Where are my frames going & how do I get them back?

MrBraindown

Premium
Howdy, I posted this on discord last night, but it probably wasn't the correct platform to host my question.

I was playing AC in VR last night, my first race ran fine, smooth as butter but during the second race my frame rate plummeted. I changed a few things, but nothing seemed to improve so I rebooted the PC. The first race was fine, but again during the second race the frames dropped massively. I normally get 50-60 fps, but during the second race it went to 15-20. I've not changed anything, so I'm a bit confused as to why this is suddenly happening.

This morning I tried it without VR, first race 85 fps, second race 35 fps (same track, same cars, same environmental settings) so what is going on? Its almost as if its caching something which throttles the fps and rebooting seems to clear it.

Has anyone got any tips on what I need run through to troubleshoot the issue?

Some versions of nvidia drivers have an history of degrading performance. I from time to time run the benchmark inside of AC and notes the driver version. Worst case I have noted 40 fps drop. One note is the internal benchmark is running an replay so it's not representative of actual in-game performance but is good to document current performance.

Have not seen it mention in this or the other thread, note when main task in fps app goes above 92% you will for sure drop in fps.

If your main task and fps is low (i.e GPU is not at +95% or fps is not target) then something else is limiting your performance, CSP for example perform bad with SLI and triples.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back