Where are all the cars? Plus: T300 settings........

New to Assetto Corsa. Just set it up.
Obviously, I'll have to hit the RD Thrustmaster FFB setup section....really weak FFB, with huge dead spot in my T300 with the in-game initial setup.

Looking through the car list....Where are all the cars????
I purchased all the dream packs to go with it. Only 3 GT3 cars?
Not really interested in the street cars or exotics.

Is that it? Are the rest mod based?

That's strange. When you're in the "Select car" screen you should have all the manufacturers displayed. Assetto Corsa has the C7.r GTE, 458 GT2, 12C GT3, 650S GT3, etc, you name it, they're all there. Are you using the filter at top of the screen to search? If so, don't use it, it's not very accurate.

Last edited:
That's strange. When you're in the "Select car" screen you should have all the manufacturers displayed. Assetto Corsa has the C7.r GT3, 458 GT2, 12C GT3, 650S GT3, etc, you name it, they're all there. Are you using the filter at top of the screen to search? If so, don't use it, it's not very accurate.

Awesome! Thanks. I found the rest. Still learning my way around UI and I was using the filter.

What are your T300 settings in thrustmaster software and game controls? Perhaps we can recommend you something to make it better for you in game.

That reminds me. Danny, I don't have a T300 so I can't help you in terms of software settings, however, you could give this program a try. It creates a lookup table that the game uses to give you more accurate force feedback, especially when hanging around minimum forces.
I used it for my G27 and it completely got rid of the deadzone in the center.

What are your T300 settings in thrustmaster software and game controls? Perhaps we can recommend you something to make it better for you in game.

One other question...why is my display resolution different, everytime I start AC?
So far.....
800x600
1280x720
800x600
1366x768
1366x768
I always have to reset to 5760x1080 or 1920x1080
Screenshot_4_zpshsrpurum.png

Screenshot_3_zps6esxdjgl.png

Screenshot_2_zpszxjooaoj.png

Screenshot_1_zpsbz9bi6b2.png

Screenshot_171_zpsxzs7c5af.png

For the resolution, try with triple screen option + fullscreen. But I have single screen so I don't know, maybe something between the game and your settings on Windows/gpu panel.

About the wheel, put 60% overall forces, 100, 100, 0, 0, auto center settings: by the game. And 1080º rotation.
In the game, 1080º too, 100 gain, and rest of ffb settings to 0. For now leave understeer effect off. Then on track you can lower or raise the ffb% (the force/gain) using + - buttons from the numpad on your keyboard (don't enable NumLock on the keyboard); which gets auto saved per car.

That reminds me. Danny, I don't have a T300 so I can't help you in terms of software settings, however, you could give this program a try. It creates a lookup table that the game uses to give you more accurate force feedback, especially when hanging around minimum forces.

I read some of the posts responding to this tool. Sorta mixed bag.
i don't want my center to be lighter.
Hope I can undo the changes if I do try this tool.

Thanks for the response though. much appreciated.

I read some of the posts responding to this tool. Sorta mixed bag.
i don't want my center to be lighter.
Hope I can undo the changes if I do try this tool.

Thanks for the response though. much appreciated.

Absolutely, if you don't like it after trying it, you just delete the table and switch back to using the normal force feedback. Hopefully you can get everything set up to your liking, because the force feedback is fantastic once you get it right. ;)

Just tried the McLaren at Nurburgring.
HOLY COW!
Just abit of fine tuning (feels like I'm on a perfectly smooth surface), but I now see why AC is so popular.

I was so disappointed with the default ffb. What a HUGE difference.
Wonder why AC sets the default like that?

Regardless, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I may not sleep tonight ;) while I get familiar with the cars. :D

ok. If you don't mind me asking more dumb questions....

I had to turn up the gain to 200. Now the ffb strength is almost as strong as my other sims.
which setting do I increase to feel textures on the track surface?
I turned up the road effects to 150% (full), but the tracks feel glassy smooth - unless this is just the way AC is? Especially while cornering.

