Where to start with sim racing rig.

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by TOS020mike, Jul 15, 2018.

1. TOS020mike

TOS020mike

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone
    I been playing racing games since I was a teen with early GT series games

I been on and off using and learning about sim racing with a driving force GT I have a mid range PC a PS4 and PS3. I play forza 7 just with a controller because it is impossible to get my wheel to work with it. Project cars 2 GT5&6 F1 2012 and 2017 I want to get into GT Sport, iracing maybe rfactor 2 I mostly like driving modern race cars with high down-force like prototypes, F1 mid 2000's to current and Indy cars

I don't have a set budget ,but I don't think I will be going with a OSW type or custom setup
    I been looking at a few different setups watching lots and lots of reviews and compression my concussion between.

TS300 RS with better pedals later however there's limits to what I can use on the PS4 here or CS Elite set where cost could be almost equal if I don't want a clutch and I could upgrade later if I wanted the CS pedals both sets you can get different rims if I prefer later.

any advise,and think you everyone.

2. Mike McCormick

Mike McCormick

Ratings:
    +9
    You really need to state a budget if you want help on this.

3. Nils Bremkes

Nils Bremkes

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys i've got the same "problem" i just need a seat and a chassi where i can mount my t500 and pedals. i want to spend around 1000€ wich is a lot for me. Sadly im not very good in building one my own so it needs to be pretty easy to set up thanks for ur help ( space aint a problem, i rly want a bucket seat ^^)

4. GuitarTech

GuitarTech
    Premium

Ratings:
    +131
    Check out : https://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-om...ega-pro-racing-simulator-cockpit/pro-cockpits
    I actually have the Art version, but if I was buying again from this company,
    I'd buy the Pro version instead, as it looks a bit stronger.
    After buying my TS-PC wheel, I had to strengthen my Art cockpit with two square section tubes to stop it flexing so much, now I think I could actually use a DD wheel in it, it doesn't flex at all now.
    To put it together, all you need is a few wrenches, a few allen keys, ( which all come supplied ), and some patience. There are also you tube videos showing how to put it together. And they're well under your budget too :D

5. sebna

sebna

Ratings:
    +2
    1k is a very healthy budget. I would get something from SimLab offering and be done with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +44
    Agree, get something bullet proof and you will never need to update it again

7. Beef36

Beef36

Ratings:
    +35
    I posted below in another forum and copy and pasted it here as a friend is purchasing a new sim rig and below is his Internet sourced prices.

If you ignore the pricing as this is for a higher-spec rig, the list below provides an insight into the various components of a Sim Rig.

Cheers

=============================================

...Turn key sim rig solutions are available in Australia. For example MotionForce 1 sells motion rigs starting from AUD 104,000 at http://www.motionforce1.com/#technology

The Motion Force rig is used by some Australian Supercar teams such as http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/erebus-adds-simulator-program-for-2018/

A friend is in process of sourcing a similar spec rig to MotionForce but doesn't want to pay for a turn-key solution. He is negotiating final costs but below is his full retail price list sourced from the Internet.

Note: Below is Australian pricing which is more expensive than say Europe or USA.

AUD
    $2,400 80/20 Sim Rig Chassis (eg Sim-Lab or JCL V2 - shipped to Australia)
    $599 Oculus Rift + Touch
    $3,897 Triple 34" Monitors - ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 IPS G-Sync
    $980 rSeat Australia 3XTL Triple Monitor Stand for Large Monitors
    $105 Additional brackets to mount 34" monitors to rSeat Monitor Stand
    $199 4th Monitor for Z1 Dashboard Telemetry - AOC E2770SH 27" FHD LED Monitor
    $2,150 SimuCube Servo and Drive (Large Mige)
    $140 Holger QR1 Steering Wheel Quick Release (Motor Side)
    $2,000 F1 Steering Wheel with Holger QR1 Quick Release and button box
    $1,500 GT Steering Wheel with Holger QR1 Quick Release and button box
    $2,095 Heusinkveld Sim Pedal Ultimate
    $1,143 Simworx Sequential Shifter & Handbrake Set
    $600 Buttkicker Advance * 2 (seat and pedals)
    $499 iNuke 3000DSP Amplifier (2 Channels) & Buttkicker Compatible Cables
    $360 Button Box * 2
    $200 Button Box Ram Mount
    $150 Keyboard Tray - Articulated
    $1,199 TAGA Harmony 306 - 5.1 speakers; Sherwood Active 8" down firing subwoofer, Yamaha RX-V385 AV Receiver (Package Deal)
    $149 Speaker Stand
    $412 Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II - Wired & Wireless Headset
    $3,500 SimXperience GS-5 Motion Seat (incl shipping) - Price Unknown. Estimate Used
    $120 Replica Racing Seat (short term pending SimXperience GS5)
    $37,840 D-Box 4250i Actuator Motion Platform (3.0" spec)
    $3,800 PC: i7 8700K and GTX 2080 (incl extra sound card and USB Expansion Cards)
    $203 19" Rack Cabinet 508mm Deep
    $170 Surge Protected Energy Saving Powerboard *2
    $58 Longer DisplayPort Cables
    $120 Cable Management
    $300 Illuminated keyboard & mouse
    $129 Logitech K830 Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard for in rig usage
    $100 SimVibe Software
    $320 Various Racing Software Titles
    $35 Z1 Dashboard Telemetry Software
    $200 Android Tablet
    $100 Tablet Ram Mount
    $20 Tablet Telemetry Software
    $53 Diversitech MP4-E E.V.A. - 4 * Anti-Vibration Pad 4 x 7/8
    $132 Rubber Mat
    $80 Floor Fan

$68,057 TOTAL (AUD)

• Love Love x 1
  8. Piotr Dul

Piotr Dul
    Sunday Driver Premium

Ratings:
    +92
    Simetik K2 cockpit + a seat of your choice

• Like Like x 1
  9. Turvey

Turvey

Ratings:
    +19
    I went through this company for my motion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.