Where is my GT3 DLC? And how do I get it back?

After doing a new install of rF2, I see that my GT3 DLC is missing some "unknown files" so that it wont load into rF2. As this DLC is the one I drive most, it's a bit frustrating. I know I've seen this problem mentioned before, but I can't find the solution anywhere using the search function.Can anybody help?

First open and close the launcher and Steam a few time, sometimes it is enough to fix the issue.

But quite often you need to close the launcher, go to the workshop page of each car giving problem and unsubscribe, then reopen the launcher. It should then redownload and install the car(s). Again, if it doesn't work the first time, close again the launcher and open it back a few times...

It can be a patience game but hopefully it will give you back your beloved cars! :)

Ther DLC items that are missing are not in the workshop under subscribed items. I'm a bit pissed off at having to jump through hoops to get the DLCs that I paid for. I can't seem to find a way to get them back, after screwing around all evening I'm getting a bit hacked off. I don't know where to go next. The steam support reminds me of the microsoft support, you go round in a circle, and land up back where you started, without having found a solution. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, I'll try again tomorrow

On Steam, go to your account, Inventory. You should see all of your DLC items under rFactor 2 and should be able to view their workshop page from there (and unsubscribe/resubscribe).

Ther DLC items that are missing are not in the workshop under subscribed items. I'm a bit pissed off at having to jump through hoops to get the DLCs that I paid for. I can't seem to find a way to get them back, after screwing around all evening I'm getting a bit hacked off. I don't know where to go next. The steam support reminds me of the microsoft support, you go round in a circle, and land up back where you started, without having found a solution. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, I'll try again tomorrow
I have seen your predicament several times over the last year, I THINK it is caused by joining a server that has some vmod based on thte dlc content. Something conflicts with the original dlc and the modded track or cars. The result is some of the dlc seem to get corrupted. the above guide should get it back.

The S397 items aren't under DLC. Stupid system and I've had trouble finding them because their in a different area for some stupid reason.

Open the steam app, got to your name/ Inventory. here you will find what you have bought from S397, not under DLC or subscribed items.
Here you can unsubscribe, open the launcher, Close launcher (this will sync your subscribed items). Re subscribe to the items under Inventory , open Launcher (this will sync Steam and Game) refresh the items and install.
Should have your items back.

Side note. Sometimes when uninstalling add-ons, skin packs from S397 mods for some reason this also can/has removed the text from the mft ini text file (Basically the mod ID) even though the file is still there, it removes the text itself.
Why is a good question.
Usually just starting/ restarting the launcher will fix this. Keeping the launcher open after uninstalling add-ons or skin packs from S397 mods the mod want so up in game if the text has been removed.

I've come to that conclusion too. I've sent an Email to steam Support and am awaitng an answer at the moment. Why always rF2? All my other stuff like DR, PC2, R3E, AccuRC etc just installs and works. And while we're on the subject: when doing a new install of rF2, why do I get everything installed, although I don't want most of the content? So then I have to go to the Workshop and spend ages unsubscribing them all. 454 files at the moment. Why can't you have a bare bones install, and you can then install what you actually want. Why, just why?

Because you are subscribed to it? The real question here should really be: why are you subscribed to content you don't want?
The stuff it installed was stuff I DIDN'T perposely install, and DON'T want, and have NEVER used.
When I installed rF2 last time I unsubscribed them all too. Ever bloody time I have to re-install fF2 it takes hours to get it back to the way I want it. I'm 65, and have been doing this stuff forever, I'm not an idiot. The other stuff all works out of the box, why can't Studio397 get their act together?

The stuff it installed was stuff I DIDN'T perposely install, and DON'T want, and have NEVER used.
So what you're saying is rF2 installs content for you are not subscribed to? Do I get it right? And you are sure about you being unsubscribed from it?

BTW, I'm not 65, but I've also been doing this stuff forever, and I've reinstalled rF2 I think three times in the last three years, while two of those times I didn't really have to, I was just checking something for someone else). How often do you reinstall rF2 for it to be enough of an issue for you? And BTW, each time, it took me like maybe 10 minutes to get it back to the way I want it (also because I simply backed up some of the files). Not counting the time to re-download the workshop content, of course, but that happens in the background while I do other stuff.

Then again you're no stranger to various weird software and hardware issues and problems no-one else seems to have, and strange "solutions", so I would still once again suggest there's something more going on on your side...

Nope Martin: you automatically get subscribed to all the content from s397 when you install the game. It's default. No mistake on his side there.

If you want to avoir that you need to go to "Userdata" folder in your rf2 folder, then open the "Launcher.cfg" file with a text editor and edit "Disable Workshop Auto-Subscribe" to True. Then you can have the base game only with no workshop content. Then go through the workshop and subscribe to the items you want.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 338 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 39.0%