PC1 Where are the setups stored?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Is there a way to export setups from Project CARS? I'd like to keep my own library of custom build setups offline and share them with my team mates or here on the forums.

Is there a folder where these setups are stored?

It is a big flaw in the whole product that you cannot save multiple setups for cars/tracks - a long established default for any sim for the past decade...

For now folks are sharing screengrabs of their setups which I can't bother trying to emulate

Unlike Codemasters this game isn't a console port @Ho3n3r it's developed for PC, hence I am surprised this very basic feature is left out.

This and other things were discussed and the big hitters (read big investors) all shouted the loudest. Like modding cabability etc. All the normal things that many sim racers would take as a given were left out. They really wanted a sealed unit that was pick up and play across all platforms.

Many who tried to get things like this and mod capability were basically outnumbered (read: told to shut up or shown the door) by the investors who wanted it all locked down for some inexerable reason that they said caused cheating etc online.

And zero cheating online in CM games, so point proven :)

bazinga-the-big-bang-theory-33926500-600-600.jpg

Even if the consoles couldn't use text-file based setups like PC sims could, why couldn't SMS have developed an in-game setup sharing system instead that could have also worked on the consoles? Combined with the one setup slot (which is less than the Codemasters games of all things!), it seems to be an area that has been heavily overlooked, especially for something as important as setups are to sims.

Replays also suffer from the same problem too. Can't be shared outside of your game.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.5%