Where is my GT3 DLC? And how do I get it back?

After doing a new install of rF2, I see that my GT3 DLC is missing some "unknown files" so that it wont load into rF2. As this DLC is the one I drive most, it's a bit frustrating. I know I've seen this problem mentioned before, but I can't find the solution anywhere using the search function.Can anybody help?

@GuitarTech Your issue sounds REALLY frustrating.
When I had some rF2 specific issues many months ago (I barely ever use rF2 any longer these days), I found it best to get in touch with Marcel Offermans directly through the official rF2 discord channel.

As has been mentioned, they are a small team likely loaded with work.
Explain your issue and I am sure Marcel can direct your issue to the right person and they will sort you out.

Here is a direct link to the rF2 support ticket form from their discord channel:

Here is a invite link to the official rF2 discord (limited to 25 uses, so if it did not work for you, ask again or find the link on their website / forum):

You can also scan their official forum or ask for help their - usually if no official help can be had, a few users jump in and lend a hand. The rF2 forum tends to provide a little more support than the rF2 forum section here as there are simply more people around, familiar with rF2.

I hope you can get it sorted. If you like rF2, it can really shine where its good at and it deserves a good user base.

I myself have stopped using it as I just don't have the time for the trouble shooting I usually had to do and mainly really because I am one of those who just don't get along with the UI.
Luckily our choice of amazing racing sims these days is superb and there is something in each of them for everyone ;-)

Good luck.
As you've probably already seen in my other replies here, in the end, Discord was the answer. Though not from Marcel Offermanns, but another guy who replied. The studio397 forum was useless, nobody over there seems to know about this problem, and nobody could help. One guy told me it was my own fault for using third-party addons with official content, but I thought that the Steam Workshop was more or less official?
I'll have to be more careful in future if you can't even trust the Steam Worskhop with an addon from August 2019! Every day's a schoolday :D

I thought I'd wrap this story up, as I now know what happened, after receiving a reply from Steam support today. It's so complicated, please bear with me for a moment.
So here we go: in June I apparently made several unsuccessful attempts to purchase the GT3 DLC pack. I didn't know at the time that it had been unsuccessful, I only found out after Steam support told me that today, and after that when I looked at my Paypal account from June 25th to check. No transaction carried out. :redface:
But back then in June, they were nevertheless installed into my rF2 install, and I've been using them all the time since then, without knowing that I hadn't actually payed for them. This only became apparent after I tried to re-install them after starting from scratch with all my stuff after a fresh Win 10 installation last week.
Still with me? After I'd bought them all again out of frustration at not being able to drive them after two weeks of abstinence ( although this was actually the first time that I succeeded in paying for them, although I didn't know that yesterday ) And then they still wouldn't install. Grrrr! Imagine how I felt!
And then we come to the the second thing that exacerbated the problem, and led to even more confusion: the skins addon which had been installed automatically because I'd selected it in the Steam library with the previous install, blocked the newly purchased GT3 DLC from installing, which led to me getting a bit irate, as I didn't know at the time what had happened with the first purchase, and was pissed off at having to buy it again (which wasn't actually the case as it turns out, the second purchase was the first purchase that'd actually succeeded ).
I think it was Aldous Huxley that said "truth is stranger than fiction" In this case it's certainly true, you couldn't make it up. I love a happy end :)

Last edited:
Hi Guitar, it's actually not your fault and the blame really lies with Steam Workshop not having the knowledge to first install your GT3 base mod before installing any car mod add-ons. With my skin pack add-ons for the S397 GT3 packs i never experienced these problems over the 2 years providing these skin packs to the community because i don't link my packs with Steam Workshop thus eliminating these issues!

Note: Whenever S397 provides a car mod update it usually breaks my skin pack for that particular car mod but in no way does my skin pack interfere with that car mod's update. Then i recommend manually deleting the older skin pack for that car mod before installing my new Skin Pack Add-on Fix thus all will work as intended. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi Guitar, it's actually not your fault and the blame really lies with Steam Workshop not having the knowledge to first install your GT3 base mod before installing any car mod add-ons. With my skin pack add-ons for the S397 GT3 packs i never experienced these problems over the 2 years providing these skin packs to the community because i don't link my packs with Steam Workshop thus eliminating these issues!

Note: Whenever S397 provides a car mod update it usually breaks my skin pack for that particular car mod but in no way does my skin pack interfere with that car mod's update. Then i recommend manually deleting the older skin pack for that car mod before installing my new Skin Pack Add-on Fix thus all will work as intended. :thumbsup:
I just re-installed two of your skin packs about an hour ago. We all appreciate how much work you put into your free addons, keep up the good work mate :)

It is a known issue, Steam apparently made some changes to it's inventory procedure and S397 has not been able to fix the issue yet. I doubt we'll see anything until the Q3 release in August. You can use windows to delete car folders and then rF2 will rebuild them if that is what you were attempting to do.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back