---------------------

* Edit
EXCELLENT! Got me down to 2:00 laptimes (mcLaren @ Nurburgring GP)
Thanks @Michael Hornbuckle.
With your settings and increasing the vertical g forces, I can feel the track surface now.

Now I need to wade through the car adjustments. :sleep:

Last edited:
hi DShKM, i just got back from a year and a half off my g27.. reinstalled everything back and tried using some recomended settings with the lut generator.. but my wheel feels clippy sometimes while in the curve sometimes smooth but while in the center i can just hear this clippy noise (not full solid clip) when im not giving any input..
do you get this as well? i hear that its great in the center but to me its quite noisy and like it wants to clip..
if you dont get this.. would you mind sharing your settings? thanks
sorry this is off topic! .. kind of

hi DShKM, i just got back from a year and a half off my g27.. reinstalled everything back and tried using some recomended settings with the lut generator.. but my wheel feels clippy sometimes while in the curve sometimes smooth but while in the center i can just hear this clippy noise (not full solid clip) when im not giving any input..
do you get this as well? i hear that its great in the center but to me its quite noisy and like it wants to clip..
if you dont get this.. would you mind sharing your settings? thanks
sorry this is off topic! .. kind of

Hey Pablo,

No problem, here are my settings that I use along with that LUT generator. I get virtually no clipping, and get pretty good road feel. As for the noisy center, I can't say I've noticed anything. I just did a test with my headphones off and could only hear a couple of normal rattles during heavy forces, but nothing out of the ordinary when going in a straight line or putting out minimal input.

Also, if you do find these settings a little on the light side (my preference), you can up the gain to 65-70%.

Another important note, if you use the LUT generator, make sure the Minimum Force setting is at zero.

gm4iotm.png

Just tried the McLaren at Nurburgring.
HOLY COW!
Just abit of fine tuning (feels like I'm on a perfectly smooth surface), but I now see why AC is so popular.

I was so disappointed with the default ffb. What a HUGE difference.
Wonder why AC sets the default like that?

Regardless, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I may not sleep tonight ;) while I get familiar with the cars. :D

Enjoy! :)

Hey Pablo,

No problem, here are my settings that I use along with that LUT generator. I get virtually no clipping, and get pretty good road feel. As for the noisy center, I can't say I've noticed anything. I just did a test with my headphones off and could only hear a couple of normal rattles during heavy forces, but nothing out of the ordinary when going in a straight line or putting ou.................
wow ty so much! best feeling ive ever had with my g27 my settings were all over the place! i can catch the slides much muuuuuuuuuuuuchhh easier now...
now i really feel the road.. and the noise i was talking about is gone
did lower the effects a lot but bcs i dont really like them.. bsides that awesome
ty ty ty

I also recommend trying the experimental gyro with the T300:

Open with notepad the assetto_corsa.ini in your steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg folder (make a backup first in case you don't like it and want to restore the original file).

Find the [FF_EXPERIMENTAL] entry and set it to this:

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.01
DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

With the following profiler settings:
90%, 100%, 100%, 0%, 100%, by the game

In-game:
80% gain and the others per preference

wow ty so much! best feeling ive ever had with my g27 my settings were all over the place! i can catch the slides much muuuuuuuuuuuuchhh easier now...
now i really feel the road.. and the noise i was talking about is gone
did lower the effects a lot but bcs i dont really like them.. bsides that awesome
ty ty ty
Good to hear bud, hope you have fun! :thumbsup:

I also recommend trying the experimental gyro with the T300:

Open with notepad the assetto_corsa.ini in your steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg folder (make a backup first in case you don't like it and want to restore the original file).

Find the [FF_EXPERIMENTAL] entry and set it to this:

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.01
DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

With the following profiler settings:
90%, 100%, 100%, 0%, 100%, by the game

In-game:
80% gain and the others per preference
These are now my new settings. Feels amazing! Thank you.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back