Where do I put my setups?

hey guys,

i hope its not offtopic here, but i want to know how i can implement the downloaded setups in the game..
i thought something with USERDATA -> CARSETUPS -> TRACKNAME and then put setups in there, but it doesnt work :/
and its right that i can find the implemented setups ingame in DATAS?

thx in advance :)

If you place the downloaded setups in C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\CarSetups\2006_Brno ( or other track of course ), you will see them in the game.

When yourself create a new setup for a specific car and track, when you save it ... it'll be saved there too.

i do exactly, what u say, but it still doesnt work... maybe i named the track wrong.. i downloaded a setup for zandvoort 07 track so i made a new folder (cause i just have one folder there (Zolder) and there are many setups in there, but i think these are only the standards.) ..\CarSetups\Zandvoort 07
and when i go in the game no setups... or do i have to make an extra folder in Zandvoort 07 for each car?

AI believe a carset[svm file] that you download won't be put anywhere unless you save it as something. Any carsetup saved will automatically be placed in the correct folder, found where J-P said. No need to make folders and drop files. If you have an svm file sent to you or downloaded form a site like RD you should first save a car to that track so it gets the right name on the folder.

There's surely something wrong somewhere Bigman06 ....
For example, when I reinstalled Race07 and expansions after Steam's mistake ... all original tracks had a folder created by the game in the folder I mentioned in my previous post.
Even if you install an addon track in the game, a new folder for the track is automatically created there too !

Do you have only 1 install or more ?
Maybe you placed your downloaded setups ( from RD I suppose ) in a wrong install.
You must have all tracks folders in the folder Carsetups and not only 1 ( Zolder you say ) .... that's not normal !

3 questions ... because I have a doubt about your new install after Steam mistake.

1) In your Documents\Simbin\ , how many Race07 installs do you have ?
2) If you have just 1, open file: GameInstallDir with notepad and tell me what's mentioned in it
If you have more than 1 Race07 install in your Documents, tell me if you have just 1 game installed or more installs on your PC.
3) If more than 1 install in your documents, have a look in your Steamapps\Common and tell me if you still have Race07 in there.

These questions just to be sure the Steam mistake was well repaired in your install.
I remember I had some problems in the game after personal repair before deleting everything and make a whole reinstall of Steam and Race07.
I wonder if the reason you just have 1 folder in Carsetups and you don't see any setup in game isn't simply because you don't use the right Documents\Simbin install.

PS: supposing you have Race07 with expansions and not Race Injection ... of which I don't know the way it is installed.

ok:

1) in my documents there are 2 folder: "Race 07" and "Race 07 Install 2"

2) i think, i have just one game installed cause i didnt pay twice for it.

3) there is a folder called "Race 07" (in Steamapps\Common)

and ur right, i have a few expansions for it: GTR Evo, RR1 raceroom, WTCC 2010 and the expansion of WEIßBIERBUDE (were a lot of tracks, cars, etc. ; but these are in a different folder) and i dont have RACE injection, so u can help me :)

and thx of course for ur help :)

Setups must go into your my documents folder only. But if you dont have all the default setups from the default tracks in their you have installed it incorrectly I guess.

For default tracks like Zandvoort you should never had to make a folder yourself as all the presets are automatically there when you install the game.

Do you have admin rights on your system?

thread moved to the correct forum and renamed title

haha i solved the problem :)
big thx to Jean!
now the setups are availible in the game. what was wrong: i named the folder wrong cause i didnt know on which name RACE07 catches Zandvoort in the game.. u told me i should watch in COMMON and there was the game and the tracks, which came with it when i installed and there were all the tracks with their names, so i created a new folder \myname\Race07\Userdata\Carsetups\2007_Zandvoort and it works :)

thank u!

to admin: yes i have admin rights on my laptop and i also think there was something wrong with the 2nd installation..

Ok ... as I was nearly sure, there's a problem if you have Race07 in Common, that was the Steam mistake.
Now, after Steam correction, Race07 is placed back as before ... in Steamapps\YourPseudo.
So, if you have Race07 in both place, you surely have 1 Documents\Simbin\Race07 together with a 2nd Race07 Install 2 ( or something like that ).

That's surely why your game is completely mixed up.
If it is so: a new reinstall should be necessary.

As Bram said: For default tracks like Zandvoort you should never had to make a folder yourself as all the presets are automatically there when you install the game.

All tracks folders are already created and you don't have to create new ones !!!!

PS: if you still have problems, contact me by PM ... I'll give you all advices for an eventual reinstall of the game.
There already was a long thread about this Steam problem, no need to begin again. ;)

PS2: Maybe delete the install in Common ( if the other in Steamapps\yourpseudo exists too ) and the corresponding install in your documents ( the one where GameInstalldir points to 'Common' ) might work but not completely sure.
So a reinstall is best in order to have a perfectly working game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back