When will we see some European Sportscars?

Yes and I am very much looking forward to that one, insta purchase :D

But with all respect the balance between Europe vs US is a bit lost in this game now. Would be interesting to see more european content but for some reason that takes so long.

Been saying that for ages. The Cadillac i could care less about frankly....

They did say that there were european cars in the making that everyone will be VERY excited about.
But knowing iRacing i´m sure it´s a VW Golf, Fiat Panda and some other weird cars :p

On their website (partner page) you see a cooperation with Volkswagen of the Americas so its not even an official VW contact. The Jetta TDI is a joke of a car in real life so please don't add his brother without the rear: VW Golf.

There are so many cool european series that have no game at the moment. Would love to see the WTCC in iracing for example but then the complete series and not a single car here and a track there.

I wonder if it will be Caterham or Ariel Atom. I think in all reality they can't have 2 cars in the same class because if one car has a slight performance increase over the other, that will be the main car that everyone will race with the current system. Right now we have LMP2, GT1, GT2, the soon to be GT3 Mclaren, Riley DP, Radical, the soon to be Caddy (where ever that fits), Ford V8 supercar, the RS500 (where ever that fits), and the street tuner cars (MX5, Jetta, Solstice). Other cars are single seaters which by nature should be a spec series in IRacing. When you bring in a new car it will probably draw people away from the other series. I would love to race the Corvette or Ford GT in a standalone series but the numbers are not there to support it. I was going to race the Falcon last night but no one, I mean no one showed up. So more then likely the Caddy will have to be joined in with another car (i am hopping the Riley, the mustang should not be in there), the Mclaren will probably be standalone or join maybe a GT1/GT2/GT3 series. But what car will lose out when the Mclaren comes out? I know I will buy the Mclaren on day one, but I will lose time driving the Corvette. So I am kinda stuck, but that's just me.

My money is on a Caterham since Lotus is already in the game, Lotus is now Caterham, or Caterham is now Lotus, however that is, it seems to change monthly on who is Lotus. It seems that Iracing is run more as a marketing tool for manufacturers and not run by enthusiasts of motorsport. So whoever shows up and says can we put our car in your game as advertisement, then it happens. It doesn't seem that Iracing is going out to get Licences to add their own cars. I don't blame them because I am sure this is the cheaper way to get cars in game but if claim that you are motorsports simulation, then simulate the the motorsports and figure a out a way to get more then one car into a class, and bring in more enthusiasts cars like the Porsches, the BMWs, the Ferraris.

I wonder if it will be Caterham or Ariel Atom. I think in all reality they can't have 2 cars in the same class because if one car has a slight performance increase over the other, that will be the main car that everyone will race with the current system.

If that turned out to be true, i will go hang myself... I probably should do it now already because i think you are spot-on seeing as iRacing don´t really understand or want to understand what we really want.

For the performance deficit it´s easy to fix. Just like they do in real life with restrictors and weight we could do in the virtual world even easier.
Give out the cars to a couple of aliens and they would find out which one is quickest in one day :)

FYI, Caterham is not affiliated with the car-company Lotus.
It´s just that "Team Lotus" bought Caterham.
Team Lotus only owns the name Team Lotus and has nothing to do with the manufacturer.

FYI, Caterham is not affiliated with the car-company Lotus.
It´s just that "Team Lotus" bought Caterham.
Team Lotus only owns the name Team Lotus and has nothing to do with the manufacturer.

Ah ok :) . So as street cars go Caterham is Caterham and Lotus is Lotus.The whole Lotus branding is very confusing. How does the Renault Lotus deal work in F1? I seen for this years WEC there is a LMP2 Lola Judd or Lola BMW or Lola Judd BMW, but its actually now called Lola Lotus. There is nothing Lotus about that car except the decal.

Ah ok :) . So as street cars go Caterham is Caterham and Lotus is Lotus.The whole Lotus branding is very confusing. How does the Renault Lotus deal work in F1? I seen for this years WEC there is a LMP2 Lola Judd or Lola BMW or Lola Judd BMW, but its actually now called Lola Lotus. There is nothing Lotus about that car except the decal.

As far as street cars go, Caterham was a dealer for Lotus. Lotus then wanted to quit making a model so Caterham started building the "evolution" of that car. So once in a time it was affiliated but no longer, except maybe for the evolution of the model itself.

