F1 2012 Where to pre-order?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Guys I never pre ordered a game before and I don't even know what exactly this means. You pay some money now and you get access to the game from the moment it's available to buy. But you won't receive an actual original dvd game, you'll just be able to download it, right?

It depends on for what platform you are actually buying. The benefit of pre-ordering is most likely the lower price and you will get the game as soon as it's available. If you pre-ordering for Xbox 360 or PS3, you will always get a retail copy. (real box with DVD) If you pre-ordering on steam, you will just get access to the game on release without getting a real box with DVD, but you can also buy a retail version for PC. It really depends for which platform and where you want to buy.

When you pre-order you just put your name down to get sent the game on release date as I understand. The company usually bills you when the game is in stock and they send it out or you can pay beforehand if you want.

It sounds like you want to get it for the PC off steam rather than in the post?

I pre-ordered my xbox 360 copy from shopto last week. Unless I choose to pay early I won't get billed until they post it to me, but last year I paid for it before it was in stock

Thanks all for the answers. I'll try to answer to you all in one post.

Yea, I always forget to mention which platform I'm using. It's the PC :) I want to get the my hands on the game as soon as it's launched but I would also like to have the original dvd for it :D that's why I was asking in the first place.
Victor, pre-ordering it from the shop costs 40 euro.

Thanks all for the answers. I'll try to answer to you all in one post.

Yea, I always forget to mention which platform I'm using. It's the PC :) I want to get the my hands on the game as soon as it's launched but I would also like to have the original dvd for it :D that's why I was asking in the first place.
Victor, pre-ordering it from the shop costs 40 euro.

25.41€ for the game itself. :)

I pre-ordered from shopto last night for the PC. After remembering that they were recommended last year but didn't take the plunge and some getting them early, I thought I'd give them a try.

At least with the DVD, I wouldn't have to wait for it to download on steam.

In Australia, I was either gonna hafta buy it for $78 from EB Games or $45 from Steam, kinda obvious. I don't even like Steam, but I'm going with Steam 100% for this, also the fact that the pre-load for F1 2012 is coming out today is pretty damn nice too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back