Where has my friend succeeded where I have failed?

I told many of you in the thread of our early life stories about how my secondary school years were tumultuous and me not being able to handle the burdens then.

I am much better and more self-confident today, it is just that I want to reach out to my former colleagues in I feel my skills in Basic IT can do that, but, I need to break stereotypes because in the U.S. (I don't know about the rest of the World), intelligent people (or nerds) are portrayed as the Economics professor from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I was commonly stereotyped as that nerd. But, my personality is also something people here find strange, perhaps.

On to the subject of this thread, my friend, who was the complete opposite (well, except for a couple of qualities I share with him) of me, because he was or had and still is and has the following:

-He's an all-rounder
-Everyone in the school greeted him
-He was accepted by every clique in the school
-He was and is considered the #1 Most Wanted Guy
-Everyone thought he was intelligent
-He made good grades
-Everyone thought he had a good sense of humour
-He was a class favourite each year
-The ghetto or inner-city Afro-American kids who mocked me and made fun of my mannerisms called him their "homedawg" and talked about "how he gets all the girls"
-He's treated as if he is the avatar of an extremely revered god; or, he was treated like a celebrated monarch

I asked him one day if I could talk about how he managed these feats over a cup of coffee, but, he told me he was busy and I have been speculating and wondering, "How is it when I try the same techniques, it flops for me?"

I should not compare myself to anyone, but, I guess I do things much differently than others.

Still, I want to connect with these people and assist them with IT issues.

EDIT - I want to assist them in any way I can.

Seriously dude who cares! you're who you are and shouldn't care about wanting to be like some guy who is called "Homedawg" lol!

If people are making fun of your mannerism well those are the kind of people you shouldn't be trying to hang around anyways.

"He gets all the girls" seriously, whoopty effem doo! as far as i'm concerned a guy that gets A Girl and treats her well and is together for a long time is the "Cool Guy".

Just continue being the good person that you are and good thing will come your way. It may not come right away, but it will come. it's when one is trying too hard looking is when it usually doe's not come.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back