 RS with better pedals later however there's limits to what I can use on the PS4 here or CS Elite set where cost could be almost equal if I don't want a clutch and I could upgrade later if I wanted the CS pedals both sets you can get different rims if I prefer later.

any advise,and think you everyone.

2. Mike McCormick

Mike McCormick

Ratings:
    +9
    You really need to state a budget if you want help on this.

3. Nils Bremkes

Nils Bremkes

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys i've got the same "problem" i just need a seat and a chassi where i can mount my t500 and pedals. i want to spend around 1000€ wich is a lot for me. Sadly im not very good in building one my own so it needs to be pretty easy to set up thanks for ur help ( space aint a problem, i rly want a bucket seat ^^)

4. GuitarTech

GuitarTech
    Premium

Ratings:
    +134
    Check out : https://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-om...ega-pro-racing-simulator-cockpit/pro-cockpits
    I actually have the Art version, but if I was buying again from this company,
    I'd buy the Pro version instead, as it looks a bit stronger.
    After buying my TS-PC wheel, I had to strengthen my Art cockpit with two square section tubes to stop it flexing so much, now I think I could actually use a DD wheel in it, it doesn't flex at all now.
    To put it together, all you need is a few wrenches, a few allen keys, ( which all come supplied ), and some patience. There are also you tube videos showing how to put it together. And they're well under your budget too :D

5. sebna

sebna

Ratings:
    +8
    1k is a very healthy budget. I would get something from SimLab offering and be done with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +50
    Agree, get something bullet proof and you will never need to update it again

7. Beef36

Beef36

Ratings:
    +48

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Piotr Dul

Piotr Dul
    Sunday Driver Premium

Ratings:
    +134
    Simetik K2 cockpit + a seat of your choice

• Like Like x 1
  9. Turvey

Turvey

Ratings:
    +31
    I went through this company for my motion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.