Where do i put the car setup that i have downloaded?

sorry if this seem a silly question pc gaming is new to me ive seen the car setups which is really good .. but what do i do when ive downloaded them ,ie which folder do i put them in could somebody give me an example i use steam and have got downloaded tracks to work and cars but cant seem to manage the pathway ....:embarrassed:

have seen link ..thanks but when you not to good with a pc you dont always see and understand that the same rule will apply for car setups as for new tracks and skins thanks for help

We all were into that fase once m8, and its good you ask it, thats what this forum is about: helping eachother out. And this game can be a real PITA (pain in the ...) from time to time, especially for new comers.

I can remember that in my days as a beginning Codemasters Toca Racer Driver racer i lurked forums for months before i dare to ask my first questions :) Totall waste of time, much better to shoot of all the questions you have.

:good:

thanks for the help .. yes its all a bit complecated to start with i had looked through alot of forum pages and could not find anything about where to put the setups and was looking for the little read me sections that i see on the track dowloads with a pathway and that took me through the steam apps and eventyally ending in locations so going back from there i looked for setups to no avail .. was dirrected to go through documents and DaDAA there it was im learnig not only to drive the track but learn how to navigate my way round a pc ... i like a challenge .. thanks to all...

• Greame Champion

Ok I have my hard hat on, I know this will annoy some. Why do my setups not show in game?
I went to mydocuments/simbin and found two folders RACE 07 and RACE 07 install 2, now that seems wrong to me but heh. I went to userdata/carsetups/trackname and found that one folder had no default setups in and the other did so I put them in and they do not show up. Please help me sort this out.

Cheers Greame

I had a problem similar to this a while ago, when I moved my games over to my external HD. I don't know if this'll work, but have you tried moving everything over to RACE 07 Install 2? I found that worked when I couldn't get my settings to show up.

• Greame Champion

thanks all I deleted one folder and it seems to be working. I noticed a lot off the setuos posted are old, where is the best place to look for open wheeler setups. Got to say I love the F3000 in this game, I have always been an F1 MOD Head but I am enjoying the slower pace of these cars and they handle nice to.

Thanks again
Greame

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%