Lotus Renault in F1 is the real Lotus team. Lotus bought the team and Renault stepped down in order to become an engine supplier instead.
Caterham F1 (last year known as Team Lotus) only owned the name "Team Lotus" so they used that in F1 but as you know it all got weird when the real Lotus entered F1.

If the LMP2 is called Lola Judd it means it´s a Judd V8 in it. If it says Lola BMW then it´s a BMW engine.

The Lola Lotus will be powered by an engine supplied by Lotus, no specs yet from what i can find.
Kodewa is the team, Lola is the car they bought, Kodewa is then sponsored by Lotus F1.

Not sure if any of this clears anything up but i think this is how it is.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120131/MOTORSPORTS/120139971

looks like a Lola Judd with Lotus decals. The engine was made by Engine Developments, which is Judd, for BMW.

Very confusing :confused:

Anyways back on topic, I would hate to see a Caterham or Ariel Atom in Iracing but with the current format I don't see how they would get anything different :(. Porsche and EA have some licence that only allows EA to have them. The others seem up for grabs but I don't know why IRacing seems to be dragging their feet on it.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120131/MOTORSPORTS/120139971

looks like a Lola Judd with Lotus decals. The engine was made by Engine Developments, which is Judd, for BMW.

Very confusing :confused:

Anyways back on topic, I would hate to see a Caterham or Ariel Atom in Iracing but with the current format I don't see how they would get anything different :(. Porsche and EA have some licence that only always EA to have them. The others seem up for grabs but I don't know why IRacing seems to be dragging their feet on it.

Strange :S Maybe i miss-understood the link i read,

The German-based Kodewa team will be campaigning a pair of Lola LMP2 Coupes in this year’s FIA World Endurance Championship which includes the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The Lola LMP2 race cars are designed and built in Huntingdon UK
and will be powered by an engine provided by the Lotus Group
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/02/lotus-lola-lmp2-headed-to-le-mans.html

Porsche and EA seem happy with their exclusive contract. Forza 3 bought a sub-license but that was never re-signed for Forza 4.
Seems like they are holding that one as tight as they can. Porsche does not seem to care either way though.

Yea you would think iRacing would knock on BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi´s doors.. Especially when you have a billionaire funding the game..

It is in fact true that iRacing does not put two cars in a class for the reason that you have free choice and are likely to pick the 'best' one for a specific track. The only exception seems to be the MX5, but that's a lesser problem as the cars have equal performance.

Yea you would think iRacing would knock on BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi´s doors.. Especially when you have a billionaire funding the game..

I think that iRacing would more likely be accepting sponsorship from the car companies in most cases to allow them to showcase the manufacturers car.
We know that GM has coughed up some dough to have there CTS in the sim.

I think they just feel like they shouldn't pay anything for anything.
Polyphony Digital as far as i know won't do it but it's a different game and they can boast with millions of copies.

You. have to understand the reason this car is in Iracing is not because the majority wants it, it's because iracing and cadillac will make money from it.

Soon there will be a competition where if you dress your car in GM sponsors you "might" win a prize.

Nope, I don't think you missed anything. Looks like the media is even confused on what is going on. :D

Soon there will be a competition where if you dress your car in GM sponsors you "might" win a prize.

Agreed, another contest I will never enter. Maybe I will make a custom paint that only I can see, but everyone else will see the GM sponsor ;).

I see the Japanese market is getting back in to motorsports, wonder if they would fork over some dough and maybe get a Super GT car into the game?

Nope, I don't think you missed anything. Looks like the media is even confused on what is going on. :D
Yea probably :)
Agreed, another contest I will never enter. Maybe I will make a custom paint that only I can see, but everyone else will see the GM sponsor ;).

I see the Japanese market is getting back in to motorsports, wonder if they would fork over some dough and maybe get a Super GT car into the game?
Same here :) Same with the Nvidia stuff. Thousands of racers put their Nvidia decals on, money goes to Nvidia/iRacing 1-2% of that goes to the winner in terms of Nvidia candy. Smart advertising but really low imo.

It would have been different if they said, "wear this decal for 8 weeks and you get $8´s"

Yea it was rumoured that the HSV would arrive but it was the HPD instead.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%